Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
NHL should start this series when NYR plays in 3rd round. Pathetic scheduling. Canucks need to wait for 1 week to play

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
He’s an amazing player and will play at an elite level likely into his late 30’s.
Could end up the fourth best player I’ve ever had the honour to watch if he keeps this up.
No one is catching Gretzky and Orr in my books. Nor Lemieux.

F**k
I have to agree with a Nuck's fan!

I have been very blessed to have seen all of them as well. No one will ever come close to Gretz for me. Orr was incredible and so revolutionary. And with Lemieux I think I would have appreciated him more if I'd seen him more than I did. I was too focused on Oilers. Saying that - I am just beginning to appreciate all of McDavid. Mostly that I'm fortunate to see another superstar.
I was having a hard time putting him up there with those 3 but the more I watch and realize what a talent he is, it's getting easier.

OK that's it! Vancouver sucks. Pete's a pu**y, Hughes can't defend, JT is a goof blah blah blah Oilers in 3, burn down the city, pass in Stanley Park, and... of yeah... take the p3nalties so we practice our version of the globetrotters!
Cheers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Neutral fan here, looking forward to this series between two teams with not much rivalry but a rivalry between the fans. Lot of good players on both teams but like the depth and size on the back end for the Canucks that will create fits for the top heavy Oilers. If Silovs can frustrate the Oilers this could be a quick series for the Canucks. But the Oilers do have Mcdavid who will grab them a game or two. Canucks in 6 imo

• Haha
Reactions: ziploc

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
You must be one of the many new Nuck fans that hopped on the wagon again.

Oilers didn’t play the Nucks in the bubble playoffs, dumbass.
I meant that the Canucks went further in that format than the Oilers did.

Anyway the point was, this isn't some "career year" season for Canucks players.

Petterson had 89 points this year and 102 last year.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Oilers and Canucks fans, let’s all relax.

When your team loses, it’s not your fault and has nothing to do with you. Don’t take it personally.

When your team wins, it also has nothing to do with you, and is not your achievement to be proud of. We are cheering for a bunch of rich young men who don’t know us or care about us to live THEIR dream and achieve THEIR goals. We don’t have any rational reason to take pride in their success and act like we, the fans, had anything to do with it.

It’s exciting and fun, but that’s all it is. Don’t take it too seriously and don’t let it consume you or cause you real-life stress & anger when you have your own personal goals and dreams and stressors to focus on, things that actually impact you in a tangible way. Hockey fandom is fantasy.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I'm going to go off script here - I want to talk about a memorable Oiler memory I have.

Todd Marchant's game winner in overtime vs Dallas in 1997. In fact, that whole game was absolutely electric. Joseph's eye popping save in OT, and then Marchant just turning on the after burners, blowing by everyone and scoring that goal - as an objective third party, that's one of the more memorable non-Canuck games I've ever watched.

Todd Marchant. Super fast, that guy could fly.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I meant that the Canucks went further in that format than the Oilers did.

Anyway the point was, this isn't some "career year" season for Canucks players.

Petterson had 89 points this year and 102 last year.

No not at all. Definitely.

Dakota Joshua scores at a 25 goal pace every year, Quinn Hughes scores 90 points every year, Boeser scores 40 every year, Hronek scores almost 50 every year, Hoglander scores 24 every year. That’s not counting almost everyone else who at least matched prior career highs that haven’t been seen recently.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If the season series was the other way around (4 losses for VAN) the "regular season doesn't matter" trope wouldn't have been uttered once.

Boston and Vancouver swept their 1st round opponents in the regular season and won the playoff round.
Regular season and post season stats only matter when they fit certain narratives :sarcasm:

Reactions: Summer Rose

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

When your team loses, it’s not your fault and has nothing to do with you. Don’t take it personally.

When your team wins, it also has nothing to do with you, and is not your achievement to be proud of. We are cheering for a bunch of rich young men who don’t know us or care about us to live THEIR dream and achieve THEIR goals. We don’t have any rational reason to take pride in their success and act like we, the fans, had anything to do with it.

It’s exciting and fun, but that’s all it is. Don’t take it too seriously and don’t let it consume you or cause you real-life stress & anger when you have your own personal goals and dreams and stressors to focus on, things that actually impact you in a tangible way. Hockey fandom is fantasy.

Agreed. Some of the comments in here are unhinged (from both sides). A lot of Canuck posters I’ve never seen post on our board as well.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If the season series was the other way around (4 losses for VAN) the "regular season doesn't matter" trope wouldn't have been uttered once.

Boston and Vancouver swept their 1st round opponents in the regular season and won the playoff round.
Does Toronto even count?

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Agreed, I think some people are going overboard. This is suppose to be entertainment, not the end of the world if your team loses. We're all friendly and peaceful Canadians here.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Agreed, I think some people are going overboard. This is suppose to be entertainment, not the end of the world if your team loses. We're all friendly and peaceful Canadians here.
I dunno, pretty sure it is the end of the world for some, they way they're defending the shots hurled back n forth 😂 people don't fight that hard for something they believe in unless it's to the death! 🍿🍿🍿

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
It’s strange branding, have never heard anyone remark one way or another about pizza from Boston
Apparently it's actually hockey related (shocker, right!). I've heard that the founder was a big Bruins fan hence the name.

Interestingly enough, along with BP's, NY Fries, East Side (NY) Mario's and Montana's are all Canadian chains....go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad