Post-Game Talk: We Are The Ones (who haven't won yet) Phi 4 - NJ 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
so……ya……..looking forward to enjoying the game tonight (i mean the oilers game)

source.gif

Reactions: Bleedred and Oneiro

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Its so weird though. Parts of the Winnipeg game, we looked great. This game, passes didn't connect

What's Hynes record against AV? That's something I'd like to know

7-4-2 including tonight lol, we only really struggled against the Rangers Hynes' second year, and last year with Quinn there.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tell me how you'd love to hate me
Tell me how you'd love to care
Well I just want to shake us up
Let's mingle
And make it well
Come together now
Yeah let's gel

Reactions: johnny pierogi

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
The one game management thing I would criticize tonight was not getting fresh legs out there earlier on the 5 on 3. Palms, Bratt, Nico, Simmons, somebody for Subban should have gotten out there half way through.

Subban was gassed early on that 5 on 3 and we were falling over and bumping into each other trying to retrieve the puck in the neural zone and re enter and set up. We wasted a lot of the 5 on 3 that way. We needed fresh legs earlier to chase down those pucks and manage the ice.

On the players especially Gusev was that we were trying to be way too deliberate and perfect. Throw the puck around the perimeters if the perfect cross ice pass isn’t there.

Agreed.

It feels like the cross-ice pass was being forced way too much. I think Subban only had one touch in the offensive zone during the 5 on 3 because the forwards kept trying going for the cross-ice pass rather than going back to the point to reset. Need to utilize Subban's QB skills on the PP.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Some flyers fans have equated Hynes to
Hakstol. Should give you an indication of how bad he is lol.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
My sister's husban decided to place a bet for Red Wings in all of their regular season starts and see where he lands. I started a similar approach by placing €10 on Oilers after watching the highlights of this one :laugh:

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I remember Lou liked to give the team 10 games before making evaluations. My only concern is by game 10 this team might be too far gone. If you think I am over reacting, there is a statistic where most teams in playoffs position around Thanks Giving end up in the playoffs most of the time. 3 point games royally **** on teams trying to climb out from the bottom. Obviously, there is a chance (Blues), but not a good one.

Every level of this team is bad. The PK and PP are non existent. On 5v5 the Devils will have chances but even at 4-0 they didn’t look great, just opportunistic.( 6 GF-15GA) Should be 6-20+ if you count missed open nets. Yuck!

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
I personally think tomorrow should be the deadline (as far as his leash). They still have to find a coach so it will probably take some time.
Don't you think firing the coach after 3 games where your best players have struggled plus having a bunch of new faces is a little knee-jerk? I commend Shero for having the guts to bring some new faces in, but when I was reading threads here in the summer, it seemed like most people just assumed all the new players were gonna all be best-case scenarios. Goose had proved nothing, yet was paid as he has, Shero was the only gm willing to take on all of Subbans contract. Firing the coach now would look really desperate and would further complicate the gelling process IMO. Blaming the coach when your top 6 and top D have been underwhelming just seems like a cop-out Good players should be able to play in any number of systems. I think not bringing in an experienced goalie may be the biggest issue. Corey has always been fragile, mentally and physically. I still can't believe Kes banged his GF, tho he wasn't the only teammate that Kesler did that to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerfans

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m far from a Hynes supporter and couldn’t care less if he’s gone tomorrow. However, what happened to Nico, Hall and Palmieri. They’ve become non factors so far and they’re are top 3 players. Something has to give and some hard decisions have to be made, including moving some roster players. Think for the best, prepare for the worse.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
What’s with the ultra passive PK??

I’ve noticed for the past few seasons the PK is always super passive and sits back WAY more than other teams in the league or at least how teams play us. They always pressure us in the zone on the a PP and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad