We have the NHL Regular Season Championship Belt

gavin246

Nov 9, 2013
Not sure how close everyone pays attention to the NBA but this concept of an NBA Regular Season Belt has been picking up steam on Reddit and Bill Simmon's Grantland site. For more information read this:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...cing-the-nba-regular-season-championship-belt

Basically the Blackhawks started the year with the championship belt and when they lose a regular season game it gets transferred to the team that beat them and so on. SB Nation took the concept and applied it to the NHL:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/11/1/5056132/nhl-championship-belt-2013

At the time the article was published on November 1st the Avalanche had the belt. They were beaten Nashville and then...as of last night...the Jets have the belt!

First title defense tomorrow against San Jose!

kasps

Oct 14, 2013
Players don't even touch the conference championship after winning it. Patting themselves on the back after a win or two probably wouldn't fly!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I love this! It's a fun thing to kind of keep us occupied through the grind of the season. I'm not sure why people would turn their nose up at it... this is after all sports and sports are supposed to be fun and be entertaining.

I would love if this actually became a thing in the NHL and players got into it. I think it would be a fun distration for them as well!

WINNIPEG JETS: Current NHL Regular Season Championship Belt holders!!!! :yo:

gavin246

Nov 9, 2013
Eric Tangradi posted a Halloween picture of himself dressed up as the Undertaker....I can see an epic Game Day Thread of the Jets dressed as classic 80's WWF wrestlers with.....the belt

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I love this! It's a fun thing to kind of keep us occupied through the grind of the season. I'm not sure why people would turn their nose up at it... this is after all sports and sports are supposed to be fun and be entertaining.

I would love if this actually became a thing in the NHL and players got into it. I think it would be a fun distration for them as well!

WINNIPEG JETS: Current NHL Regular Season Championship Belt holders!!!! :yo:

No! Hockey is serious business!

You have stated what I tried to say more better.

Professional sports are for entertainment and if following a meaningless "belt" around the league entertains people then so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->