We need to acknowledge that on paper Stars have the most lethal forwards

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Yes, a team that missed the playoffs has a better forward group than the back to back champs highlighted by Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel.

I bet.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
The Penguins, without a #3 and #4 center, are still significantly better than Dallas in terms of forwards.

Stars are probably top 5.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Lol not even close. Benn and Seguin are great. But after that, Spezza and Radulov are good, not great. And after that it's actually quite underwhelming.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Keep it coming, this is almost as good as reading the trade board

What don't you agree with?

Benn and Seguin are star players, however, last season only Seguin reached 70 points
Spezza is 34 years old and is a 55-ish point player at this stage
Radulov is also a 55 point player who didn't even reach 20 goals last season.
Hanzal is a solid 40-50 point player
No other forward stands out or has accomplished anything worth a damn.

compared to

Sid and Geno
Kessel had more points than Benn last season and is far more accomplished than either Benn or Seguin
Guentzel almost tied the rookie record for playoff goals. On pace for 66pts as a rookie, which is merely 3 points less than Benn had.
Sheary 53 points in 61 games, scored 5 more goals than Radulov in 15 less games
Rust's production is comparable to Hanzal
Hagelin is OK too.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are Benn and Seguin better than Ovechkin and Backstrom? Kane and Toews? McDavid and Drai? Never mind the Pens.

I see a lot of overrating of Radulov here. Spezza was a really good player, but isn't he Eric Staal at best right now?

This is not putting down Benn and Seguin, but there are a lot of good forwards out there. Sooner or later WPG is going to explode, not that Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, and Scheiflie( sic) are doing badly right now. BUF, if it can avoid injuries, is scary. TO lacks depth, but Mathews is brilliant, and Marner isn't far behind.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So what we have deciphered in this thread is that if a player(s) have a down year they are garbage compared to others top players in the league. Stay classy HF

Benn & Seguin > Ovechkin & Backstrom

Benn & Seguin > Mcdavid & Drai (Because of Drai not McDavid)

Benn & Seguin > Kane & Toews

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What don't you agree with?

Benn and Seguin are star players, however, last season only Seguin reached 70 points
Spezza is 34 years old and is a 55-ish point player at this stage
Radulov is also a 55 point player who didn't even reach 20 goals last season.
Hanzal is a solid 40-50 point player
No other forward stands out or has accomplished anything worth a damn.

compared to

Sid and Geno
Kessel had more points than Benn last season and is far more accomplished than either Benn or Seguin
Guentzel almost tied the rookie record for playoff goals. On pace for 66pts as a rookie, which is merely 3 points less than Benn had.
Sheary 53 points in 61 games, scored 5 more goals than Radulov in 15 less games
Rust's production is comparable to Hanzal
Hagelin is OK too.

First I don't agree with the OP, but come on now. Obv Sid and Gino are better than Benn and Seguin, but Kessel? Also not sure if you know both Benn and Seguin were hurt to start last season. Benn didn't even practice with the team for the first month of the season.

I don't really care for these threads about who's forwards are better etc, but I have a hard time believing Kessel is better then Benn

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Stay classy HF", this is probably the incorrect context to use such a phrase.

The Penguins forward group is still a good bit better than the Stars forward group. I'd say the Stars are right up there with the Leafs though.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel
Dallas: Benn, Seguin, Spezza, Radulov
Tampa: Kucherov, Stamkos, Palat, Johnson

That's just dirty ^ :cry:

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
The Blues aren't anything to sleep on. Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Steen, Stastny are all 40+ point players. Fabbri will probably be right there with them if he stays healthy. They're missing the top line center but their wingers are completely capable of making it up.

I'm really excited for Stars games as a Blues fan. It should be a total slug fest up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad