We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ryan

Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa
Can't blame this loss solely on Price. I agree the 2nd goal was weak, but the other three were hardly his fault. We do need him to steal us some games, and play like that number 1 elite tender we have seen so many times. He will bounce back tomorrow.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I don't understand most of you.
first on the Eller hit, the sens fans think that the head was never hit and Basically Eller smashed his own face in when the dove to the ice. WOW just WOW. Eller was hit in the head, the shoulder pad hit Eller in the head, the damage was done because the Sens player was coming at a fast pace to make a BIG open ice hit. The rules are clear. YOU CAN'T HIT THE HEAD for any reason. When you look at the speed of the sens player you see the intent to injure. People look for an elbow or leaving the feet, that did not happen, now look at the speed the sens player used and like it or not his shoulder pad hit Eller in the face. That where all the damage was done, not by Eller diving for the ice at 40MPH smashing his own face to bits. " judge sir it's not my fault, I shot my gun but he did not get out of the way of the bullet so it was clearly suicide " suicide pass or not, YOU CAN"T HIT THE HEAD

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I just spent a ton of time uploading this. I am completely inept so it took me awhile to try to find the best way to upload the clip "Never saw it coming" from TSN's video player. It obviously lost tons of resolution and frame rate, but I included the information that CLEARLY shows primary contact to the head. TSN and Fraser are talking through their *****. While it may ALSO be body contact, think is a hit to the head and for any rational person realizing what the effects were to Eller (no, it's not when he dropped to the ice), he lost consciousness immediately and I disagree that it was due to a "body blow". Strongly encourage watching the TSN clip and paying attention at 0:37

TSN clip:

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/918623/clip/139

Brian Wilde and Eric Engels are pretty much on board with the way I see it. Sometimes, I really dislike Bob McKenzie for not saying the things that need to be said. That panel f'd up bad even with their special graphics. Failed to see the most obvious part.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Bottom Line is that one team's goalie stopped 48 of 50 shots. The other team's goalie stopped 27 of 31 shots. Anderson was fantastic and Price was average. Price has been average for far too long. He's a great goalie when he's "in the zone" but when is the last time he was in that zone? Great goalies stand on their heads, not let in terrible goals (which Price has done all year). Time for the real Carey Price to show up. Simple as that...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bottom Line is that one team's goalie stopped 48 of 50 shots. The other team's goalie stopped 27 of 31 shots. Anderson was fantastic and Price was average. Price has been average for far too long. He's a great goalie when he's "in the zone" but when is the last time he was in that zone? Great goalies stand on their heads, not let in terrible goals (which Price has done all year). Time for the real Carey Price to show up. Simple as that...

I think we're all in agreement here.

We need Usain Bolt Price. Not this Price.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I think I can speak on behalf of Senators fans when I apologize for the Ottawa Sun for being an embarrassing ****ing joke. The sooner we see them run out of town the better. Their reporters are Leafs fans first, so it's not surprising how classless they are. Their attitudes on twitter replying to fans complaining about the cover are just filth.

Dude, come on. It's not fair to blame it on leaf fans. The Sun in general is a tabloid paper and they love to rile up any fanbase.

Hope eller returns in this series.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Can't blame this loss solely on Price. I agree the 2nd goal was weak, but the other three were hardly his fault. We do need him to steal us some games, and play like that number 1 elite tender we have seen so many times. He will bounce back tomorrow.

The 1st goal is one he has to stop. It's a weak redirection and AGAIN goes 5 hole. Price is turning into a modern day Allan Bester giving up 2 five hole goals a night, butterfly goalies are not supposed to give up goals there.

The 2nd goal was the back breaker though, after Anderson stood on his head to keep Ottawa in the game Price gives up a bad angle goal...again 5 hole. That took the legs out from the team and they only played so so after that. When you start questionning if your goalie has your back, it affects the overall play.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It definitely sucks about Eller, but I can't see Gryba (who?) being suspended. It looked like a bad timing hit more than anything else. If Ference only got a game, I can't see how Gryba would even get a fine.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
The 1st goal is one he has to stop. It's a weak redirection and AGAIN goes 5 hole. Price is turning into a modern day Allan Bester giving up 2 five hole goals a night, butterfly goalies are not supposed to give up goals there.

The 2nd goal was the back breaker though, after Anderson stood on his head to keep Ottawa in the game Price gives up a bad angle goal...again 5 hole. That took the legs out from the team and they only played so so after that. When you start questionning if your goalie has your back, it affects the overall play.

There's no doubt the team can't play well when they don't feel the goalie will give them every opportunity to win the game, but there's plenty of teams that keep trucking despite their goalie playing like ****. At some point, I hope the Habs can shake off this mental weakness that has plagued them for over a decade. We've also had some fairly young teams without great leaders for a little while, at least Koivu and even Kovalev had an even keel in games regardless of goaltender performance. We don't even have that anymore.

littleD

If the NHL suspends Gryba, they are making things up on the go.

Not sure what Habs fans can nitpick from the game. A couple that Price maybe should have done better on, but this was a game almost completely dominated by a ridiculous goaltending performance.

Montreal just needs to keep playing the same game. Only way Ottawa wins this is if Anderson stays in God mode. Then you just gotta tip your cap.

Subban I thought was pretty damn good, I think we in Ottawa will learn to hate his strong play and big hits :D. Gallagher seemed very effective as well.

Good luck tonight :).

EDDIE20*

Lean fan coming in peace….

Cheering for you guys to take the series. Anderson can be had. He won’t stand on his head all the time. Keep peppering him with shots and they’ll start going in.

As for the hit, I’m disgusted with the Ottawa Sun and the attitude of Sens fans in general. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me…. Mark Bell dropped Alfie with the same thing a few years ago and they wanted him dead af. Then again, the Sens are known for not respecting their opponent. You can bet that if a Hab nailed Karlsson like this, they would be crying bloody murder. The city of Ottawa doesn’t deserve a Cup.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well I had the pleasure of missing the game last night at a pre-screening of Iron Man3. At the time I was upset about it but now I guess I was better off.

Saw the highlights and Price giving up the goal through the five hole is pathetic. That never used to happen with him... not sure what's up with him but it's not good.

We might even have bigger problems at the other end of the ice with Anderson making 48 freaking saves. Two goals on 50 shots? That's nuts.

As for Eller, ugly situation but I don't think it's a suspension. Won't surprise me if the league gives him a game because the result was so ugly but it's a suicide pass up the middle... I don't think the hit was dirty but there's definitely head contact. The guy might wind up with a game but I don't know that he really deserves it. But man what an ugly hit that was...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That Ottawa Sun cover is pretty bad. Who would think that's a good idea?

Whoever wants to light a fire under the Habs' players ass.

I have faith in Carey Price. He needs to step it up if we're going to win this, but we've seen how Price can play when he's on his game and he's a top five goaltender when he's on. He needs to turn it on. He's capable of it, he can do it, and I have faith he will tonight.

I'm driving to Montreal tonight at around 5:30, so I'll be missing some of the game, which English radio station can I listen to for the first 30 minutes of the game until I get to my cousin's house?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If the NHL suspends Gryba, they are making things up on the go.

Not sure what Habs fans can nitpick from the game. A couple that Price maybe should have done better on, but this was a game almost completely dominated by a ridiculous goaltending performance.

Montreal just needs to keep playing the same game. Only way Ottawa wins this is if Anderson stays in God mode. Then you just gotta tip your cap.

Subban I thought was pretty damn good, I think we in Ottawa will learn to hate his strong play and big hits :D. Gallagher seemed very effective as well.

Good luck tonight :).

I'm undecided on the Gryba hit. Depending on which clip you watch it IS a headshot or ISN'T a headshot. Filtering out the knee-jerk reactions from biased fans is the hardest part of all.

But your other points are dead-on and reasonable. Anderson was terrific and deserved a win.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just saw the hit again... looks clean to me. Hate to say that when the result is so ugly but it's not a suspendable hit. I think the league is calling him in for a hearing to show that they're taking things seriously but he shouldn't be suspended.

There's head contact but it's not targeted. Need to separate your emotions and look at things objectively, if the shoe was on the other foot many here would be saying it was a clean hit.

The lesson is... don't throw a suicide pass up the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad