Post-Game Talk: WE LIKE THE STOCK, I MEAN TEAM! Panthers score 3 in final 10 minutes to stun Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We had so many great chances in the 3rd before the flood gates opened. Ekblad's post, Barkov's shot missing the crossbar by an inch etc..

Was nice to see the team remain focused and hungry even after 53 minutes of good opportunities/prime scoring chances stopped by the Dallas goalie/"puck luck".

Can't say it due to a possible jinx, but man, it seems different this year.

Yeah special group. Gotta figure out the scoring problems with Duclair and Verhaege though, these comeback wins aren't sustainable. But the guys have bought in big time.

Reactions: ShootIt

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Probably deserved a better fate on Wednesday and Dallas probably deserved a better fate last night so pretty even. That shift with Huby/Sasha/Swaggy right before Franky’s goal was exhausting for Dallas.

-ghoste

Reactions: blinky67

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah special group. Gotta figure out the scoring problems with Duclair and Verhaege though, these comeback wins aren't sustainable. But the guys have bought in big time.

Time to take the bag off

20210226_082821.gif

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
No kidding. Dallas is a heavy team! Panthers looked exhausted tonight for most of the game.

I hope for their sake they get the day off tomorrow.
Dallas was without Khudobin, Seguin and Radulov last night. This is a good team. Nice that we could win against them, but when they ice their best lineup I'll be less optimistic.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Since I didn't get the Florida feed last night, I watched the five minute version of highlights this morning.

Just wanted to see if Goldie actually acknowledged that Bob made a save last night. :sarcasm:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Join the hfPanthers Discord Server!

Mentioned this a couple games ago, I've put together our own hfPanthers Discord server and had some posters test it out. I was thinking that in these difficult times when people are stuck at home, you might want to actually talk to someone, so there's all kinds of different channels if you feel like talking. :DD
Joined!!

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
i had given up. have been trying to catch more of games as season's gone on and they've been getting results.

it seemed they were asleep most of the night. i gave them a good chunk of the 3rd to get something going but when they weren't able to capitalize on those few good ops, i thought "they're done". kept the game up on my phone though so i didn't miss the end.

wennberg with another brutally weak effort on the puck at the blue line earlier in 3rd that nearly resulted in a goal. v similar effort to the one the night before. i'm not liking that type of soft play but i think that may be him. it's contagious. i'm sure he got shit for that in cbus.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This gif sums up everyone's emotions the first 53 minutes of this game/GDT

Just needed to let out a big sneeze and then power up for 3 goals in 3 minutes.
Still can't get over this win.
Big....biggggg......humongous

tenor-40.gif

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
i had given up. have been trying to catch more of games as season's gone on and they've been getting results.

it seemed they were asleep most of the night. i gave them a good chunk of the 3rd to get something going but when they weren't able to capitalize on those few good ops, i thought "they're done". kept the game up on my phone though so i didn't miss the end.

wennberg with another brutally weak effort on the puck at the blue line earlier in 3rd that nearly resulted in a goal. v similar effort to the one the night before. i'm not liking that type of soft play but i think that may be him. it's contagious. i'm sure he got shit for that in cbus.
I'm his biggest defender, but this was definitely Wennberg's worst game of the year. Nice that he bounced back to set up the winning goal.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
This gif sums up everyone's emotions the first 53 minutes of this game/GDT

Just needed to let out a big sneeze and then power up for 3 goals in 3 minutes.
Still can't get over this win.
Big....biggggg......humongous

View attachment 400835
I read a few pages of the start of the gdt.
A few bad looks there. Some posts aged very poorly.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I thought Kevin Connauton had a great game

I agree. Nothing special but even one shift he skated right through NZ and took it deep to goal line.
Big body who can take some hits and was good in our zone.
I know Goldie said he's been on DAL but only remember his name from ARI.
Must have a decent shot with a 9 and 11 goal seasons on his resume.

Nutivaara is only Zito addition that hasn't lived up yet but some of it (Covid) isn't his fault.
Or it's Hinistroza. Lomberg has been better than him
Swaggy and Duke are going a bit dry but was expected.
Really have a tough time picking between Horny and Gudas as the best add.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad