Pre-Game Talk: We get Buffaloed on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This is a telling game for me, this team is on a bad streak after a strong start again. A loss to the Sabres at home and the Cinderella Story will be officially over. I hear the 2019 model tanks are in dealer's showrooms next week.

Seriously, we can't lose this or else all hell will break loose, if it already hasn't.

Reactions: Rapala and Forum93

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have not lost back to back games yet this year. We are on a 9 game Lose/Win roller coaster ride with the last game being a lost. If we lose two in a row, it happens. I just see us being middle of the pack all year and it's annoying.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I find we don't match up well against Buffalo (sample size is one game, and we barely lost it, but we got outplayed pretty bad all night). Might be our first back-to-back loss of the season.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Meh every team in the league will win or lose a couple in a row. Been down this street many tines

Reactions: Deebs

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
For f*** sakes, don't be useless Buffalo and win in regulation and don't dive to get it, either.

Though if you're doing to dive and if ensures a regulation win for you, then I might be fine with it.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Although I think I need some good crow pie recipes for that Domi trade, Looks like that might be the next "Paul Byron" trade for good old marc. Broken clock is right twice a day, Lord B and Domi????
Except he didn't trade for Byron, picked him up from the trash heap. :laugh:

Reactions: Tank Toad

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
hopfully we learned a lesson from the last time we played them and win this one.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I still consider this season as a 82-game training camp for next season. This is not a playoff team, even if it is more entertaining than last year

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why u guys wanna lose so badly? Let the young players develop. That's more important than finishing 4th to last or 8th to last. If we win, our future core gains confidence.
I dont mind a loss, I'm a pro tanker, but if we do lose at least we should play a strong game.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why u guys wanna lose so badly? Let the young players develop. That's more important than finishing 4th to last or 8th to last. If we win, our future core gains confidence.
I dont mind a loss, I'm a pro tanker, but if we do lose at least we should play a strong game.

At the very least establish a norm for what is acceptable and what is not for ALL our players.

Reactions: Legend123

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There's 10 teams out of 16 in our Association that are between 15 and 18 points right now.
Including the Habs who have 18 points with Benn and Petry on their top pairing.

If there's anyone who thought and still think this team is supposed to have more points at this stage of the season is nuts. There's only two teams in the East with more than 18 points right now. That's it.

Habs are still a teams full of holes and with probably the 28th or 29th worst defensive squad in the NHL without Weber. Still Habs are at the top of 10 teams middle pack.

As long as the Habs don't go on a streak of games without any points, they should stay in that middle pack until Weber's return....which will change a lot of things for the Habs.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Help yourself.
78008f852700bc859efc5bf2d0497b62.jpg

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
This is a telling game for me, this team is on a bad streak after a strong start again. A loss to the Sabres at home and the Cinderella Story will be officially over. I hear the 2019 model tanks are in dealer's showrooms next week.

Seriously, we can't lose this or else all hell will break loose, if it already hasn't.

It is for me too but for another reason, from is post game interview i think CP knows he should have stop those 2 goals in the 3rd last night and that his overall performance since the start of the season is not up to par, it will be very interesting to see how he bounce back from it

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Paul Byron has been officially placed on IR, freeing up a roster spot for a call up. There is a good chance it'll be Kenny Agostino.

He's Laval's top scorer and was skating with the healthy scratches during the morning skate today.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Young players to develop who?

Goalies = Carey Price and Niemi (none)
Dsquad = Weber , Petry , Schlemko , Benn , Alzner , Reilly , Ouellet , Mete and Juulsen ( Only Mete and Juulsen)
Forwards = Plekanec , Byron , Drouin , Tatar , Shaw , Gallagher , Domi , Danault , Armia , Peca , Deslauriers , Kotkaniemi , Scherbak , Lekhonen and Hudon ( Kotkaniemi and Scherbak)

We have 4 players to develop , 1 also looks like a bust in Scherbak.
I love Kotkaniemi but its not by playing 3rd line and have 0 PP time that it will make me want to habs to winout
Juulsen and Mete are still learning but yeah been hard for them lately.
Rest of the team are all 23y+ , there is nothing else to watch in this team.

Hard to play a strong game when ur only D-man that can play Top 4 in ur entire team is Petry (Since Weber is injured).

The only reason why we are doing ''okay'' its because Tatar Domi and Gallagher been playing above their skill gap. When those 3 cooldowns this will be painful to watch.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Young players to develop who?

Goalies = Carey Price and Niemi (none)
Dsquad = Weber , Petry , Schlemko , Benn , Alzner , Reilly , Ouellet , Mete and Juulsen ( Only Mete and Juulsen)
Forwards = Plekanec , Byron , Drouin , Tatar , Shaw , Gallagher , Domi , Danault , Armia , Peca , Deslauriers , Kotkaniemi , Scherbak , Lekhonen and Hudon ( Kotkaniemi and Scherbak)

We have 4 players to develop , 1 also looks like a bust in Scherbak.
I love Kotkaniemi but its not by playing 3rd line and have 0 PP time that it will make me want to habs to winout
Juulsen and Mete are still learning but yeah been hard for them lately.
Rest of the team are all 23y+ , there is nothing else to watch in this team.

Hard to play a strong game when ur only D-man that can play Top 4 in ur entire team is Petry (Since Weber is injured).

The only reason why we are doing ''okay'' its because Tatar Domi and Gallagher been playing above their skill gap. When those 3 cooldowns this will be painful to watch.
Lol ok bud
Drouin, Domi, Juulsen, Mete, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, hell even Gallagher, Danault, Armia, Rielly are still young players. Tatar is increasing his value. So is Petry.
Hudon, Scherback both suck. Idc about them.
Then when Brook, Poehling and Suzuki come over, we need to surround them in a winning environment not a losing one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

A loss would certainly be concerning on home ice given our divisional record.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Paul Byron has been officially placed on IR, freeing up a roster spot for a call up. There is a good chance it'll be Kenny Agostino.

He's Laval's top scorer and was skating with the healthy scratches during the morning skate today.

forgot about Scherbak? still a few days left, I believe he got to get called first

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I still consider this season as a 82-game training camp for next season. This is not a playoff team, even if it is more entertaining than last year

I don't like this method of thinking. You can't burn a year as a training year for next year.

Its ludicrous.

Things change year by year. Players have good years and bad years. Dynamics change, other teams change. We have a few guys playing really well right now, and our best defenseman about to return.

You play to win every game, every year. Then you learn from the result. It's never a practise.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I don't like this method of thinking. You can't burn a year as a training year for next year.

Its ludicrous.

Things change year by year. Players have good years and bad years. Dynamics change, other teams change. We have a few guys playing really well right now, and our best defenseman about to return.

You play to win every game, every year. Then you learn from the result. It's never a practise.

If I were a member of the Habs, this way of thinking would be ludicrous indeed. But I am a fan and as a fan, what I see on the ice is an interesting team, yes, but not strong enough to compete for playoffs. I am however confident that next year would be a stronger team, with some more addition and more experience from kids like KK. So for me, anything happning this season doesn't matter anymore than in training camp, except to identify the core of the team you want going forward.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Lol ok bud
Drouin, Domi, Juulsen, Mete, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, hell even Gallagher, Danault, Armia, Rielly are still young players. Tatar is increasing his value. So is Petry.
Hudon, Scherback both suck. Idc about them.
Then when Brook, Poehling and Suzuki come over, we need to surround them in a winning environment not a losing one.

''lol ok bud''
you are going away from ur initial point who was let ''young player develop'' Since we you were talking about ''why everyone wants to lose and draft top5''.

Yet u name 3 players who are not even with the habs in Brook , Poehling and Suzuki. What does this make any sense with the habs losing right now? They are not even in the god damn club.

Also im sorry but ''finishing 20th/31th instead of 28/31th'' wont change the confidence of anyone that make 0 sense.

I love the fact that u put Gallagher in the ''youngsters'' hes almost 27 y olds and hes capped in term of skills .
Also Drouin and Domi at their age they are pretty much capped.
Also Danault will be 26 y olds and hes a 3rd liner at best in the NHL , Hes by default top 6 because we suck at this position , also because Clode wont let Kotkaniemi play with a real top 6.
Bullshit also with Armia and Reilly both depth player , im so tired to hear 26 year olds player are still not fully develop makes 0 god damn sense.

This team in term of skill gap and talent is pretty much capped on whos on the lineup right now except for Kotka , Mete and Juulsen. Rest of them wont be better than what they are right now. There is a reason why we are a bottom tier team. If we were to play ''the youngsters'' we would trade some garbage like Benn,Shaw ETC.... and let Scherbak and more young players to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->