We need some real hardness real soon.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Toronto Maple Leafs, playing in the Viagara Dome. That'll fix the main issue the OP discussed.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
19d9addac47ed041d38f46f2cdf5e6d9-275-275.jpeg

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Bettany wants a league of Allstars I like hitting in hockey but it's now become how to sell the game. Leafs are ahead of the curve let's stay the course. We just finally got out of the dark age of the salary cap coming into effect.

Sep 18, 2009
Bettany wants a league of Allstars I like hitting in hockey but it's now become how to sell the game. Leafs are ahead of the curve let's stay the course. We just finally got out of the dark age of the salary cap coming into effect.
Leafs look slow as shit man I thought they would be fast

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Certainly one of the weaknesses on this team. Needs to be addressed or this will be a wasted season

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Interesting how the plan was to build a team with plenty of skill. I believe Dubas himself stated 3 years ago that "you can always trade for toughness" if needed. This is still one aspect that he has not yet addressed . The Marlies were the same way.
I don't believe we can take the next step without it. Bruins, Flyers, Bolts, Pens and Caps all have it and they will all grind us down. Playoffs is a different animal. Surprised Shanny would not strive for a bit of toughness, especially since he was of that ilk and played on teams that were of that ilk.

We may have to much skill, it's an imbalance. Infuse some toughness Dubie. Last night could have used some energy guys cause if we were playing a better team, we would not have won!

Reactions: Trawna Phan

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
give the dude his credit, he's kept up his schtick for years now.

knocks back a 6-pack and then turns into his alter ego, Captain Tru G

I honestly thought he'd get bored of it but hey whatever makes this guy happy

keep entertaining us senior martin or whatever you call yourself ;)

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Ekblad McKenzie - Nylander Zaitsev Ozighanov conditional 2nd can become a first +
Pesce Ferland - Lilgren Kapanen Hainsey Babcock's son ++
Smith Anderson - 2nd for cap space

Fixed grittier some protection for the youth some proven leadership that can fill the fourth line a solid insurance policy for Anderson and the RHD is sorted out for the future your welcome

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Tyler Ennis punched a hole right in Ristolinens face. Small can grit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We one, or even the softest team in the league right now. We need some tru suckas, some tru g's back and that would have to be real soon too. We need a busy body sucka who can hit that thang real hard. That bigger guy, who gets in front of lucic, byfuglien, wilson and reaves. We ain't got that fool right now, se we might) fail. That's a possibility. Andersen and Nylander and Matthews must be protected also. Lou knew this thang. He always builds it that way, and wins everytime. Often I mean. Organizations of his is real hard. He took kommy and martin with him. We need better than those fools, dorks. We need a Nick Ritchie (still not signed, what a fool). He can hit 260 per season, still score that over 30 points and still protect our small mouses. We mouses right now, even the forecheck is not hard enough. Yeah hyman and kapanen hit that thang at times and kadri rarely, but we need a bigger fool for this one. Otherwise and mark my words right now: We are forced to make this move later on. Bank on it. Dubas got everythang else right, but he ain't played the game himself. He doesn't know the spirit of it lika mystery alaska and y'alls neighbourhood slang fields. They is killing fields. Others might get hurt. It's all in the spirit of hockey. Intimidating suckas is reality. We need that one sucka who makes everybody crawl like a mothersucka. Bank on that there. I knows ice hockey.

No, we need Nylander signed

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Ok, let’s see if I’ve got this right:
1) Our D sucks, we’ve gotta improve or we ain’t going nowhere.
2) Brown, Hainsey, Johnsson don’t cut it and have to be moved.
3) Our coach hasn’t a clue.
4) Why don’t our forwards support our sh*tty D (see 1/3)
And now
5) Truculence, where’s my truculence?

I’m looking forward to the PGT after Ottawa, you know, game 2

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Ok, let’s see if I’ve got this right:
1) Our D sucks, we’ve gotta improve or we ain’t going nowhere.
2) Brown, Hainsey, Johnsson don’t cut it and have to be moved.
3) Our coach hasn’t a clue.
4) Why don’t our forwards support our sh*tty D (see 1/3)
And now
5) Truculence, where’s my truculence?

I’m looking forward to the PGT after Ottawa, you know, game 2

I get what you're saying. But some of these criticisms are legitimate.

Not the "hardness" complaint, however. We're a good team without pointless bruisers. Matt Martin and Leo Komarov would have no place on this team. Maybe a physical defenceman would help, but almost any defenceman would help.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Ekblad McKenzie - Nylander Zaitsev Ozighanov conditional 2nd can become a first +
Pesce Ferland - Lilgren Kapanen Hainsey Babcock's son ++
Smith Anderson - 2nd for cap space

Fixed grittier some protection for the youth some proven leadership that can fill the fourth line a solid insurance policy for Anderson and the RHD is sorted out for the future your welcome

Micheal Ferland Fights

Read into it what you will Toronto is a better tougher grittier team .

Not a huge sample size at the pro level but those are pretty elite against your peers in any arena .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->