Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Moose112

Dec 9, 2018
Happy for this early shit-talk thread so I can get some ignore's in before the series starts.

As an Oiler fan, this series makes me nervous. I put the Oilers odds around 53-47 so basically could go either way.

Good luck Canuck fans. It should be fun and also hell.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I thought Nashville looked awful in that series and I'm sure a lot of fans who watched it would agree. They basically had to turtle all series because they have nothing going for them offensively.

They are a 1 line offensive team yes, but defensively they played very well in this series. They have big bodies on the back-end, they are very physical & they eliminated the guts of the ice better than alot of teams have in the playoffs thus-far.

Its a credit to coaching imo, they got alot of out of that group.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe one thing we can all agree on.

The NHL will do their best to figure out how to eliminate both Canadian teams in one series.
Oilers win but Canucks are allowed to injure people is probably the strategy we see from Bettman.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They are a 1 line offensive team yes, but defensively they played very well in this series. They have big bodies on the back-end, they are very physical & they eliminated the guts of the ice better than alot of teams have in the playoffs thus-far.

Its a credit to coaching imo, they got alot of out of that group.
I'd argue Vancouver played into that quite a bit because they couldn't figure out how to penetrate Nashville collapsing into the middle ice. They gave them so much time on the perimeter, but for most of the series the Canucks were content with just whipping the puck around the perimeter and then trying a perimeter shot into 5 guys clogging up the slot. Nashville played well defensively, but this wasn't some elite master class performance. The Canucks just really didn't perform very well offensively.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah SNO cause that's where Oiler games are broadcast on. Christ
And you can have Shithouse AND Singh. Just another F U to Edmonton that all 16 teams get there home announcer except us. Sadled with bullshit.

They are sure to have Singh call every single game of this series. Purely because both fanbases seem to absolutely hate him and think he's a "homer" for somebody else. :laugh:

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad