Post-Game Talk: WE LIKE THE STOCK, I MEAN TEAM! Panthers score 3 in final 10 minutes to stun Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So when things are going south we just gotta remember to go and break the boards for a 10 min break in the 3rd period to unlock god mode.
I mentioned in another post that they looked exhausted for the most part tonight.
I don't think that it's a coincidence that after the break they came alive. A nice rest indeed!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
In the past you definitely turn off the telly at 2-0, and check the 3-0 loss score in the morning. But not this team!

Reactions: austropanther

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yandle and Juulsen basically didn't play in the 3rd, especially after that break in play. 12 and 10 minutes respectively.

juulsen had a rough game... just fighting the puck

I thought Juuls had a tough start, but got better as the game went on. Not sure why he didn't play much in the 3rd. :huh:

Halfway through the 2nd?, he beat the goalie with a shot from the blue-line, that proceeded to hit the knob of the goal stick. Can't get much closer than that!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I thought Juuls had a tough start, but got better as the game went on. Not sure why he didn't play much in the 3rd. :huh:

Halfway through the 2nd?, he beat the goalie with a shot from the blue-line, that proceeded to hit the knob of the goal stick. Can't get much closer than that!
He got buried behind the net too, hopefully Q was just riding the vets with his injury history.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
K. Conn and Juuls are about the same size. Not sure who will be in the lineup tonight. :dunno:

I was thinking and Dallas is the perfect team for March to play against intra-division schedule. They are big, like to hit a lot. That is March's game. He is a really big boy and likes to throw the body. If he makes it in tonight he may do well.

You got to think that Deni being on the team will only positively influence Bob; having another country-man in the lineup. Should help them both.
That's a good post right there :thumbu:

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Went to bed when it was 2-0. I was SO tired, it was 3:30am here. Slept like shit all night. Kept having thoughts, not dreams since I wasn’t really in a deep sleep, about a Panthers comeback. I got up 20 minutes ago, watch the last 10 minutes, and lo and behold, a Panthers comeback win. Crazy thing is, the goal I kept seeing over and over in my head, involved a Weegar shot.

Hopefully one of these days I’ll be able to see some future lottery numbers in my dreams.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Went to bed when it was 2-0. I was SO tired, it was 3:30am here. Slept like shit all night. Kept having thoughts, not dreams since I wasn’t really in a deep sleep, about a Panthers comeback. I got up 20 minutes ago, watch the last 10 minutes, and lo and behold, a Panthers comeback win. Crazy thing is, the goal I kept seeing over and over in my head, involved a Weegar shot.

Hopefully one of these days I’ll be able to see some future lottery numbers in my dreams.
If you do. Let me know too. Thanks

Reactions: Cold Cat

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

In your dreams...

When does Doge Coin hit a dollar?
Does AMC hit 20?

Who does Barkov pass the cup too?

Hmu.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Great game by Bob tonight ! Maybe he plays better without the pressure of being the official N°1 goalie ? Connauton made his presence felt, which is a good sign in terms of defensive depth. Any word on how long Gudas will be out for ?

IMHO this game was the perfect example of how much Dallas is a very average/mediocre team when their goalies aren't playing insanely well and completely bailing them out.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
So moving forward do the lines stay the same or does Q change them up?

Verhaeghe and Duclair haven't scored in a while. Verhaeghe had a hot start and Duke only has 2 goals so far.

Vatrano has 5 goals, 2 less than Verhaeghe. Should he replace Duke on the LW and Horny replace Verhaeghe? Drop Verhaeghe and Duke down to the 2nd line and see how they do with Huby.

Have to do something to get these guys going.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Great game by Bob tonight ! Maybe he plays better without the pressure of being the official N°1 goalie ? Connauton made his presence felt, which is a good sign in terms of defensive depth. Any word on how long Gudas will be out for ?

IMHO this game was the perfect example of how much Dallas is a very average/mediocre team when their goalies aren't playing insanely well and completely bailing them out.

Connauton was a shrewd pickup. A guy who was a regular as recently as a couple years ago. Not many teams have a #9 as good as Connauton.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019

Verhaeghe and Duclair haven't scored in a while. Verhaeghe had a hot start and Duke only has 2 goals so far.

Vatrano has 5 goals, 2 less than Verhaeghe. Should he replace Duke on the LW and Horny replace Verhaeghe? Drop Verhaeghe and Duke down to the 2nd line and see how they do with Huby.

So with Verhaege at center ? He's listed as a C/W on eliteprospects, but how good is he really at center ? And face-off wise ?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Both of Duclair's goals have come in the last 8 games though, and Verhaeghe's SCF is top 25 in the league among forwards in those 8 games. There is probably reason to be a little patient, especially as long as we're winning. I would like to see Connolly instead of Duclair on that line, but it's nice to have options when things really stop working.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We had so many great chances in the 3rd before the flood gates opened. Ekblad's post, Barkov's shot missing the crossbar by an inch etc..

Was nice to see the team remain focused and hungry even after 53 minutes of good opportunities/prime scoring chances stopped by the Dallas goalie/"puck luck".

Can't say it due to a possible jinx, but man, it seems different this year.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad