We should remind Tavares why he came here...

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Tavares is playing alongside Matthews and marner. Two players better then anyone he's ever played with in his career who are also young as hell to boot.

Mind you the leafs as a whole have a lot of work to do as a team but the young talent is why he came.

Reactions: hotpaws

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
He came to try and win and his team just flaked out on him bigtime, doesn't seem like the type that cares much for fan adoration.

Reactions: Riseonfire

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He came to try and win and his team just flaked out on him bigtime, doesn't seem like the type that cares much for fan adoration.
seems to me tsvaras had played well every game as. a leaf ,even if he doesn't score he wins faceoffs and backchecks
he's OUR captain
the real problem is going forward is the so called core guys getting 7 and 12 mill that don't show up every night
I mean what's the deal with 29 and 34
u wanna get earn it
tavaras earns every penny

Reactions: Cobra777

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
For anyone going to the game on Saturday, I hope you cheer like hell when Tavares hits the ice.

That was a tough game and he didn't deserve it... let's show him that we appreciate everything he brings to the team on saturday night. Hes one of the guys that just brings it night in and night out.

Yes. Cheer.

But "didn't deserve it?"

April Reimer (wife of James) truly didn't deserve the 300+ death threats she got on social media when the Leafs lost game 7 to Boston.

https://nationalpost.com/sports/i-h...of-maple-leafs-goalie-recounts-twitter-attack

Unless he got death threats... a little booing, chanting and a free $100 jersey probably should have been expected.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Let's support Tavares like his newly minted rich kid teammates wouldn't!

Let's put as much passion and determination behind this as a Nylander hold out!

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I’ll be cheering at the game on Saturday night. I was at last nights game on Long Island and man they gave it to him good. I don’t think it affected him one bit but we should definitely let him know we have his back and he made the right choice. How about a chant of JT’S HOME! JT’S HOME!

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I’ll be cheering at the game on Saturday night. I was at last nights game on Long Island and man they gave it to him good. I don’t think it affected him one bit but we should definitely let him know we have his back and he made the right choice. How about a chant of JT’S HOME! JT’S HOME!

Good for you. Everybody should be cheering on Tavares tomorrow. The guy chose to come play with US. He got no support from his own teammates last night, the least he should get is an ovation from his own fans.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The Tavares/Hyman/Marner line was very dangerous in the first period and was the only line that was rolling.

The other 3 lines were a total no show.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
For anyone going to the game on Saturday, I hope you cheer like hell when Tavares hits the ice.

That was a tough game and he didn't deserve it... let's show him that we appreciate everything he brings to the team on saturday night. Hes one of the guys that just brings it night in and night out.

I was thinking about this last night, I hope that fans cheer him on against the Sabres.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Yes. Cheer.

But "didn't deserve it?"

April Reimer (wife of James) truly didn't deserve the 300+ death threats she got on social media when the Leafs lost game 7 to Boston.

‘I had 300 death threats in one night’: April Reimer, wife of Maple Leafs goalie, recounts Twitter attack

Unless he got death threats... a little booing, chanting and a free $100 jersey probably should have been expected.

More like one nut with 300 burner accounts. You can't seriously think 300 people sent death threats to Reimer's wife? Toronto has seen a lot worse without sending one death threat. IE Gardiner in game 7.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I would be truly shocked if we cheer him on like he deserves. The fans will probably be too busy meeting clients, eating sushi and texting(especially the lower bowl). Hope i’m wrong but our building has to be one of the least intimadating ones in the league.

Reactions: Cobra777

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I think the Isles fans gave him every reason to remind him why he came here.

I think Islanders fans did themselves a disservice. Tavares was a guy who gave his heart and soul to that team for 9 years, and they think he’s a villain. Good luck attracting free agents in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them never lure a superstar like Tavares. Who wants to play there for a few years and then get treated like a villain when they inevitably leave. Oops. They should’ve thought things through!

Reactions: RLF

RLF

May 5, 2014
I think Islanders fans did themselves a disservice. Tavares was a guy who gave his heart and soul to that team for 9 years, and they think he’s a villain. Good luck attracting free agents in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them never lure a superstar like Tavares. Who wants to play there for a few years and then get treated like a villain when they inevitably leave. Oops. They should’ve thought things through!

I had the same thoughts prior to and then especially last night. Tavares never complained about the way the team was run, the lack of on ice support at times, the circus of ownership, the multiple horrible trades etc. After doing all that and you still get treated like that...not a destination of choice in the first place. Can't see this helping.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't think he signed for the fans, luckily for us. Say what you want about Isles fans, the SBA won't be rocking like that in support of him any time soon

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I don't think he signed for the fans, luckily for us. Say what you want about Isles fans, the SBA won't be rocking like that in support of him any time soon

He signed here so he could be a legend in the game. The brutal honest truth is 1 cup in Toronto is worth 3 cups elsewhere. One time cup champions are forgotten all the time in a market like Long Island/Carolina/Tampa etc. 1 cup in Toronto is worth infinitely more in terms of exposure and glory.

This morning, after a rough night of hockey, Tavares can wake up knowing he gets to play for the Leafs with a chance to win the cup, resulting in glory for him and his family. I’m sure yesterday is already gone from his memory.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
More like one nut with 300 burner accounts. You can't seriously think 300 people sent death threats to Reimer's wife? Toronto has seen a lot worse without sending one death threat. IE Gardiner in game 7.

That’s up for the cops to decide.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Tavares came here because the team was in freefall.

upload_2019-3-1_13-33-6.png

Except they turned it around.

How you change your goals against so quickly is beyond me !

This year's Islanders + Tavares would be a tough team to deal with.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Somewhat parallels the Trotz situation. Former team is carrying on after his departure, but he's playing a significant part in the success of his current team.

Skilled, relied upon in all situations, absolute pro and a leader. Beyond thrilled to have John Tavares as a Toronto Maple Leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad