"We’re looking for a great improvement on what we did last year."

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What if nobody wants to sign here no matter how much money we throw at them? Is there a list of albatross contracts without a NMC? We can't even trade for Lucic.

Where there’s money, there will be players signing.

The albatross contracts could help reach the Cap Floor just like some other teams use them.

Getting a few years of top 5 or better draft picks would raise the team’s skill base, but it will mean some very lean years until the team shows significant improvement.

Or we can be satisfied with bubble teams virtually forever.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Where there’s money, there will be players signing.

The albatross contracts could help reach the Cap Floor just like some other teams use them.

Getting a few years of top 5 or better draft picks would raise the team’s skill base, but it will mean some very lean years until the team shows significant improvement.

Or we can be satisfied with bubble teams virtually forever.
You say this like you think its going to happen lol

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
"We're looking for a great improvement on what we did last year," and, "I'm looking for my keys!"

. . . I think everyone is SOL.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Jack Hughes looking amazing tonight. Would be nice to have the next Patrick Kane on this team.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You say this like you think its going to happen lol

Yes. Players will sign with Ottawa to make very good money that they may not be able to make elsewhere.
But the team is not going to be operating at the salary cap so the best players will not come here because the salaries will not he high end ones.
Therefore, the team will likely be in the bottom quartile or worse for the next few years.
So I am hoping to see the team draft some top end prospects in the next few years. That is my hope.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What if nobody wants to sign here no matter how much money we throw at them? Is there a list of albatross contracts without a NMC? We can't even trade for Lucic.

Why focus on NHL UFAs?

Perhaps offer a few older European players a nice 1 or 2 year contract instead? Good opportunity to find perhaps a hidden gem, or a guy wanting to resurrect an NHL career who will take a shorter contract for the opportunity to come back to the NHL for a season. Can still hit the cap floor while also not being tethered to any long-term anchor contracts.

Of course, we'd actually need a strong European (pro) scouting staff to identify good candidates....

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad