We are a soft team again

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We are like 2nd biggest team, 3rd overall in hits, top 5 in fights.

Toughness is not the problem here. The lack of centers is.

Asif16*

Where is sopranos when you need him?

Hey sopranos, tell this guy who the HARDEST team is

LeafsFIO*

Everyone knows hockey becomes more tight-checking in the second half/playoffs. Last year was different because it was a shortened season. I'll be worried if they play a soft second-half like they did in 2012.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Who gives a **** im more worried about the crazy amount of shots we give up. We used to get 30+ per game consistantly. What happened?

I've never seen teams throw pucks at the net with such fervor than the Leafs' opponents this year. Of the 35 odd shots the Devils got last night, at least 25 were from top of the circles or out, not even from the middle of the ice. They'd pass up chances to get the puck down low in order to get a below average chance on net. Not that shots on net are a bad thing but everyone is so friggin focused on the amount of shots, that's not the whole story.

It's the trouble we're having with forecheckers that is my issue, that first and second pass out of the zone that we're flubbing and letting teams hem us in. They're positionally sound, just need to stop handling the puck like a grenade.

It also doesn't help the corsi or fenwick or whatever when our top line doesn't play a possession game 5v5. Kessel's at his best when he's making the defender back up or getting the puck on his stick in a good spot in the offensive zone, he's got such a great release he can score from anywhere.

Sorry for the ramble, I haven't posted in a bit.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
What happened, last year everyone hit, fights all the time. We fought for pucks and won battles on the boards. This year yikes. Man I miss Leo Komorov (sp?). This team other than Fraser, Clarkson, and the rarely seen Orr-McLaren, are just not willing to crash and bang.

By comparison last year was a blast to watch. Now even with a great record so far, I cringe watching them.:shakehead

LOL. Do you watch the games at all?

We're PLENTY tough.

Offspring

Feb 13, 2010
Loved Fransons development this year in the aggression department. We are far from soft.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
weird how the Leafs are doing better in the standings this year than last year, with more skill and less goons.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
It's beyond obvious that the Leafs are NOT soft at all.

The OP is a Troll. Or has never watched the game. One or the other.

:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad