"We want to lose" club. For Swedish and Russian fans only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

Den said:
Regardless, these two reasons for "loosing" are very weak.

Alright, find a valid reason to lose. Anything! How about Krikunov? I think he sucks, don't you? I mean Dynamo is what, 8th? Even Spartak is playing better! :D

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
shawn_kemp said:
As we all know it, both the Russians and Swedes want to lose on Tuesday to face Switzerland in the quarterfinals. :help:

It's hard to believe, but the majority of fans thanks this way.

If you feel the same way, post here. Explain why your team deserves to lose more than the other. :)

this club should be also open for the Slovak fans!

if Russia and Sweden win, there is a possibility that Slovakia get the first place ... ehh i mean the third :D

Sweden has to win by a 4-goal difference.

shawn_kemp*

SIBIR said:
this club should be also open for the Slovak fans!

if Russia and Sweden win, there is a possibility that Slovakia get the first place ... ehh i mean the third :D

Sweden has to win by a 4-goal difference.

actually you're right. I'm stupid. But it's gonna be hard for them, they're way better than Sweden and Russia. :sarcasm:

shawn_kemp*

Den said:
In fact, it's up to Sweden: if they loose, they are 3-d anyway, regardless of the Rus-US outcome...

no, because Slovakia might try to lose and hope for a Russian win

and with the goal differential we would get :

1. russia +12 or more
2. sweden +9 or more
3. slovakia +6 or less

:teach: :D

shawn_kemp*

if Tuomu wasn't injured, Finland would have 2 Koivus and 2 Ruutus

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
shawn_kemp said:

1. russia +12 or more
2. sweden +9 or more
3. slovakia +6 or less

In this case Slovakia, Russia and Sweden would have 8 points. So the games against Latvia, USA, Kazakhston don't count.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't want to get the Swiss. Watching the Canada - Finland game I really want to have a game against them. I really can't see them getting much further the way they're playing. They were trying any line combo you could think of, and still sucked.

shawn_kemp*

SIBIR said:
In this case Slovakia, Russia and Sweden would have 8 points. So the games against Latvia, USA, Kazakhston don't count.
are you sure? I thought usually it's the overall differential that counts!

does anyone have the official rules?

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
shawn_kemp said:
are you sure? I thought usually it's the overall differential that counts!

does anyone have the official rules?

It's head to head goal differential if three or more teams are tied, followed by overall goal differential. If Sweden beat Slovakia and Russia won, Russia would almost certainly get the #1 slot by dint of their 5-0 drubbing of Sweden. The #2 seed would depend on how badly Sweden beat Slovakia.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
shawn_kemp said:
Our top PP unit is : Kharitonov - Taratukhin - Sushinsky - Zhukov ... and I heard that Volchenkov was injured so Kulyash will take his spot! :propeller

Too lazy to read all the posts, so this might be already said .... Anton will play Tuesday.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
We deserve to lose because of 1-0 against Kazakhstan.

Actually, no good reasons. We have to go and beat USA, as a matter of principle. Then we have to beat Canada in quarters, then the Slovaks, then finish with the Finnish, where Ovechkin or Kovalchuk should pull a Bure+1.

Ahem.. now back to our regularly scheduled programming..

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
shawn_kemp said:

1. russia +12 or more
2. sweden +9 or more
3. slovakia +6 or less

I'd like to see a Svk-Swe game were both teams are trying to loose :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
shawn_kemp said:
if Tuomu wasn't injured, Finland would have 2 Koivus and 2 Ruutus
On the prelim. roster we had 2 Ruutus, 2 Koivus, 2 Jokinens and 2 Kapanens (Kapanens and Jokinens are not related though).

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
The Mika Hannula bashing is ridiculous. He has not looked out of place at all and been doing a good job on the fourth line, bringing some speed and playing pretty hard, which only Påhlsson and Öhlund are doing as well. With that being said, I would rather have seen Jonathan Hedström on that role. He brings the speed as well and is more dangerous offensively + he is a decent agitator and has a more obvious winner's instinct.

This Swedish team looks really slow. We all know that the Sedins lack speed (they sure look really slow on the big ice), but guys like for example Mats Sundin (age no doubt) and Fredrik Modin have also looked exceptionally slow. Even Mikael Samuelsson is looking pretty mediocre on his feet

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'd seriously consider tanking the game a bit.
But those things have a way of coming back and biting you in the a*s.

In Salt Lake City, the Czechs and Canada played the final game, and it was actually who won was getting the tougher opponent in Russia as opposed to then clearly inferior Finland.
The game was tied, Czechs finished 2nd to play Russia, and were knocked out by the Afinogenov goal in the quarters. Canada went on the win the games, by destroying Finland and Belarus, and then beating the US in the final.

Sonic Death Monkey

I dunno, Last time Sweden was the favorite against Belarus..well I don't have to go further... Though I think that they prefer Switzerland. Would be nice though to see a game between Sweden and Slovakia with both teams try to lose the game :propeller

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I guess it depends on coaching:

Will Swedes stonewalling the blue line force Russians to take long shots on Salo? How will Swedes counter the cunning "one can skate, and other play defence, so if we put them together..." defence pairing of Kovalchuk and Kasparaitis? Will the entire Swedish team wearing #87 fire up Ovechkin? How many goals will Forsberg score blindfolded due to rare and previously undiagzoned eye injury?

It is impossible to answer these questions in advance, but one thing is sure: Jörgen Jönsson will be the key player.

shawn_kemp*

teme said:
I guess it depends on coaching:

Will Swedes stonewalling the blue line force Russians to take long shots on Salo? How will Swedes counter the cunning "one can skate, and other play defence, so if we put them together..." defence pairing of Kovalchuk and Kasparaitis? Will the entire Swedish team wearing #87 fire up Ovechkin? How many goals will Forsberg score blindfolded due to rare and previously undiagzoned eye injury?

It is impossible to answer these questions in advance, but one thing is sure: Jörgen Jönsson will be the key player.

:handclap: nice post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad