Post-Game Talk (GBU): We weren't ready to play

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I dk. I'm predicting what Eichel will say when interviewed.

Unlike Monday, we didn't really have a chance in this one. Too much standing around watching the play. Lost 5-2, and deserved that scoreline.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I thought the effort on this one was good.

Ullmark let in two softies. Not sure why you play him back to back. His first period focus wasn't good.

First goal he left his leg up instead of sealing the post.

Second goal was just lack of concentration closing the five hole.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Good
Effort
Sheary

Bad
Skinner finishing
Risto
Ullmark (outplayed yet again)

Ugly
Housley yet again

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
D0s4fPFUcAEIyb8.png

Thread image.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015

Ullmark let in two softies. Not sure why you play him back to back. His first period focus wasn't good.

200.webp

Reactions: sabremike

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Was not meant to be.
First half or so was fun to watch.
More empty netters!

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

With Hutton banged up and Wedgewood needed for Rochester tonight....who plays?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Call up Wedgewood? Let the Rochester back up play? That's usually how it goes.

Rochester had an arguably more important game tonight against Syracuse, and they weren't going to let Wilcox (who, judging from what some Amerks fans are saying, may be worse than a tired Ullmark) play.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Rochester had an arguably more important game tonight against Syracuse, and they weren't going to let Wilcox (who, judging from what some Amerks fans are saying, may be worse than a tired Ullmark) play.

The NHL club should always take precedent over the AHL club. Wilcox just plays for,Rochester.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I mean, at what point does this actually hurt Tages development? or are we beyond that, simply doesnt belong in the NHL.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So glad they were playing "meaningful games in March." Their second half of the season nearly rivals the tank years.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Going to the game on Thursday in Chicago. Just win that one.

Good
Dahlin
Montour
Reinhart

Bad
Meh. I don't have the energy.

Ugly
Only including it because GBU means Good Bad Ugly.

I really want playoff hockey. But I also acknowledge that the Eastern Conference is a f***ing shit show and it's probably going to take 100 points just for a wild card because no one in it ever f***ing loses anymore.

Go Amerks! I need a drink.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So glad they were playing "meaningful games in March." Their second half of the season nearly rivals the tank years.

The true character of a team rises to the top when teams play those meaningful games. Our character seems to be shrivel up when the pressure is on.

The first level of leadership is coaching, it’s an utter failure.

Edit: didn’t realize phone autocorrected to meaningless instead of meaningful.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I'm legit worried about this. Might be a good player if he can learn, but this has gotta be killing his habits and confidence. I really wouldn't be surprised if he never recovers.

He needs to be in the AHL learning to skate every shift. He needs to be a PPG guy down there, learn he can actually do it, then come up in a year or preferably 2. Instead he's overmatched, doing the little he can and developing bad habits doing so, and basically getting his career derailed. f***ing awful. Any solid AHLer would be better than letting a skilled 21 year old fall apart because he doesn't know the fundamentals and is in over his head too much to learn.

Same thing with Mitts to a degree. I'd rather see us using borderline AHLers rather than ruining future prospects.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“It’s hard to win in this league”

-Phil Housley 3/2

The teams you play every night sure make it look easy.

7 coaches fired this year. We get “it’s hard to win in this league” at the end of year two as they play worse than ever.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
This team is soft. We get pushed around. We lose battles in front of our net because guys push or dmen out.

We need 2 or 3 knuckle dragging mouth breathers to f*** people up. I am sick of watching Disney on ice each game.

U: With 15 goals, does Pomms hang them up or see if he has another year or so in the tank?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad