Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Considering the Marlins decided not to do this when a giant swath of their team tested positive, I have my doubts many will take that route.

Don't disagree. Maybe the Marlins players are still "in shock" so to speak that it may take a few days for it to sink in. But I can only imagine what a guy like Trout is thinking, who had reservations of the season in the first place.

MLB effectively turning a blind eye to the situation seems pretty negligent, however.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I fully expected the MLB season to blow up and not be completed due to COVID and all the travelling that the teams were going to partake in. But did I expect it to not even be a week before it looked like the whole thing was going to collapse? No chance.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I fully expected the MLB season to blow up and not be completed due to COVID and all the travelling that the teams were going to partake in. But did I expect it to not even be a week before it looked like the whole thing was going to collapse? No chance.
If they can make it through the next week I think they have a fighting chance to complete the season. At the very least this emphasizes the seriousness of the situation and shows the drastic measures every team has to take.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
If they can make it through the next week I think they have a fighting chance to complete the season. At the very least this emphasizes the seriousness of the situation and shows the drastic measures every team has to take.

Curious why making it through next week is the key in your mind? And how it's different than 4 to 6 weeks from now let's say.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
European soccer was successful so mlb can succeed if idiot decisions aren’t made from the top down...

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Say what you want about Bettman, the NHL has handled the virus infinitely better than the MLB. Hub cities and a bubble were a must for pro sports during this. They even managed to extend the CBA long term lol

OK, sure. As a "pandemic manager", Bettman is better. As a pro sports commissioner, a school janitor could do a better job marketing the game than Bettman.

To quote Pat McAfee: "Great sport, shitty league"

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
OK, sure. As a "pandemic manager", Bettman is better. As a pro sports commissioner, a school janitor could do a better job marketing the game than Bettman.

To quote Pat McAfee: "Great sport, f***ing shitty league"
They must be doing something right seeing how revenues have skyrocketed under Bettman and they signed a massive TV contract with NBC. They're flawed but so are all North american Pro-Sports leagues.

Reactions: flying v 604

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

To quote Pat McAfee: "Great sport, shitty league"

That's on the culture of the sport, not the commissioner.

Its not Bettman's fault that the media falls over themselves to publicly flog any player that shows a semblance of a personality.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Curious why making it through next week is the key in your mind? And how it's different than 4 to 6 weeks from now let's say.
Overcoming the Miami results and potential Phillies results is obviously step 1. If they botch this it's all over.
If they get through this, there's a fighting chance.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
European soccer was successful so mlb can succeed if idiot decisions aren’t made from the top down...
One big difference is geography; soccer in Europe and baseball in USA. One area has covid relatively under control........

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Manfred seems to have taken the same attitude as the White House and a sizeable portion of the American population:

“If they get it, they get it.”

This won’t end well.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad