Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Yes. The same reasons that the Oilers are not liked this year.
No way Oilers can compare to Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, Lapierre, Edler, Torres, etc.

Kane isn't a rat, just lippy.
Perry is too old to be a rat.
Draisaitl I can see, cause he's pretty nasty.

But that 2010s Canucks team was like someone cloned 12 Ken Linsemens, that ran around with the Sedins (god bless those angels)

Reactions: MessierII

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
No way Oilers can compare to Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, Lapierre, Edler, Torres, etc.

Kane isn't a rat, just lippy.
Perry is too old to be a rat.
Draisaitl I can see, cause he's pretty nasty.

But that 2010s Canucks team was like someone cloned 12 Ken Linsemens, that ran around with the Sedins (god bless those angels)
Edler?

Reactions: CanuckCity

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
And no McDavid.
It's odd how quickly that you guys use that as an excuse. It's basically admitting that without him you can't win, with 1st place on the line, against a goalie who had a sub 900sv%
Even knob and Spec made that excuse. This is the first playoffs I've paid attention to the oilers and I gotta say from the fans to the coaches to the reporters.

All oiler fans reading this. Go on YouTube watch the nucks in their media scrums as well as the oilers, what a massive difference from the coach down to the captain and everyone in between.
A blowout in game 1 just might break them all over again,

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's odd how quickly that you guys use that as an excuse. It's basically admitting that without him you can't win, with 1st place on the line, against a goalie who had a sub 900sv%
Even knob and Spec made that excuse. This is the first playoffs I've paid attention to the oilers and I gotta say from the fans to the coaches to the reporters.

All oiler fans reading this. Go on YouTube watch the nucks in their media scrums as well as the oilers, what a massive difference from the coach down to the captain and everyone in between.
I think that there is a reasonable case to be made that Connor McDavid is a difference maker. Whether they can win without him or not is irrelevant if he actually plays.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
So as soon as the Oilers are set to face the Nucks the Oil are suddenly divers, funny how that works out. Oilers were 19th in PPO per game this year at 2.96. Also had one of the lowest net penalty differentials in the league at -22. Pretty low for one of the best posession driving teams in the league.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

i was going to say "how would the canucks do with their best player not playing" but we already know the answer, they win as they showed in the first round when petterson didnt show up

Reactions: Zippgunn

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Most of the country will be supporting the winner

You guys need a cup badly. We the good Ole US of A have been DOMINATING for over 3 decades lol
with good ole Canadian boys on your team. Always team with most Canadians wins Stanley Cup

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

If the Canucks score a couple of quick ones to start the game, the 4 regular season games (that apparently only count when you need to dig up stats for your benefit) will take up residence in the Oilers' heads.....hilarious if it happens....playin' with House money....

• Haha
Reactions: Anemia

Anemia

aka lack of Iron Man
Apr 24, 2007
Great White North
If the Canucks score a couple of quick ones to start the game, the 4 regular season games (that apparently only count when you need to dig up stats for your benefit) will take up residence in the Oilers' heads.....hilarious if it happens....playin' with House money....
You may want to check and see how much playoff experience is on the Oilers. If you think a couple of quick goals will end the series right after it starts, you may want to pass the dutchie.

Reactions: Dieseloil

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
You may want to check and see how much playoff experience is on the Oilers. If you think a couple of quick goals will end the series before it is over, you may want to pass the dutchie.
Where did I say it would end the series? If you think the mighty Oilers are immune to self doubt I don't know what to say to you.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
McDavid cares not about integrity, guys going to be flopping like a fish out of water. As per usual
I can see u dont watch much

You may want to check and see how much playoff experience is on the Oilers. If you think a couple of quick goals will end the series right after it starts, you may want to pass the dutchie.
Jesus, havent heard that one in ages

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Where did I say it would end the series? If you think the mighty Oilers are immune to self doubt I don't know what to say to you.
Well we know what to say to u
Oilers were 31st and down and out. Everyone in Canada was loving it, yourself especially I bet. What do they do? Dust themselves off and go on a heater and get back into playoffs. Pretty remarkable IMO

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Well we know what to say to u
Oilers were 31st and down and out. Everyone in Canada was loving it, yourself especially I bet. What do they do? Dust themselves off and go on a heater and get back into playoffs. Pretty remarkable IMO
Hey I thought the regular season doesn't count?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Touche.

If there is one thing the Oilers are completely unaccustomed to its having to outplay their goaltending troubles.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hey I thought the regular season doesn't count?
well your going on about self doubt.
You sure doubted Oilers back in Fall when season was in trouble.
I seem to remember back in 2011 Canucks fans were pretty high on themselves going into Boston up 2-0. Boston dresses Thornton, Vancouver changes their colors to yellow and the Sedin Sisters got speed bagged by MArchand and no one did a thing to them. Thats my self doubt on Vancouver. Soft like butter. Wait till Kane puts Hughes or Pettersson in the 3rd row

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I can’t believe I’m saying this
Compare to the recent social media battles on Twitter, HFboard suddenly look a lot more sane and calm. Everyone on Twitter is acting like a 5 years old

Who gives a f*** that a kid shouted “f*** oilers player” individually

Who cares that a group of Canucks fans chanting “f*** the oilers”

Who cares that fan are mad at Boston Pizza?

Who cares that Ryan Whitney is engagement baits?

HOLY f***ING SHIT, IT’S SPORTS, PASSION AND HATRED ARE SUPPOSE TO BE A PART OF IT

Last edited:

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Crazy to see Vancouver fans already manufacturing fairytales to explain away the impending loss!
Talk about the teams, players and series, not the fans or posters. You're just going to end up getting booted.

Drai does not go down easy. What?

EP should not be unbalanced as a professional athlete. That’s ridiculous. He’s a pure flopper if that’s the case
Having watched my share of floppers on the Canucks, he's not one of them, he's just bambi on skates.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen

Well they had already clinched, dont think a division win was their goal this season. Oilers played btb when Nucks had a 3 day rest, and Desmith stood on his head.

With that said, regular season means squat, Wpg owned Colorado in the regular 3-0, and we all now what happened there.

Cant see a upset in a serie of 7 games ifnt Stu let in multible stinkers game after game. No disrespect, Nucks could steal 1 or 2 games but the end will be the same.

Playoff experience will show up here, and i dont think Oilers burned much fuel in the La serie, you cant empty the tank early if you have ambition for a long run.

But who knows, remember olympics 1980!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad