We’re the most over-hyped team. Aren’t we?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Usually the teams coming off the cup are.

I think they’re a very good team though. The defense and goaltending alone will keep them in it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
over the last 2 regular seasons

tampa has 241 points but only 2 playoff wins... they are not as good now as they were then

boston has 219 points and 4 playoff wins

predators have 217 points and I think 2 playoff wins

jets who have been gutted... had 213 points and 1 playoff win

capitals had 209 points and 4 playoff wins to tie us

maple leafs who are the most overhyped team in this group had 205 points and zero playoff wins

golden knights 202 points and 4 playoff wins

sharks 201 points and I think just the 2 playoff wins

blues were the only team in this list to miss the playoffs 1 year... 193 points combind and went on a hot streak for the playoffs 4 playoff wins

so we are second in points... first in playoff wins... and we got better. coyle is in improvement. McAvoy/carlo and even krug all took huge steps forward... rask is better when he has a quality backup... pastrnak is starting the season healthy and debrusk is poised for a breakout

how on gods green earth are we being overrated? im hearing a lot of predictors say we will miss the playoffs due to a Stanley cup hangover {of course I heard them say the same thing the last 2 years that we would miss... I guess haters got to hate}

I dont mind other fan bases saying we are overrated... they should fear us. but when our own fan base cant show some support for this team and its accomplishments it simply saddens me.

weve been the best team in hockey over the last 2 years... and our team today is improved.

member 96824

Some things need to fall into place for sure for us to be a cup favorite like people are talking about.

You can see a path where things fall apart and these articles end up right: career years aren’t replicated, age catches the core, young guys don’t take the next step, PP takes a step back, no one at RW steps up to fill gaps.

Any of those or all of those mean some potential regression in the bloodbath that is the Atlantic. In the Metro they’d be fine.

Overhyped may not be the word, more like fragile expectations.

Reactions: Spooner st

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins always letting them get to 7 games is the ultimate trolljob every year because it always leaves them overestimating their team. The Bruins stunk for most of that series and still won.

The Leafs are one injury away from missing the playoffs with no 1st round pick.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You thinking we're the most over hyped team is expected and still hilarious. Color me shocked a resident Debbie downer agrees with a negative post towards the supposed team he "roots" for.

Toronto holds spots 1, 2, 3, , 4 and 5 for this one.

Reactions: weinsink

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Top teams are always the most over hyped as there is usually only one way they can go, that is down.

Toronto, Boston and St Louis, maybe even throw the Flames in there, would be my guess even without reading the article.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Apparently, the author has never heard of the Toronto Maple Leafs?

This morning, Chris Johnson from Sportsnet called them the best Leafs team of a generation...before they have played a game.

Par for the course for those guys. Remember last summer after Tavares signed? They were planning the Cup parade :laugh:

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
No American NHL team can ever be over-hyped. That honor goes to the Leafs, Scabs, Flames, and any team no matter how crappy that has Conner McDavid on it. That said, the Bruins are very near the end of their leadership corps greatness. This year could be magic, or a disaster.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

This morning, Chris Johnson from Sportsnet called them the best Leafs team of a generation...before they have played a game.

considering what crap the leafs team has been for a generation... I have to say, that this team might be the best ever before playing a single game

{leafs usually get worst and worst with each game they play... so most leaf teams peak before the season opens}

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

It's not just him. I've heard a few different people on both sports radio stations make similar statements. They're also talking about individual accomplishments like Matthews breaking the single-season franchise goal record or Marner hitting 100pts. They're making Rasmus Sandin sound like the second coming of Bobby Orr. Actually, they really are talking about him coming in the way Kaberle did back in the day. It's Toronto man. Hype, hype, and more hype.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
im hearing a lot of predictors say we will miss the playoffs due to a Stanley cup hangover {of course I heard them say the same thing the last 2 years that we would miss... I guess haters got to hate}
Who’s saying this? Idiots?

Looking at various Oddsmakers, they have the Bruins as the fourth favorite.

TB, Leafs, Vegas, Bs.

if the Bs are 4th favorite in a space where $$$ are on the line, I’d say that’s because people recognize they’re a PFG team.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Who’s saying this? Idiots?

Looking at various Oddsmakers, they have the Bruins as the fourth favorite.

TB, Leafs, Vegas, Bs.

if the Bs are 4th favorite in a space where $$$ are on the line, I’d say that’s because people recognize they’re a PFG team.

admittedly I watch a lot of tsn shows out of toronto... some from Edmonton... some Rodgers shows out of Calgary and Vancouver for the most part

quite a few of the talking heads on these shows are trying to suggest boston will be missing the playoffs. its normally tampa picked first... and Toronto second... and 5 teams from the other side {which is crazy} and then these people like to suggest florida or montreal can get the final wildcard spot

so guess who is missing? and when asked why the bruins are missing its lame reasons... they say its hard to rebound after going deep in the playoffs {of course these same idiots are predicting st louis will repeat lmao}

anyhow we cant take it serious when these people fearfully pray boston wont eliminate them for the 3rd straight year... but if any of us buy into this crap, then shame... shame... shame... shame

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
The cup favorite stuff is surprising me to be honest. I'm really worried about the longevity of Bergeron, Krejci and Chara going into the postseason. Under the assumption we make it there in the first place, etc.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The Blues are, by far.

Everyone acts like they're favorites to repeat when they were lucky to get through the playoffs last year and still have questionable scoring beyond Tarasenko and ROR and have the most overrated goalie in the history of the NHL. They'll finish 4th in the Central at best.
Yeah we read a lot of the Blues ineptitude back on January 1st

It is day one. Not going to try and predict anything myself just yet.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
admittedly I watch a lot of tsn shows out of toronto... some from Edmonton... some Rodgers shows out of Calgary and Vancouver for the most part

quite a few of the talking heads on these shows are trying to suggest boston will be missing the playoffs. its normally tampa picked first... and Toronto second... and 5 teams from the other side {which is crazy} and then these people like to suggest florida or montreal can get the final wildcard spot

so guess who is missing? and when asked why the bruins are missing its lame reasons... they say its hard to rebound after going deep in the playoffs {of course these same idiots are predicting st louis will repeat lmao}

anyhow we cant take it serious when these people fearfully pray boston wont eliminate them for the 3rd straight year... but if any of us buy into this crap, then shame... shame... shame... shame

Saw that Dallas is fairly highly ranked, St Louis too. The one that surprises me most is Avalanche at #5. I don’t see it.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
So tired idk if this is sarcasm or not but I think we're far off being overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->