Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again... now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As far as I know the Senators are going to tender Karlsson an offer on July 1st. If he doesn't take it then.... well. Screw it I'm using a gif

giphy.gif

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
So Domingue is the backup? Budaj was a trainwreck last year, he was the main reason we had to overplay Vasy for most of the year.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Andreoff plays a heavy game.

from Hockey's Future:
Andreoff makes his living as an agitating and high-energy presence on the ice. He is not at all afraid to throw the body, get in the face of the opponent, and stand up for his teammates. What separates Andreoff from other grinders and agitators is his solid two-way game. He can kill penalties, take a defensive zone draw, and even chip in on an occasional powerplay. He has more skill than your average grinder, with just as much tenacity.
Hockey's Future - Andy Andreoff

Sports Forecaster:
Assets:
Has pretty good size and he loves to use it. A physical forward, he also displays solid two-way acumen. Provides energy as a bottom-six forward and is adept at agitating opponents.
Flaws:
Needs to prove himself against bigger, tougher competition on a more game-to-game basis. Also, his offensive game is somewhat limited at the National Hockey League level.
Career Potential:
Versatile, agitating depth forward.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The Hockey News

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This feels like a quasi AHL move. I'm not convinced either guy will be in the NHL full time next year.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That was the most captain obvious thing I've ever read. He basically broke down what each player did or is and said nothing riveting we don't know.

Maybe I should apply to write for them. Damn. What an easy article.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Something finally happened!
I really don't know Andreoff...but, seeing the stats, I'm not sure he'll play with us next season.
Maybe he'll put in some trade again...
Btw, it was evident that the chapter of Budaj, in Tampa, had to be ended. I mean: with Domingue, Budaj would have represented the third goalie...
So, it's better to him also to change team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Doesn't feel realistic to acquire Karlsson. We have no A-grade prospect, no first in the upcoming draft. Unless you're comfortable with giving up Brayden Point, I don't think we can make it happen. I don't think we can afford to lose Point.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think the only way we kick the tires is with Howden and Foote. Seeing as we didn't want to move Foote and Howden is gone, I don't think we really have anything we can afford to give up that doesn't set us back. Trading McDonagh is highly unlikely and moving Point and/or Sergachev would be highly idiotic moves.

If I'm Karlsson, I go to Vegas. Adding him and possibly a highly skilled forward in the next 1-2 offseasons is going to put them over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad