We have to fix the neutral zone

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Teams with a heavy forecheck and tighter gaps are giving us fits. As teams got some tape on us from early on, it seems that this is the strategy to offset our puck possession style play. We were awful last night getting the puck up ice. I've noticed that neither our positioning nor our passing is good enough to break the press and create quality chances.

Once again we settled for dump and chase. This needs to be addressed. Thoughts?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yep, definitely noticed how successful the teams are that clog the NZ on us.

A notable change from the Peters regime is how weak our zone exits (flip the puck up the boards) and entries (rarely carried) look now. It doesn't feel like we have many controllable instances on both fronts. Any of you fancy staters have that type of data handy?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I mean, duh.

Everyone on the team says as much with every single interview. "We're a forechecking team, we've got to get the puck behind them and pressure them."

I guess they don't carry the puck through the neutral zone because that increases turnover risk, and they'd rather get it deep. Fine. It's a valid strategy.

And besides, it's not like Slavin didn't connect on like ten long breakout passes in the last couple of games, and somehow we still got zero goals from them.

I don't f***ing know. This f***ing team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad