We can't let Da Costa go

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Da Costa will be given at least 20-30 games to begin the season and that was the plan from the start. By December we'll see where he belongs.
BM didn't sign him to 1 way contract just to waive him right away.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Da Costa will be given at least 20-30 games to begin the season and that was the plan from the start. By December we'll see where he belongs.
BM didn't sign him to 1 way contract just to waive him right away.

BM didn't sign him to a 1-way contract... at all.

He's on a 2-way. $825k NHL salary, $90k AHL salary.

John Holmes*

I have to say I am happy that Da Costa is making it tough for the Sens to send him down, ditto for Pageau and Conacher, but the lack of size does concern me a little.

If a player can play, I want him regardless of his size.

Would any team pass on the chance to add Steve Sullivan, Daniel Briere and Martin St. Louis if they could?

These are the thoughts that keep me awake at night.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I have to say I am happy that Da Costa is making it tough for the Sens to send him down, ditto for Pageau and Conacher, but the lack of size does concern me a little.

If a player can play, I want him regardless of his size.

Would any team pass on the chance to add Steve Sullivan, Daniel Briere and Martin St. Louis if they could?

These are the thoughts that keep me awake at night.

We do not want to know what keeps you awake at night...

source

Jul 13, 2008
BM didn't sign him to a 1-way contract... at all.

He's on a 2-way. $825k NHL salary, $90k AHL salary.

It might be a good move to waive him in 1-2 weeks after teams have less roster flexibility. Melnyk won't be happy that O'Brien cleared.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol at page 6 of this thread

Now that's something you won't hear often from an italian guy.

hehehe true

Well, I was born in France, I live in Canada since 1991. My family name is Italian, my 2 grand fathers came to France from Milan and Sicily

I partly stopped considering myself Italian after the 2006 World Cup lol. I also stopped following soccer religiously since then, still pissed off about what happened. Particularly since I was a big Zidane fan and his sister (who Materazzi dissed) is married to my father's childhood friend

I think I'll have to see a shrink about this, eventually.

It might be a good move to waive him in 1-2 weeks after teams have less roster flexibility. Melnyk won't be happy that O'Brien cleared.

Ok apparently you don't believe in Da Costa, but he'd have to be really underwhelming in his first few games to be waived within 2 weeks. Won't happen IMO, ready to eat all the crow you can serve

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
lol at page 6 of this thread

hehehe true

Well, I was born in France, I live in Canada since 1991. My family name is Italian, my 2 grand fathers came to France from Milan and Sicily

I partly stopped considering myself Italian after the 2006 World Cup lol. I also stopped following soccer religiously since then, still pissed off about what happened. Particularly since I was a big Zidane fan and his sister (who Materazzi dissed) is married to my father's childhood friend

I think I'll have to see a shrink about this, eventually.

Ok apparently you don't believe in Da Costa, but he'd have to be really underwhelming in his first few games to be waived within 2 weeks. Won't happen IMO, ready to eat all the crow you can serve

I am the biggest Zizou fan in the world.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So... today was the deadline to waive guys for cap compliance.

I know we are WAY WAY FAR AWAY from needing to waive guys to get under the cap, but the fact that we didn't waive Da Costa today for re-assignment is probably a sign that he made the main roster?

source

Jul 13, 2008

With no injuries, I wouldn't be surprised.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The sooner BM can package a deal for Da Costa, Condra & JOb the better, just hope he can bring in a substantial player with that. The NYI have some interesting players that would be interesting in, Martin & Nelson.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The sooner BM can package a deal for Da Costa, Condra & JOb the better, just hope he can bring in a substantial player with that. The NYI have some interesting players that would be interesting in, Martin & Nelson.

I highly doubt the Isles would trade either of them.

Berserker*

I'm not sure that the Islanders would consider parting ways with Martin. But with the addition of Clutterbuck, I guess it could be a possibility.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

lol.

Give it up already.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick

Islander won't trade Nelson or Martin.

Also what did Condra do to you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad