We need to talk about D-wight's game last night

Captain Mittens*

Dwight can you pretend that you are playing the Coyotes every game?

Goal one: This was a very skilled play on D-wight's part. He knocks the puck out mid air to an area he can regain control, feeds it to Ellen Kopitar and heads for the scoring area and shoots a rolling puck between Smith's legs....color me impressed

Goal two: King carries the puck in the zone, drops it to JDub and heads for the net again and then re-directs a Regher shot from between his legs in? Wicked

Goal three: Hard to build that up, but I bet 50% or more of us thought that he was gonna miss that.

D-wight....you realize that you gotta do this every game now right?

The first goal was actually on the short side and it was a pretty impressive shot as it went behind the defender and squeaked in on the short side while Smith was shifting to his right. Dwight has played fairly well this season so far. He was pretty useless most of last year but I like his game in the preseason and most of the games this season thus far. The bottom six players seem to take a beating from the fans and they are far from perfect but most of the lackluster play this season has come from the $4m+ players.

Last night was a great because so many players in a slump got on the board. I was hoping Stoll might even score but no luck there.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm still not sold on him, but he's shown some nice touch lately. He also looks like he's playing with more energy.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Anyone who wants to improve in any aspect of their profession should consult me for a new derogatory nickname. After the game against Calgary I started calling King by his new nickname...the next game he goes off. Nice Job "Farm Animals"..Nice Job!!!!:handclap:

Captain Mittens*

Anyone who wants to improve in any aspect of their profession should consult me for a new derogatory nickname. After the game against Calgary I started calling King by his new nickname...the next game he goes off. Nice Job "Farm Animals"..Nice Job!!!!:handclap:

Can you give Regher a nick name?

Captain Mittens*

I hope this was Dwight's ride home last night

BXcUjuxCIAAebh_.jpg

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
i can't believe how much hate king gets. do people really not understand what he brings to the team ? He's a low cap hit guy that can log minutes, wear down the other team and contribute occasionally on the score sheet. You would rather replace him with a David Booth like player that may score a few more goals but makes 4.5m ? For the cap hit he has, king brings enough to the team where he is valuable to us.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Posted last night King used his smarts to get to the red line before shooting... That's only half of it... as he was skating I'm like **** don't miss this man... Part of getting to the red line was probably to get an easier shot... So stoked he made it.

King looked good with Kopi/Williams... The big difference between that and the second line is Carter. Carter is a great finisher, but often times he will chose to shoot over pass to his line mates... Carter has the shot to justify it. I was against playing King on that line because Carter won't pass to him. Kopi passes to King and allows King to play the game and work on his abilities and position... this won't happen with King on the second.

-King stopped drilling the goalie in the center of the chest.... I remember him going through a stretch where it seemed like King didn't want to miss the net and kept hitting the goalie center mass.

-King (Penner also) Has the ability to use their bodies to come off the boards, shielding the puck and head at the net. Next step is to teach King how to come off the boards and hit Williams on the back door...

Hope King can keep it up

KingKopitar11*

Hope he can keep it up.

We have da wight King. Where is the da black king. They'd have some serious chemistry if we'd have both :p lol.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
i can't believe how much hate king gets. do people really not understand what he brings to the team ? He's a low cap hit guy that can log minutes, wear down the other team and contribute occasionally on the score sheet. You would rather replace him with a David Booth like player that may score a few more goals but makes 4.5m ? For the cap hit he has, king brings enough to the team where he is valuable to us.

I don't think people have an issue with King as a bottom 6 player, what people have a problem with is Sutter using him like he is a star player.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I love that creepy look King gives after scoring. I think his new nickname should be the "Creeper"

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

I want one! I want one!

But seriously, I think we have some guys on this team who have some untapped potential. Kings, Nolan, Lewis and Frattin all come to mind.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Dwight's biggest issue is playing consistent in one area. He has the tools of a power forward, but he can't seem to put them all together at once.

He looks embarrassed and surprised when he scores, players have to practically force him into a fight, and it seems like his hitting game comes and goes. He needs to have more confidence, start stirring the pot more physically and realize he has good hands and is much bigger than most of the other 12 guys he is lined up against.

Dwight hung in there against Staubitz and Reaves and beat Crombeen. He can hang with tough guys, he just doesn't want to or do it often.

King is a like a poor man's Simmonds at LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad