GDT: we have a game in less than 2hours

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, I guess the good news is I didn't think there was a lack of effort from where I sat in Verizon. And Cam kept us in it longer than we deserved, before taking us out of it a bit with that second goal.

The bad news is the Canes forgot how to hockey pretty much the entire game.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Mcginn has been one of the only players to finish his checks consistently, other than nestrasil. This team rarely stands up for itself. It's sad and borderline cowardly, but that's how we've been for years.

Too many turnovers all game in our own end, by some of our best players. Ward played out of his mind. Skinner gets rid of his goose egg. Some positives, but mostly a forgettable night. Im hoping to catch this hot mess in person Wednesday night.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That's not the way this game works. You don't stand up for each other when it's easy or convenient.

There was a decidedly soft crew on the ice for that play. Murphy, Hanifin, Nestrasil, and maybe Rask? Not exactly the most intimidating folks.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I was hoping Hanifin would use that as an opportunity to get his hands a little dirty, but it was Nestrasil that looked back at Versteeg hunched over and didn't do shit.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
There was a decidedly soft crew on the ice for that play. Murphy, Hanifin, Nestrasil, and maybe Rask? Not exactly the most intimidating folks.

We've had a soft crew now for about 15 years...

The guys actually did a pretty good job of shutting Ovechkin down (save the turnover goal). He had some golden chances that were thwarted by good back checking. Not that it really mattered/matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad