Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
of course there is...whether the Oil lose to the Canucks this round or in Game 7 OT of the Cup Final, it'll be a "failure" of a season...that comes with high expectations of the team
the rest of the drivel is wishful thinking about "massive changes"

and yes the narrative absolutely changed...if you guys are as good as you've claimed to be all year, why wouldn't your expectations be to go further? I mean you won the division and were consistently good all year

it's a cope in order to be satisfied no matter the outcome of the series
Pretty sure I've never once stated anything about how good I think the Canucks are. As a Rangers fan first and foremost I have definitely said I don't think they (Rangers) are as good as their record.

But back on track: saying, 'Canucks swept the season series vs Oilers so I like there chances,' can absolutely exist in the same universe with, 'even if they lose this season is a success.' One doesn't discount or change the narrative on the other.

I'm not sure how that's hard to grasp, other than the fact that Oilers fans are probably feeling the same pressure their team is and it's creating a glitch in their processing.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
We destroyed expectations this year. Everyone had us slotted in at the bottom of the pacific . We all agreed sneaking into the post season would be a successful season for our team. Here we are round 2. None of us will be angry if we lose. Would be fun to win. Just wish we had a healthy Demko.

We can't all be Cup or Bust.
as an Oilers fan, I hope the team has the same mentally as their fans

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But back on track: saying, 'Canucks swept the season series vs Oilers so I like there chances,' can absolutely exist in the same universe with, 'even if they lose this season is a success.' One doesn't discount or change the narrative on the other.

I'm not sure how that's hard to grasp, other than the fact that Oilers fans are probably feeling the same pressure their team is and it's creating a glitch in their processing.
nah the narrative changed from bragging about being better than the Oilers all season to being "ok" losing to them because they're playing with house money

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
man oh man has the narrative changed in a matter of days

Nucks fans wouldn't stop crowing about how they swept the Oilers all year as proof of how good they are...now they're just a scrappy "young" (they're not young) team just happy to be into the Second Round with no nothing to lose
lmao

I think the Canucks can make a series with the Oilers. I even said back in like March that this is all probably lining up to the Oilers spanking the Canucks in round one. I was off by a round, oh no.

The thing is, we're down 2 of our goalies and are in a position no one expected us to be in. The fact that they've managed to play solidly against top teams all season means that they can hang and have a chance.

The fact that Demko is out combined with the unexpected season they had means, yes, the team has nothing to lose.

Like, either the Oilers are a good team and the Canucks beating them means something (it doesn't, because....'regular season doesn't matter', 'McDavid was out', 'early season is different from mid-season', 'the sun was in our eyes', etc.) or folks are so fixated on such a nothing opponent that it's a little unhealthy.

With Demko out and the McDavid factor (ie, he's a generational talent who can 'take over a series'), the advantage is to the Oilers. I'm hoping my team takes that perception and uses it as bulletin board material going into the series.

As I've said all season long: I've just been enjoying the ride.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
nah the narrative changed from bragging about being better than the Oilers all season to being "ok" losing to them because they're playing with house money
Once again, those thoughts are not exclusive. But I'll stop now, this Stars/Knights game is getting good.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I think the Canucks can make a series with the Oilers. I even said back in like March that this is all probably lining up to the Oilers spanking the Canucks in round one. I was off by a round, oh no.

The thing is, we're down 2 of our goalies and are in a position no one expected us to be in. The fact that they've managed to play solidly against top teams all season means that they can hang and have a chance.

The fact that Demko is out combined with the unexpected season they had means, yes, the team has nothing to lose.

Like, either the Oilers are a good team and the Canucks beating them means something (it doesn't, because....'regular season doesn't matter', 'McDavid was out', 'early season is different from mid-season', 'the sun was in our eyes', etc.) or folks are so fixated on such a nothing opponent that it's a little unhealthy.

With Demko out and the McDavid factor (ie, he's a generational talent who can 'take over a series'), the advantage is to the Oilers. I'm hoping my team takes that perception and uses it as bulletin board material going into the series.

As I've said all season long: I've just been enjoying the ride.
No you're not, not sure why Canucks fans keep stating this in here.

They decided to start Silovs over Desmith in Game 6, not to mention Desmith isn't good.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
No you're not, not sure why Canucks fans keep stating this in here.

It was a decision to start Silovs over Desmith

Shhhh.

Canucks vs. Predators Game Day Update: Casey DeSmith injured, Arturs Silovs Game 4 starter​

The latest update on Canucks goaltender Casey DeSmith’s injury indicates it to be a minor groin strain, bringing him closer to a full recovery, as reported by Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff

I guess this is just a conspiracy theory borne from, hold on, let me check my notes, ah, yes.

American-born sports reporter Frank Seravalli.

Dude was injured.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Shhhh.

Canucks vs. Predators Game Day Update: Casey DeSmith injured, Arturs Silovs Game 4 starter​

"He was healthy enough to return for Game 5, though rookie third-stringer Arturs Silovs started over the veteran to close out the series."

But I get it, you guys like the story of being forced to start your 3rd string goalie.. It's just one more excuse you'll be able to use if things go South

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Oh, so he was injured? Or is this Schroedinger's Injury? He's only hurt when it's convenient to be kvetching about "Canucks fans"?
Wtf are you talking about?

The poster I was responding to stated the Canucks are down 2 goalies, I stated that wasn't true.

I never claimed Desmith wasn't hurt at some point in the previous series.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
This is quite the list
Pundits are idiot's, but between twenty three of them, they've managed to create a broken clock

The exception is Ray. He knows what he is talking about, plus he knows way more behind the scenes about the 'nucks.. I have my own connections but it's not even close. I would bet he actually thinks oil in 5, but went with 6 to avoid accusations of insider info

Reactions: crazychimp

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Silovs is super underrated, sleeper pick. Watch him shock the hockey world like he did for Latvia

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Wtf are you talking about?

The poster I was responding to stated the Canucks are down 2 goalies, I stated that wasn't true.

Yeah, same person you've been responding to. I know 'reading' or just looking at the avatar next to the post you're replying to can be hard.

I never claimed Desmith wasn't hurt at some point in the previous series.

No, you just sort of glossed over how the Canucks got to the point where Silovs starting was even a consideration, lmao, while ignoring that DeSmith wasn't 100%.

What could have possibly happened in Games 3, 4, and 5? A mystery for the ages.

Also it's hilarious that it wasn't even one response before my point was proven:

It's just one more excuse you'll be able to use if things go South

Like, either the Oilers are a good team and the Canucks beating them means something (it doesn't, because....'regular season doesn't matter', 'McDavid was out',

Injuries don't matter unless you're the Oilers and are playing a 'totally doesn't matter' regular season game.

Good grief. I said you guys are favored and that there are reasons for that. Are you here to just try 'gotcha' bullshit or have a discussion?

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How do yoi know half the Canucks are injured? Are you Canucks medical staff? And no Oilers are banged up from LA series?
“On Monday's episode of Donnie & Dhali, Rick Dhaliwal shared that he's been told that Canucks forward Elias Pettersson is not 100 percent healthy.”

“The Hockey Central panel suggests that Quinn Hughes might be playing with some injuries. On Sunday, he was first pounded in the defensive zone by former teammate Anthony Beauvillier and then jammed up hard between forecheckers Jason Zucker and Colton Sissons. Hughes winced, doubled over in discomfort and missed his next shift.“

Reactions: I am toxic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad