Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah ok Avs are even better without Lando and swapping Kadri for Mittelstadt…lol

No questions about your stars but you’re high if you think the depth is the same.
I said we have a better bottom 6. None of those players are in the bottom 6. Also Kadri missed half the playoffs

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Petterson has 3 points and is -2 in 6 games. McDavid has 12 and is +3 in 5. I’m not exactly a math major but the stats don’t lie.

Petterson has the same amount of points these playoffs as Andrew Cogliano. A 36 year old 4th liner…
Well I mean Bouchard has 9 pts to Hughes 5, sometimes stats do tell lies 🤭

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
How was Lindholm's game? Wasn't he picked up to basically smother the oppositions top line? Do you think he can neutralize McDavid? Like keep him at +/- neutral.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Edmonton is good for 2-3 goals per game by default, just because they have McDrai on the ice.

Vancouver struggles to put up 20 shots

They'll need to score minimum 3-4 goals per game, just to have a chance to win.

Edmonton in 5 tops

This fella gets, we are not hating on the Vancouver Canuck’s, we are just pointing out the facts.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
How was Lindholm's game? Wasn't he picked up to basically smother the oppositions top line? Do you think he can neutralize McDavid? Like keep him at +/- neutral.
He didn't have a ton of success with this last time he tried and he was on the ice with way better 5 on 5 players.

Reactions: soothsayer

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He didn't have a ton of success with this last time he tried and he was on the ice with way better 5 on 5 players.
He's also regressed since then sadly, at least offensively but still annoying to play against since he's pretty committed defensively.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Actually untrue, the Oilers faded in both of the games where they lost badly and were (analytically) demonstrably better in both of the games that were tied or close for the majority.
Thank god analytics doesnt win the cup otherwise Oilers have a dynasty of a team as analytic darlings.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The Oilers allowed fewer shots, shot attempts, scoring chances, and high danger scoring chances than Nashville at even strength this season, and allowed the same number of goals against.
Wait, oilers fans said regular season doesn't matter. So which is it?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Edmonton is good for 2-3 goals per game by default, just because they have McDrai on the ice.

Vancouver struggles to put up 20 shots

They'll need to score minimum 3-4 goals per game, just to have a chance to win.

Edmonton in 5 tops
The Canucks played a stifling team that was literally diving in front of shots. The Avs on the other hand played a team whose defence and goaltending was weaker than a Chinese dam. It will be different when Edmonton returns to Vancouver and attempts to beat Vancouver for the first time since early 2023.

Reactions: ddawg1950

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He was on the 1st line in calgary, he plays 3rd line for Vancouver which means 3rd pairing dmen like ceci

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'll take a long ago memory to the cold, empty abyss. :cool:

In the land of rioting after dropping two series leads in the Finals, 0 Cups is best.

I am a Flames fan and I am cheering for McDavid, this kind of generational player comes after a long time.

Hey, I said half of you, to be fair.

I know some of you have sense enough to hate the Canucks. :D

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Yeah if Demko is net, advantage Canucks. Oilers fans talk tough, but quietly they are relieved that Demko is injured. And they should be. He was the second best goalie in the league this year.
Oilers fan, can confirm. I think this series is a toss up with him in net (and healthy). Especially if Petterson becomes a human again but, I suspect he is getting rattled by the lack of time and space he has in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad