Sportsnet We Want Boston !!!! We Want Boston !!!! We Want Boston !!!!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Articles like this will make beating Toronto all that much more sweeter. :thumbu:

from sportsnet.ca:

Barring a late-season collapse, the Toronto Maple Leafs are locked into the third spot in the Atlantic Division. That means they are staring down a first-round matchup against either the Boston Bruins or Florida Panthers. As of Monday, the Maple Leafs had a 59.8 per cent chance of drawing the Bruins, who lead the Panthers by one point in the division race. (Florida has one game in hand.)

Regardless of who the Maple Leafs’ opponent is when the playoffs start next month, they are in for a tough series. But is one more advantageous than the other from a purely analytical standpoint? Let’s take a look.

Full article: Florida or Boston: Who should Toronto want to face in Round 1?

Reactions: BMC

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
There is a actual thread in the leafs board asking if they want Us or Florida. Most want us and they are arrogant about it. Some are saying they hsve more high end talent. Its the same shit every year. They never learn Their goaltending and defence are awful.

I know

High end talent that falls apart when the going gets rough. How many years are they going to keep repeating that "high end talent" bullshit until they realize it takes more than that?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Here's the link: Florida or Boston: Who should Toronto want to face in Round 1?

Giant nothing-burger if you ask me. Its basically a piece on who would be the better first round matchup for Toronto....Boston or Florida. I'd pick Boston too.

Must be a slow news day up north.

As a Bruin fan, if I could pick any team in the East to play in the first round, it would be Toronto.

Yep, I'd take Toronto, no doubt. Any of the wildcard teams may be weaker on paper but they're still capable, far more unpredictable and will play with nothing to lose. Whereas while the Leafs are a tough opponent and can't be underestimated, they're a known quantity with known flaws and mental demons that the Bruins have a definite edge over. They could still end up beating Boston, but I'd happily take my chances with them over pretty much anyone else.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I get it. Back in the day I always begged for the Habs in the playoffs, knowing full well the history and what would likely happen. Ignoring the warnings from my elders with a cockiness and swagger only a dumb kid could have

Leafs fans have become a young TD Charlie

• Haha
Reactions: RoccoF14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad