GDT: We are playing the Lightning at hockey today

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Let's force the coaches to wear masks when none of their players are...right up until the point when they call a timeout and they need to scream directly into everybodies face, simultaneously- at that point they don't need them.

Reactions: Sigurd and Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Sit Skjei's ass for a game or two after this one. That was some piss poor play that lost the game for us.

As a team we are way too careless with the puck at times. Too many bad passes into bad spots on the ice. Tonight, it bit us. We're lucky it hadn't really done so beforehand.

Reimer was good enough tonight. Defensively, not our best game and offensively. we have to do more. Can't rely on the PP to be our only way of generating a goal.

Get em next time

Reactions: Sigurd and Wolfpuck

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I’m not into moral victories but the Bolts threw everything they had at us including the kitchen sink. I’m proud and encouraged our guys did not wither under the onslaught.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Tough to win when Aho and Dougie were actively horrible. Seabass looked like was breaking in skates that hasn’t been sharpened and Dougie continues to look like a stoned giant. And of course Sjkei decided that a behind the back no look pass to his own position on his side of the redline was a wise move leading to him scoring on Reimer himself.

and with all that they still couldn’t got a point at least thanks to Reimer and Fast.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Let's force the coaches to wear masks when none of their players are...right up until the point when they call a timeout and they need to scream directly into everybodies face, simultaneously- at that point they don't need them.
It doesn’t work like that.

It’s like boiling water. Sure, the best way to go is to keep your hands out of it all together. But if you dip your hand in for a fraction of a second that is way better than just leaving your hand in the pot.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m not into moral victories but the Bolts threw everything they had at us including the kitchen sink. I’m proud and encouraged our guys did not wither under the onslaught.
Yeah I'm not going to pat ourselves on the back for this one.

Tampa started throwing the body around tonight and it changed how we were able to play. The only times we really had any high danger chances around the net after they got physical was on the PP. Its the same recipe that has completely neutralized us the last 2 years in the playoffs. We need to still find a way to get pucks down low when the opponent wants to body us.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Sit Skjei's ass for a game or two after this one. That was some piss poor play that lost the game for us.

As a team we are way too careless with the puck at times. Too many bad passes into bad spots on the ice. Tonight, it bit us. We're lucky it hadn't really done so beforehand.

Reimer was good enough tonight. Defensively, not our best game and offensively. we have to do more. Can't rely on the PP to be our only way of generating a goal.

Get em next time

Yep. Gards in, Skjei out.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It doesn’t work like that.

It’s like boiling water. Sure, the best way to go is to keep your hands out of it all together. But if you dip your hand in for a fraction of a second that is way better than just leaving your hand in the pot.

If you want to use that analogy, Rod just fired the boiling water pot angrily into everyone's face. It took a little longer than a "fraction of a second", but you get the gist.

Having the coaches wear them has become a performative charade, like much of the mask wearing I see. If you are going to wear one, wear a real one and don't f*** around and pull it down all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad