Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Season is going to be cancelled. Players have already started to opt out as more games are postponed. They botched the re-start by not having a bubble. Only a matter of time at this point but I fully expect the season to be officially ended by Monday.

Reactions: hoglund

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
What would it take for the season to be cancelled? Serious question. This could be two teams completely shut down.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I assume we will get the 5th overall pick in the draft when this season is tossed in the can?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Damn. Just means more cooking from gramma and extra time off for Vladdy. Next season we are going to see our own Sandoval.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
No way they’ll do that. They won’t just do the same order as this year.

How will they do it?

This season really shouldn't count for anything, it will be cancelled soon with no result - would be crazy if they base it on this years standings in any way imo. The Marlins and Phillies have only played 3 games and likely won't play again.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
How will they do it?

This season really shouldn't count for anything, it will be cancelled soon with no result - would be crazy if they base it on this years standings in any way imo. The Marlins and Phillies have only played 3 games and likely won't play again.
3 year average

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Hopefully I’m wrong. Just frustrated with his lack of conditioning. He doesn’t seem fully committed and his at bats and fielding show that.
Luckily we haven't banked on 1 or 2 players making it to be successful. Now that he's moved off 3B he has to hit to be of value or we could see someone like Teoscar moved there in his place.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That would make more sense than just using this year which is a way too small sample size. It's sad that baseball will probably be done by Monday, I was looking forward to it so much.

At least you have hockey and basketball... As long as the Leafs and Raptors play to their expectations.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It was fun while it lasted.

Just a thought...if MLB was to shut down for 2-3 weeks to weed out all the positive cases throughout the league and restart in late August in 4-5 hub cities playing games around the clock, they could theoretically finish the season.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
It was fun while it lasted.

Just a thought...if MLB was to shut down for 2-3 weeks to weed out all the positive cases throughout the league and restart in late August in 4-5 hub cities playing games around the clock, they could theoretically finish the season.

That would take an extraordinary amount of cooperation between owners and players. I think that ship has sailed. This is the sink or swim method for the MLB.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The season is pretty much on it's last legs. It was still fun. The tension, the heartbreaks, the last out of a game, everything.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
stupid owners and players. Greed during a pandemic has screwed baseball this year.

Playing ball this year was so simple but players and owners couldn't put their differences aside to get the game going again.

The simple solution was 3 bubbles. AL/NL East play in NY at Yankee and Cite field. AL/NL Central in Chicago at the 2 fields. AL/NL West in LA at the 2 fields or in SF/OAK.

A very simple solution play a game at noon, game at 4 pm, and a game at 8 pm. Teams would go to a neutral site somewhere in each city to hit BP.

Playoffs could all be played in any of those bubble cities.

Too bad billionaire owners and millionaire players agree to get the game going safely for the fans who really needed to watch some live sports

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Here is the world's smallest violin.

f*** Osuna, the only "downer" is that he's still in the league. I still can't believe we traded toxic nuclear waste and somehow got Giles out of it.

Reactions: ronzigato

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Hopefully I’m wrong. Just frustrated with his lack of conditioning. He doesn’t seem fully committed and his at bats and fielding show that.

I thought they were reporting in the off season he went on some crazy conditioning program and lost a bunch of weight?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I thought they were reporting in the off season he went on some crazy conditioning program and lost a bunch of weight?

It sounds like he did and was in decent shape in spring training but then balooned up during the lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->