We may get our showdown yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

I can see the U.S getting past Russia now and if Canada does'nt get hi-jacked today by the Czechs we may get our eagerly anticipated match-up with the boys in red,white and blue.It's the way i want it.....as much as i'd be happy just being in the final against anyone my competitive juices want a U.S-Canada final most of all.I want that game and i want it bad

espo*

No-one wants to touch this one....this is not to get a flame war going if thats the concern......i just want to see if fans want that game or would rather Canada-Russia or U.S-Czechs. Canada -U.s is what i'm hoping for but i'd be happy with taking on the Russian bear also.

leafaholix*

I'd rather see a team play Canada that stands a chance.

espo*

Alexander Steen said:
I'd rather see a team play Canada that stands a chance.
Pretty confident this team is just too strong to lose? They are good but we have some concerns...........Barker gone and Seabrook could be gone on the next hit he gives or takes.I'm confident but i'm a little bit concerned about the injury bug thinning our "d" down too much.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
russia doesn't stand any more of a chance against canada than the US...canada will walk all over it's defense as well

barring a meltdown, canada is gonna win this one handily cuz no other team has the defense to manage canada's forwards. russia's is crap, so is the US's to this point...

i hope the US makes it to the gold medal game but from the way they've played, i really don't think they stand a chance unless everyone plays amazing

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I am a Finn who lives in Canada at the moment and with team Finland out of the picture already before the tourney, I don't much care which teams will be in the final. I just hope to see a good, tight hockey game with clean hitting. No blowouts, thank you very much.

espo*

Boucicaut said:
I am a Finn who lives in Canada at the moment and with team Finland out of the picture already before the tourney, I don't much care which teams will be in the final. I just hope to see a good, tight hockey game with clean hitting. No blowouts, thank you very much.
For sure,i want a thriller....of course i'll take a blow-out over losing any day.winning and a great game is preferable.

espo*

Levitate said:
russia doesn't stand any more of a chance against canada than the US...canada will walk all over it's defense as well

barring a meltdown, canada is gonna win this one handily cuz no other team has the defense to manage canada's forwards. russia's is crap, so is the US's to this point...

i hope the US makes it to the gold medal game but from the way they've played, i really don't think they stand a chance unless everyone plays amazing
You may be right.Just hope the boys can keep rolling along.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
hey i'm pullin for the US, but it's not even certain they'll make it past russia

i think the US can beat russia as long as they play an all around solid game (and bench likens) but i'm too nervous about the crap D they've played and the up and down goaltending...hell, i'd even worry about the offense cuz they don't always seem to get clicking either

it's just time for the US to step it up...and if they play canada, i certainly want them to win but hope they don't get blown out or something

leafaholix*

Not to be a total *****, but just being honest... it wouldn't hurt to play the Americans in front of a packed house in North Dakota... and win the Gold.

That would be nice.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Alexander Steen said:
Not to be a total *****, but just being honest... it wouldn't hurt to play the Americans in front of a packed house in North Dakota... and win the Gold.

That would be nice.

I totally understand. That's just what I thought at the Canada vs. Finland final of the WCH2004. Sure was lonely in the Air Canada Centre with my flag and Team Finland jersey :D

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Man.....imagine is someone set up a summit series between Canada and Russian under 20 players. That would be one hell of a series. At that age the two teams hate each other.....they don't play along side each other like NHL'ers.

espo*

em1ss said:
Cyclops, is there a web broadcast of the Canada game today?
i have no idea...i have'nt heard of one but some of the other guys may be able to hep you out.Hope you can get it.

espo*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Man.....imagine is someone set up a summit series between Canada and Russian under 20 players. That would be one hell of a series. At that age the two teams hate each other.....they don't play along side each other like NHL'ers.
Oh for sure....it'd be a hell of a series.There would be dandy games.....there is a lot of ill-will for certain and that's what makes for good hockey games.

espo*

em1ss said:
Thanks Cyclops, I'll keep looking
No problem man...wish i could help ya.i'll scoot around and see if i can find out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad