"We did a ****ing great job." - Jonathan Toews

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Toews will definitely win a stanley cup in his career, great leader and all around player, plus he's clutch. I didn't realize how awesome he was until this tournament. He's the next great Canadian leader/clutch player along the lines of Sakic and Yzerman (although he won't put up nearly as many points).

Furiousz Czerkawski

May 15, 2004
Oh, someone please YouTube this! I'm writing an article right now, and I want to throw it in, but I want the exact quote.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard this either. I thought my brain had lapsed for a moment, or something.

What a ****ing great quote! :biglaugh:

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Towes is Ryan Smyth with Sakic's shot...what a player, never thought you could steal a guy at the third selection, but I think Chicago might have.

Yeah Eric Johnson got top defenseman, but I don't think he was all that good defensively. Staal was insane, best junior defenseman I've ever seen. Lucky Rangers fans.

BloodOnIce

Dec 10, 2006
Canada
Towes is Ryan Smyth.
That's a ****ing insult if I've ever seen one.

Perhaps if all Toews did was stand infront of the net and wait for puck to bounce off him you'd be on to something. But infact, he's a dynamic player that has absolutely nothing in common with the mullet, and has the potential to be a whole hell of a lot more.

Sethis

May 9, 2004
That's a ****ing insult if I've ever seen one.

Perhaps if all Toews did was stand infront of the net and wait for puck to bounce off him you'd be on to something. But infact, he's a dynamic player that has absolutely nothing in common with the mullet, and has the potential to be a whole hell of a lot more.

Check who's got the best goal-per-game ratio in the league right now buddy, it ain't much of an insult. Toews is absolutely insane though, waaaay better than I thought going into the tourney.

I seriously thought I didn't hear him right and I just disregarded it, when I saw this thread I laughed very, very hard. I'm glad he said it, I really am. Hockey players ain't too exciting in interviews, when this kinda thing happens after a great game for a Canadian team... well, it makes for one happy Sethis.

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
the way he said it so matter of factly, and considering all the emotion flowing through, it's probable that the switch in his brain didn't trigger from 'talking to the guys' to giving an interview... awesome moment.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
I thought he said it but I didn't think a guy that composed would have acutally said it, funny nonetheless.

BloodOnIce

Dec 10, 2006
Canada
Check who's got the best goal-per-game ratio in the league right now buddy, it ain't much of an insult.

MAXIM LAPIERRE??

Perhaps I need to re-iterate.
Smyth cannot skate; he looks like he's got a popsicle stick shoved up his *** when he tries to move down the ice. He has cement hands; how many times has he been beaten by the shear size of the net while 1-on-1 with the goalie?! He has no defensive awareness other than "get off the ice so the other, better, 'Smith' can get on the ice... but wait until it's too late" (ie. the +3 rating).
The only thing he has is a beaten up face and bruised shins from pucks deflecting off him infront of the net.
I've watched this guy at the past 64 IIHF WHC and every freaking time, though it's noble he choses to show up, I shake my head. He's an embarassment to Team Canada. Ask Jiri Fischer about that one.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
MAXIM LAPIERRE??

Perhaps I need to re-iterate.
Smyth cannot skate; he looks like he's got a popsicle stick shoved up his *** when he tries to move down the ice. He has cement hands; how many times has he been beaten by the shear size of the net while 1-on-1 with the goalie?! He has no defensive awareness other than "get off the ice so the other, better, 'Smith' can get on the ice... but wait until it's too late" (ie. the +3 rating).
The only thing he has is a beaten up face and bruised shins from pucks deflecting off him infront of the net.
I've watched this guy at the past 64 IIHF WHC and every freaking time, though it's noble he choses to show up, I shake my head. He's an embarassment to Team Canada. Ask Jiri Fischer about that one.

0.7 goals per game, with the next best St. Louis at 0.63 then Havlat then Ovy....not bad for a guy with cement hands.

JRock

Apr 4, 2005
Spruce Grove, AB
Toews!

hahaha...The heat of the moment....Hey if a f-bomb happens, it happens! Way to go boys. Here is my team canada world championship banner
championswallpaper.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->