"We’re looking for a great improvement on what we did last year."

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Yeah our management sucks, but it's our players playing, and most of them are useless. Might be a product of "the system". But at this point "the system" obviously doesn't work. Fire Boucher, and get some players with some heart on this team. I'm so over watching tyke like timidness in these supposed NHL players. There was a point last game, maybe the game before where the opposing player had the puck and 3 of our players overskated the player as he stood still with the puck for like 5 seconds. Too reluctant and soft to get in the dirty areas and play with some grit, we're probably the least intimidating team in the league.

Reactions: Cosmix

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yeah our management sucks, but it's our players playing, and most of them are useless. Might be a product of "the system". But at this point "the system" obviously doesn't work. Fire Boucher, and get some players with some heart on this team. I'm so over watching tyke like timidness in these supposed NHL players. There was a point last game, maybe the game before where the opposing player had the puck and 3 of our players overskated the player as he stood still with the puck for like 5 seconds. Too reluctant and soft to get in the dirty areas and play with some grit, we're probably the least intimidating team in the league.
Players and coaches don’t arrive here on their own.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
“There was a few distractions, and intangibles, that don’t come along every year and that’s why we’re excited that we’re probably going to have a great improvement on what we did this past year.”

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The same team that bragged "they aren't AS bad as was predicted."

No reward for tanking, but impossible not to tank based on talent pool. Tough circumstances.

Might as well get the rest of the purging out of the way while the fans don't care enough to pay attention and you suck even with them still on the team.

When they decided to rebuild/cut costs without much blue chip youth or their first round pick, it seemed like they were waving the white flag on being competitive for a good few years, not just 1 or 2.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The same team that bragged "they aren't AS bad as was predicted."

No reward for tanking, but impossible not to tank based on talent pool. Tough circumstances.

Might as well get the rest of the purging out of the way while the fans don't care enough to pay attention and you suck even with them still on the team.

When they decided to rebuild/cut costs without much blue chip youth or their first round pick, it seemed like they were waving the white flag on being competitive for a good few years, not just 1 or 2.

The goal was more about saving money overall than anything else. The only reason Dorion sort of got away with it for the first few months was the kids playing wayyy over their heads, which has nothing to do with him or his ability to plan.

This team is a dumpster fire. If they don't retain both of Stone and Duchene, there will be nothing left to stick around for aside from watching some great young talent rot in Ottawa.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Has a anyone's interest in this team dwindled to near nothing?

I used to get annoyed if I missed a Sens game. Now I don't even realize if i missed one lol.

I was enjoying the insanely high scoring over the first 25-30 games but that has radically dwindled lately. Barely getting 2 goals most nights while getting shelled. Boucher doesn't seem to know what the hell he's doing anymore as he can't get them to score OR defend properly. In any other market he's a goner but I've resigned myself to the fact that Melnyk won't can him this season due again to money issues.

So yeah, reasons to keep watching are getting close to being non-existent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad