Venue: Madison Square Garden

Main Event (Last Man Standing Match)
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (C) vs. Bray Wyatt
- World Heavyweight Championship

Co-Main Event
Dean Ambrose (C) vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- Intercontinental Title

Match:
"American Alpha" Chad Gable & Jason Jordan (C) vs. "The Briscoe Brothers" Jay & Mark Briscoe
- World Tag Team Championship

Match:
"The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko vs. "Mr ROH" Roderick Strong

Match:
"The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix (C) vs. Kaitlyn vs. "Lass Kicker" Becky Lynch
- Womans Championship

Match:
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Haku

Match:
Jay Lethal vs. Apollo Crews

Match:
"Prince Pretty" Tyler Breeze vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Mike Bennett vs. "The Last Real Man of Professional Wrestling" Silas Young

Pre-Show

Match:
"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich vs. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

Match:
"The Wildman" Marc Mero vs. Justin Gabriel

GB presents...

Kevin Owens (c) vs CM Punk for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Voice of the Voiceless against one of the best heels in recent history. To make it that bit better, the match is held in Chicago.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Kota Ibushi
Two of the best junior heavyweights go head to head in their primes.

William Regal (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr for the WWF European Title. in a best of 3 falls match.
I think I've said before but if I had a time machine making this match happen would be a top priority for me.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Magnum TA for the IWGP HeavyWeight Championship
A classic Japanese face vs Gaijin heel match.

Kenny Omega (c) vs Adam Cole vs BXB Hulk for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
This match could actually happen one day. It would be amazing.

Kimber Lee (c) vs Candice LeRae vs Sara Del Rey
Kimber Lee puts her Chikara Grand Championship on the line. Hopefully Del Rey is training these two in NXT soon.

Sexy Star vs Emma
Mask vs Hair. And yes, it is Evil Emma.

Joey Ryan vs Alexa Bliss
5* match for the facial expressions alone.

Marty Scurll vs AR Fox vs The Mack vs El Dragon Ezteca Jr.
Falls count anywhere elimination match.

The Colony (Soldier Ant, Fire Ant, Silver Ant) vs Team AAA (Fenix, Drago & Aero Star)
The 2011 and 2015 Chikara King of Trios Champions square off to see who is the ultimate King of Trios.

Cage vs Rhyno
The Machine vs The Man Beast.

Norman Smiley vs Robbie Brookside
Before they were NXT trainers these two were world travelling wrestlers. Loser has to train ZZ.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agree with Loosie. I also think the drawing power is bigger, too. Which plays a role for me.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan of that style of wrestling - GB picked one of the best cards for HF Boards and everyone who likes that style of wrestling. He has internet dream matches for days. But if that was about making money, as wrestling is, would it actually do better? I'm not so sure.

I know for a fact I'd own the show when it went for sale, but overall the other card would make more cash.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I don't know. GB's is better on paper, and I think it makes more money. Steve Austin is obviously the biggest star on either card, but who are the other bankable stars on Fantasymania? Compare that to Tanahashi (HUGE star), Mysterio, and Punk who are all in separate matches, and I think it's a much more successful show.

And if you look at the top-10 matches on either card... I can't imagine seven don't belong to GB.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I don't know. GB's is better on paper, and I think it makes more money. Steve Austin is obviously the biggest star on either card, but who are the other bankable stars on Fantasymania? Compare that to Tanahashi (HUGE star), Mysterio, and Punk who are all in separate matches, and I think it's a much more successful show.

And if you look at the top-10 matches on either card... I can't imagine seven don't belong to GB.

I agree with this. The combined drawing power of the three mentioned is huge.

Mysterio vs Ibushi may be the best match in the competition. Too many people forget how good Rey was.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I agree with this. The combined drawing power of the three mentioned is huge.

Mysterio vs Ibushi may be the best match in the competition. Too many people forget how good Rey was.

Personally...
I love the first three matches on GB's list.
Any of them are main event worthy.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Once you look past the main event which for GB is obviously a big indy guy match up (though both much more than just indy guys) compared to what Sheppy has, but after that Sheppy has a pretty indy heavy and particularly ROH heavy card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad