Speculation: We get Dahlin [Mod edit]

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That title :laugh:

we still need to add to cover the development years of Guhle/Dahlin, who both have silent Hs in the middle of their last names. We need a vet with a 2 or 3 year contract to ensure that there's not too much pressure on them. Bogosian would be perfect if he could still play well (he definitely can't).

Last edited:

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Bogo's been playing injured this whole year, i wouldn't be surprised if he comes back next season ready to play as a serviceable # 4-5

#BounceBackBoGo

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ideally you start him on the third pair with a vet, and have 2 pairs eating minutes ahead of him.

And if we get dahlin, I’m also a proponent of letting guhle get top pair minutes in Rochester for another year.

Reactions: sufferer

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Don't kid yourself, Bogosian, if not traded this summer, is going to be a middle pairingstaple until he gets injured again. Who knows, maybe this last surgery finally fixed whatever the hell its been. Also, Fedun is still signed and McCabe/Beaulieu aren't going anywhere, though I think this coach would bury them if others earn the role.

Dahlin-Ristolainen
Scandella-Bogosian
Beaulieu-McCabe
Guhle-Antipin
Fedun-Nelson

Nelson ain't that good and Antipin has been getting benched quite often, I'm not sure either of the two are even a lock to get new contracts.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Ideally you start him on the third pair with a vet, and have 2 pairs eating minutes ahead of him.

And if we get dahlin, I’m also a proponent of letting guhle get top pair minutes in Rochester for another year.

It's nice to hear about what ideally would be done. But what about the Sabres? :)

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't kid yourself, Bogosian, if not traded this summer, is going to be a middle pairingstaple until he gets injured again. Who knows, maybe this last surgery finally fixed whatever the hell its been. Also, Fedun is still signed and McCabe/Beaulieu aren't going anywhere, though I think this coach would bury them if others earn the role.

Dahlin-Ristolainen
Scandella-Bogosian
Beaulieu-McCabe
Guhle-Antipin
Fedun-Nelson

Nelson ain't that good and Antipin has been getting benched quite often, I'm not sure either of the two are even a lock to get new contracts.

So we’re stuck with our crap just because, antipin isn’t top 6, and dahlin is ready for top pair?

I disagree with all of this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:facepalm:

Why do they deserve a player someone can’t take 30 seconds to look up the proper spelling of their last name?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So we’re stuck with our crap just because, antipin isn’t top 6, and dahlin is ready for top pair?

I disagree with all of this.

There's 4-5 UFA defenseman we could sign, and off course I'd like to add, but we'll have to choose some trash to stuff. Bogosian isn't going to go unless he's in some sort of hockey trade is the main point I'm trying to make. Just because you see Nelson every night right now doesn't mean he's sticking around - there's 4 guys injured that are the main cause for him getting minutes.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Bogo would still find a way to disappoint, even penciled in as a #7.

Getting Dahlin would be nice, but what sort of development does he need? It's not like we have a top 2 that can handle the difficult minutes. Getting the #1 overall pick and then ruining him because we don't have the support in place at the NHL level would be enough for me to switch teams.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
There's 4-5 UFA defenseman we could sign, and off course I'd like to add, but we'll have to choose some trash to stuff. Bogosian isn't going to go unless he's in some sort of hockey trade is the main point I'm trying to make. Just because you see Nelson every night right now doesn't mean he's sticking around - there's 4 guys injured that are the main cause for him getting minutes.

I didn’t mention Nelson. To me he’s still a project, and not fully in the top 6 yet.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There's still be a glaring hole at RD behind Risto. Sign Pateryn though and I'd really be digging our corp.

Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Pateryn
Guhle/Nelson/Antipin

Jettison Beaulieu, McCabe, and Bogosian to the sun

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Can't we just roll this thread in to roster speculation? We already got enough buffaluck working against us in the lottery, last thing we need is a jinx thread on top of it.

Reactions: brian_griffin

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Bogo's been playing injured this whole time as a sabre, i wouldn't be surprised if he comes back next season ready to play as a serviceable # 4-5

#BounceBackBoGo

I fixed it for you. Bogo will probably finish his contract here. Who would want him?

If We get Dahlin he will step in as a top 6 first 40 games and top 4 after that.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Bogo's been playing injured this whole year, i wouldn't be surprised if he comes back next season ready to play as a serviceable # 4-5

#BounceBackBoGo

If someone found a screen cap of this post in a bottle without a date they’d have an awfully hard time pinpointing the year.

If we got Dahlin I would squeal like a little school girl. We would have a (maybe THE) d prospect that fits the elite, modern, NHL defenseman. I am sure nobody would be happier than Housley.

He immediately fixes our problems on D. Sure, there will be some development bumps but I’d rather see someone like Dahlin make a mistake over Josh Gorges.

I still think that Buffalo would be in the market to make another move for a defenseman, especially one like Scandella (a couple years on a moderate contract).

A roster of

Risto/Scandella/Dahlin/Guhle/McCabe/Bogo/Antipin May actually be able to do something. Making a move for a higher quality defenseman (McCabe might be someone we could move in a deal) could make us have at least an average defense. It would definitely give us the option to left Guhle marinate another year in roch

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
the fact that anyone thinks Bogo or Beaulieu even deserve a spot in the top 6 is hilarious. Find a way to get rid of both of these 2 in the offseason PLEASE. McCabe's the only one with a real chance to turn it around. Give a team with cap room some late picks in order to get rid of Bogo's contract and be done with it.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
the fact that anyone thinks Bogo or Beaulieu even deserve a spot in the top 6 is hilarious. Find a way to get rid of both of these 2 in the offseason PLEASE. McCabe's the only one with a real chance to turn it around. Give a team with cap room some late picks in order to get rid of Bogo's contract and be done with it.

I can live with Beaulieu as the 6-7. He just has to be with a far better partner, who knows to watch out for his bullshit.

If good Nelson would come back they might make an ok third pair.

God this team needs an offensive Scandella.

Don’t worry Dahlin is definitely coming to us. Have faith Comrades!

#fatlottoluck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad