WWE: WE ARE N X T 2.0: Who are these people?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Takeover is in the books. Getting rave reviews. Some MOTY candidates... but we are back to some familiar places. UE is starting to implode. Cole is hanging by a thread on to his goldie. Ciampa/Gargano are back at one another.

It will be interesting.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Don't know if it was posted in the previous thread, but WWEPC put up a four part show for Tegan Nox. I might've fought back a tear or two in part 3 when they showed footage of her second injury.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Takeover was fantastic.

Lee/DD, Balor/Gargano and Cole/Ciampa were all close to 5 star matches. Think Balor/Gargano was my favorite.

Even the women's street fight was great (until whoever that was botched the table spot).

Thought for sure Ciampa was winning, especially after reDragon lost the belts.

Reactions: TNT87

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
TakeOver was okay.

Lee/DD was alright, probably their worst match together I think. It felt sloppy but I really like how they did the finish.

Kai/Nox was decent. A good street fight with some decent, albeit not subtle, story telling. The table botch was a shame but I actually thought it looked more brutal.

Bàlor/Gargano was alright. I liked their clear desire to keep the match in the ring and the technical stuff they did with working body parts. It didn't pop or particularly stand out to me from the usual TakeOver match though.

Belair/Ripley was again alright. A fine match I can't find anything particularly bad or great about. Surprised to hear fans going strongly for Belair considering the great way they recently put over Ripley. I like what they're doing with Charlotte too.

Really enjoyed the tag match. My match of the night. Lots of creativity and good spots that weren't too contrived. I'm still not a Pete Dunne fan but everyone else looked great.

Main event is standard Adam Cole stuff. Big moves and near falls. Hate that they're going back to the well but I'll reserve judgment.

All in all, there are certainly better and worse shows out there. A middling TakeOver.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I was disappointed in the Strong/Dream match. Some botches and it just didn't flow well to me. Not a great show after a great Takeover.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Damn man, Wednesdays are popping. Halfways to double digit posts across two threads!

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Damn man, Wednesdays are popping. Halfways to double digit posts across two threads!
I agree. This place really needs a bunch of narcissists to liven it up with constant posts. Too bad they're on a "pause for the cause" except when they check in to see if anyone misses them.
Welcome back.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I agree. This place really needs a bunch of narcissists to liven it up with constant posts. Too bad they're on a "pause for the cause" except when they check in to see if anyone misses them. Welcome back.

Not really. I checked in because I've been looking at the main board due to hockey stuff, and realized yesterday was super exciting, super lively Wednesday and wanted to see how much this place was bumping. Wasn't disappointed!

Reactions: Virtanen18

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am so disappointed in NXT for this last episode. Rehashing Lee/Dijak is sooooo weird. So weird. Nothing progressed. Some very bleh moments. They rode a top 5 PPV and killed momentum with a really bad show. Bad is still watchable but that was pretty meh.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Even a weak nxt is better than every other show when its very good. RESPECT.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NXT Finally took a nice step forward. Man they really really needed that. They hit a 10/10 PPV and followed it up with like a brutal show. Rehashing everything instead of moving forward. And it was SOOO weird. The PPV moved us on. Move on!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really good brawl with Gargano/Ciampa to close the show. Crazy spot at the end.

Dude... they put some money into that. They fired a weight through a glass. Broke a wall. Broke a bunch of shit.

Could you imagine if you were on clean up? That was tremendous stuff.

Reactions: TNT87

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want the match to end. I don't think they needed to bring it back. But it is good. It makes sense. The brawl was awesome. Johnny puts on TREMENDOUS matches. Ciampa is a hell of a story. It's great. But i do want it to end.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Ciampa/Gargano should never end, really. It was too early to go back to it yet, but it should be a thing that comes and goes.

Weak to bring it back so soon.

Reactions: Kaner9

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

WWE has confirmed a format change to at least this week’s edition of NXT, and possibly throughout the quarantine. The show will only feature profiles, interviews, and “never-before-seen” content. There will be no live matches in front of an empty PC like on Raw and SD!

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Lost in all the shiny newness of AEW is that NXT keeps pumping out great matches. That three-way hoss battle with Lee, Priest and Donovan was great. I wish they could have piped in Mauro from his house to do PbP with him and Nigel.

Reactions: Kaner9 and ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lost in all the shiny newness of AEW is that NXT keeps pumping out great matches. That three-way hoss battle with Lee, Priest and Donovan was great. I wish they could have piped in Mauro from his house to do PbP with him and Nigel.
Damn dude could u imagine that at a takeover with mauro and nigel?! My heart sank a bit because that could have been 4.5 to 5 stars

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
NXT = still the best wrestling matches today. Aew is trying different things not focused on match quality so much imo. NXT roster is a little stale and needs an upgrade soon or things might change.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Were you not impressed by this?

GOAT theme and really creepy character.

You got me :nod:

I still wanna see different wrestlers get to the mainevent scene but theres some new stuff also. If lil Johnny goes I'll be happier about the whole thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->