Kulemin-Bozak-McClement
Brown-Steckel-Orr

When Lupul and MacArthur are back:

Lupul-Kadri-JVR
Frattin-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-Komarov
Brown-McClement-Orr

MacArthur really doesn't fit this team.

I know you say that Grabovski and Kessel play horrible together but this is a different year. This year Kessel has no chemistry with Bozak. Might as well change up the lines a little bit. It is possible to have a shutdown line.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Kadri Frattin
MacArthur Grabs Brown
Komarov McClemment Kulemin
McLaren Steckel Orr

Would be a way more effective shutdown line injuries or not.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-McClement
Brown-Steckel-Orr

Lupul-Kadri-JVR
Frattin-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-MacArthur
Brown-McClement-Orr

I know you say that Grabovski and Kessel play horrible together but this is a different year. This year Kessel has no chemistry with Bozak. Might as well change up the lines a little bit. It is possible to have a shutdown line.

Bozak is Kessel's problem. Friends or not this guy doesn't belong on the first line. He's not creating anything

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-McClement
Brown-Steckel-Orr

Lupul-Kadri-JVR
Frattin-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-Komarov
Brown-McClement-Orr

I agree break up the bozak/kessel pairing. I like frattin but he isn't skilled enough to be on the second line, would love to see him on the 3rd though.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think a Komarov -- Bozak -- Kulemin line could be successfully deployed as a checking unit..

- Bozak is excellent at face-offs which gives the Leafs puck possession and when your team has it the other team can't be creating scoring opportunities.

- Komarov is among the league in hitters which would keep any opponents line nervous and their heads up more concerned about avoiding contact that creating plays.

- Kulemin is big and strong and perhaps Leafs best 2-way forward, who can forecheck hard and control the puck and add the occasional goal making the unit not just a checking one.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
JVR Kadri Kessel---------Big man, playmaker, snipe
Lupul Grabbo Frattin-------Hard working secondary scoring
Komorov Bozak Kulemin------Checking one
Brown McClement McLaren-----Checking two

Both checking lines can skate, checking one with some offensive ability.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't know how all of us here at HFBoards get this and our coaching staff doesn't.

At this point, I just think the are heavily showcasing Kostka. I really think he's a top 4 D in the NHL, but not one that can play PP.

He's much better than Schenn was in his own zone but he's the same thing as putting Schenn on the PP. Terrible shot and no idea what to do with the puck.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
The big reason why Kadri is succeeding is because he plays against weaker opposition. Kadri is currently not ready to face Chara and other first pairings in the NHL.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I don't know how all of us here at HFBoards get this and our coaching staff doesn't.

At this point, I just think the are heavily showcasing Kostka. I really think he's a top 4 D in the NHL, but not one that can play PP.

He's much better than Schenn was in his own zone but he's the same thing as putting Schenn on the PP. Terrible shot and no idea what to do with the puck.

I agree with this. Kostka has been awesome so far, but I don't like the idea of having him on the PP at all.

If anything I'd put Kadri on the point and see what he can do, I remember he used to on London and was able to do a pretty sweet job of it. Maybe he could get Kessel going to with some of his terrific passes.

In terms of a shutdown line, I'd go with:

Komarov-Bozak-Mcclement

Side note, I'd like to see Frattin-Kadri-Kessel played for one game. We really need something to get Kessel going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->