Not open for further replies.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Trial and Error has us in stitches.

2 more days until Shameless s9.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
A few people at the bar I frequent just did as well...WTF?

If they are younger it's usually stress related which messes with your immune system if your under it long enough.

The rashes aren't the worst part. It's the nerve pain that happens underneath your skin. Like someone just digging into you. Not a fun time.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Trial and Error has us in stitches.

2 more days until Shameless s9.

I still need to watch S8. I absolutely loved the earlier seasons but the past 2 I feel like have been kinda meh.

Do hope someone good happens with Fiona's character leaving.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Was diagnosed with Shingles last week. Definitely sucks. I hope none of you ever experience it.
Ouch. The wife had it a few years ago, said it was the most painful thing ever. Good luck to you. Everyone else - go get the shingles vaccine.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Ouch. The wife had it a few years ago, said it was the most painful thing ever. Good luck to you. Everyone else - go get the shingles vaccine.
Currently the CDC only recommends it for patients over 60. Most insurance companies won’t cover it for anyone not in that age group.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
That was one of my favorites as a kid, along with Nathans.
Yeah, I was a big fan of the Roy Rogers Double R Bar (I think that was the name - hamburger with ham on top). Nathans was great too. Did they serve the fries in the little cardboard box with the little wooden fork thingy, or am I thinking of another place? Somehow the wooden forks made the fries taste better....

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Arby's is making a pretty sweet comeback as well. They opened one up right near the practice facility a few months ago and I think I read they're expanding into Commack and maybe Merrick?

Arby's is great, I only know of the one in Queens near Utopia off the LIE and in a mall off Jericho Turnpike. I go to the one in Queens when I'm really craving it, I'm a fan.

I miss the Monte Cristo from Bennigans. My friend worked at the one in Great Neck (now a GN Library branch) during HS. We would go there all the time and he would always hook it up. I don't know what it was about their rendition of it, but it is the gold standard of Monte Cristo's for me. The one at Cheesecake Factory is close, but it's available only on Sunday brunch or something. I need to find a Bennigans somewhere to try it one more time.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Arby's is great, I only know of the one in Queens near Utopia off the LIE and in a mall off Jericho Turnpike. I go to the one in Queens when I'm really craving it, I'm a fan.

I miss the Monte Cristo from Bennigans. My friend worked at the one in Great Neck (now a GN Library branch) during HS. We would go there all the time and he would always hook it up. I don't know what it was about their rendition of it, but it is the gold standard of Monte Cristo's for me. The one at Cheesecake Factory is close, but it's available only on Sunday brunch or something. I need to find a Bennigans somewhere to try it one more time.

I went to a Bennigans when they were going out of businesses and they couldn't make any of their trademark items, like the Monte Cristo, since they weren't actually a part of the franchise anymore and were shutting their doors in a week or so. We went somewhere else.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

A monte Cristo from Bennigans? That has diphtheria written all over it.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I still need to watch S8. I absolutely loved the earlier seasons but the past 2 I feel like have been kinda meh.

Do hope someone good happens with Fiona's character leaving.

S8 was weak. It seemed like it was just thrown together. I don't have much hope for S9.

I think they'll send Fiona off with some love interest and have Lip take over the family.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I hate going on the main boards . It's like going to the ocean side at TOBAY during a storm . Feels good just to be back on the Bay side.
No thread comments for me . Just breathing the fresh air for a minute .

LGI

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Okay guys and gals. If I am visiting NY. Where do I get the best jewish pastrami sandwich?
I think there's a place in Merrick on Merrick rd, Pastrami king. Never been but they've been in business what seems like forever. Ben's Kosher Deli, Carle Place near Barnes & Noble and at least another location in Woodbury. Edit- depends what area you're visiting, too. Suffolk (Commack) has Pastrami n friends which looks to have good reviews. Good luck!

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think there's a place in Merrick on Merrick rd, Pastrami king. Never been but they've been in business what seems like forever. Ben's Kosher Deli, Carle Place near Barnes & Noble and at least another location in Woodbury. Edit- depends what area you're visiting, too. Suffolk (Commack) has Pastrami n friends which looks to have good reviews. Good luck!

I've only heard of Katz's deli. I can tell a good pastrami sandwich when it is hand cut, and slightly on the fatty side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad