We are a soft team again

GNOT

Nov 8, 2011
What happened, last year everyone hit, fights all the time. We fought for pucks and won battles on the boards. This year yikes. Man I miss Leo Komorov (sp?). This team other than Fraser, Clarkson, and the rarely seen Orr-McLaren, are just not willing to crash and bang.

By comparison last year was a blast to watch. Now even with a great record so far, I cringe watching them.:shakehead

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
After the pre-season, Phil Kessel was expected to take on the tough guy duties and has failed thus far

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What happened, last year everyone hit, fights all the time. We fought for pucks and won battles on the boards. This year yikes. Man I miss Leo Komorov (sp?). This team other than Fraser, Clarkson, and the rarely seen Orr-McLaren, are just not willing to crash and bang.

By comparison last year was a blast to watch. Now even with a great record so far, I cringe watching them.:shakehead

Komarov was a beast and inspired others to hit as well. No Komorov and now not as much hitting from as many of our players.

Mr Scarface*

All those important hard games are just ahead. We don't have to hit that hard right now or make others pay all that much. Those games are coming and in the playoffs our team is more ready. We have nothing to worry. Carly knows that we have to rest our key bodies that make our team go boom cause that's the way to win cups. To win a stanley cup you most lose first and rest and then win the right hard games.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Ok, but how does that compare to this time last season?

It really doesn't appear to me that they're hitting as much.
With tonights game, the Leafs moved into 4th place among hits . As it is right now in the game, they have a chance to crack 3rd even with over 500 hits on the season so far.

IDK what to tell ya, the biggest difference is that theres been very few if any fights

Asif16*

Umm no. We were playing soft the first 6 games or so, but not anymore.

And if your basing this off just the devils game tonight, know that devils barely fight or get into scrums. They play boring hockey.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
The hit counters in Toronto are very generous. The Leafs seem to be awarded with twice the amount of hits at home compared to when they are on the road. Until stat collection becomes more consistent, I think hits can only be compared against players on the same team.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
only thing I see less of is fights, but that may be league wide, used to see orr and Mclaren fight almost every game.

Plus fraser is still out(did he play today? I missed it)

overall we're a pretty physical team still, our only downfall may be possession.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Hey! We won. Just like Detroit. :)

This team is a step behind because I think they are saving it for the playoffs. They have an extra gear, it just depends on when they want to use it (and if it's too late).

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much

We don't fight as much, but that doesn't mean we're softer, we rack up the hit count game after game and with such awful puck control we tend to get to show how annoying we can be.
Honestly staying out of the penalty box for fighting isn't such a bad thing.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hey, if we score one power play goal in the 1st, we win and don't give the Devils the loser point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->