Post-Game Talk: WE LIKE THE STOCK, I MEAN TEAM! Panthers score 3 in final 10 minutes to stun Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:stars

Hp9IdmJ.png
NjL11hS.png

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
5812.jpg

#29 Jake Oettinger
2-0-3 .910SV% 2.31GAA

:panthers

D4NzLMk.png

Untitled1.png

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
Sergei_Bobrovsky_G.gif

#72 Sergei Bobrovsky
5-2-1 .889SV% 3.18GAA

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think they have played terrific the past 2 games and if they play like that again they should be fine. Dallas hasn't announced a starter but with 50 games in 90 days and the amount of rubber Dobby has faced the past 2 games, I can't imagine it's not Oettinger.

Reactions: harv33173 and Vilam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I think they have played terrific the past 2 games and if they play like that again they should be fine. Dallas hasn't announced a starter but with 50 games in 90 days and the amount of rubber Dobby has faced the past 2 games, I can't imagine it's not Oettinger.
Dallas plays in March every other day the whole month. You can play Dobby tomorrow, then he has until Tuesday off.

:dunno:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
f***ing sick of these opposition goalies playing out of their mind against us. The last three games have been the same story. We need to bury more chances.

Reactions: harv33173

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Dropping 2 of 3 won't get us where we want to go. 3 of 4 sounds even worse. We've determined it's not the goalies, the defense, the coaching, the effort. It's all there. Only 4 losses to this point show that. But, how to get the chances finished when the opposing goalie is on? How to get our goalies to play shutout hockey nightly, or is that unreasonable? It's difficult when reacting game by game. The bigger picture, this season will only be measured successful if we make the playoffs and win a round. This start will help that. An identity is there. Keep winning. It's all I can say.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well, I completely missed the debacle on Wednesday and after seeing the score I'm not going to watch the replay.

I did see that Khubdobin was in net again and this time he had a shutout. Let's hope that the backup goalie, Oettinger, doesn't follow suit.

Team hasn't lost two in a row this season so 4-2 Panthers.
It wasn't a debacle, the GDT doesn't match the tone of the game at all lol, Florida destroyed them but just got outgoalied. They play like that every game they'd win the Cup lol, it was domination.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We haven’t lost a series yet this season...better not start now

This is Bob’s time to reclaim his net. I hope we switch out Hinny for Tippett. I wouldn’t mind us trying Huby Barky Tippett as a change up line!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

What’s cool about this stat is that Gudas doesn’t take himself out of the play nearly as much as he used to when he hits. When he was with the Bolts, it would be so annoying how he’d go for a big massive hit and leave a huge defensive hole behind. Definitely has improved his positioning/timing. Also doesn’t take nearly as many stupid penalties. An excellent signing!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
f***ing sick of these opposition goalies playing out of their mind against us. The last three games have been the same story. We need to bury more chances.

We need more / faster cross ice plays to get goals. Most of our shots are just directly at the goalies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We need more / faster cross ice plays to get goals. Most of our shots are just directly at the goalies.

There's probably like three guys who can one-time, everyone else needs couple of seconds to set it up for a shot. Again goes back to the lack of proven goal scorers aka guys who don't need a wide open net to score.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
We haven’t lost a series yet this season...better not start now

This is Bob’s time to reclaim his net. I hope we switch out Hinny for Tippett. I wouldn’t mind us trying Huby Barky Tippett as a change up line!

I hreally hope Acciari is ready to go and back soon...I'd play him as RW on L4, leaving Lamm and Lomberg as is...he's missed badly on the PK , and for DZ faceoffs.

Also, I'd bring back Tipp and rotate him with Connolly at RW on L 3 based on performance...and occasionally switch up either with Duke to change up the look. I think it would be interesting to see how Tipp would look, given a chance to be paired with Barkov.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What a beast and great acquisition!!

Ya its tough to decide who's been better out of him and Horny so far. Both have excelled in their roles.

What’s cool about this stat is that Gudas doesn’t take himself out of the play nearly as much as he used to when he hits. When he was with the Bolts, it would be so annoying how he’d go for a big massive hit and leave a huge defensive hole behind. Definitely has improved his positioning/timing. Also doesn’t take nearly as many stupid penalties. An excellent signing!

Ya sounds like a bit of maturity and game experience has done him well. Have seen those types of comments about him in the past and think he took out one of our players back in the day being a wild man.

He seems like a big kid personality wise but can switch it to game mode very quickly.
I'm really curious to see a Stillman-Gudas bottom pair, they would both be very physical on that line but Stillman could learn a lot from Gudas.

Dudes a machine.
The Czech machine? :sarcasm:
I'll see myself out.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I can't believe how he's played. I could be wrong, but this looks like the best season of his career to date.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Need to win today because its obvious at this point we don't win at 5pm or with the damn Navy jersey, so Saturday has me already disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad