Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Regular season is different than playoff hockey, see the Jets and Avs.

The Oilers PP is very hot right now, one thing is that McDavid probably did not play at 100% because he did not need to.

If McDavid plays at 100%, it's over.
Yes the playoffs are different, far less power play opportunities.

scliff

Nov 28, 2009
Can't wait for this series to start. Was hoping to face the canucks...so much more on the line than vs Nashville. Oilers in 6.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nashville has a Norris nominee and a vezina caliver goalie. What did LA had?? 90 year old doughboy who should ve retired?

Defence is played by teams not individuals. LA was the better defensive team all year, can’t deny the stats. And Saro was mediocre all year.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Meh. It hasn’t been over when he played at 100% the last few seasons and the Oilers got bounced out of the playoffs. He will need a lot of help.
Colorado and Vegas are/were signifigantly harder tests than Vancouver and McDavid/Draisaitl were not the problems in those series.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Skinner can handle a large work load. Silovs still hasn't proven he can. when Demko was injured, Silovs was an .881 goaltender. When he plays 3 or 4 games in a row, his play will likely deteriorate. I hope he can keep it up, but my head tells me he probly can't. That's why the Oilers should be heavy favorites here.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Are the 4 games we played this season not objective and statistical?
3 of those games happened early in the season under a different coaching staff. Saying a team is garbage defensively in a 4 game sample size when the entire 82 game sample size says otherwise is just…silly.

Reactions: Dieseloil

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Regular season is different than playoff hockey, see the Jets and Avs.

The Oilers PP is very hot right now, one thing is that McDavid probably did not play at 100% because he did not need to.

If McDavid plays at 100%, it's over.
You keep refering to jets vs. Avs. Avs have a championship pedigree and winning culture that Edmonton lacks. Why you think Oilers still havent gone to finals? Avs can turn it on at will, Oilers arent even in the same stratosphere as Avs or K
I watched 4/5 games, I don't think LA did as good a job defending as Nashville did.

Edmonton is a faster team than Vancouver which factors in it but LA kinda lost their identity while Nashville made everything a life & death battle. Fronting every shot, taking away the crease on every possession, phenomenal goaltending in the big moments. Nashville was more of an offensive team in the regular season but I think they were better defensively in the playoffs than LA.

I guess we'll see who's right/wrong (new series are also a total reset), but Nashville was much more impressive as a unit than LA imo.
So true, Nashville was a way tougher team than people here give them credit for. They are much better than LA and they had the 2nd best record in the league after christmas break. LA was a terrible team after christmas break and almost missed the playoffs

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
It would be nice if they either split the series with Shorthouse calling Vancouver home games and Singh for Edmonton. That, or just have Shorty call on SNP and Singh on SNO or whichever.

Sadly, I think Shorty already signed off. So we're likely getting Singh.

Yeah SNO cause that's where Oiler games are broadcast on. Christ
And you can have Shithouse AND Singh. Just another F U to Edmonton that all 16 teams get there home announcer except us. Sadled with bullshit.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
3 of those games happened early in the season under a different coaching staff. Saying a team is garbage defensively in a 4 game sample size when the entire 82 game sample size says otherwise is just…silly.
It’s actually objective and statistical. Make sure you use it properly next time before trying to look bright.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Skinner can handle a large work load. Silovs still hasn't proven he can. when Demko was injured, Silovs was an .881 goaltender. When he plays 3 or 4 games in a row, his play will likely deteriorate. I hope he can keep it up, but my head tells me he probly can't. That's why the Oilers should be heavy favorites here.
We have both DeSmith and Silovs. If Silovs gets tired, we will put in DeSmith

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Zadorov will deliver such a big hit to McDavid that he will become gun shy all series
lmao, you should have seen Zadorov trying to do exactly that in 2022 en route to Edmonton in 5

Vancouver D are far too slow and simply not talented enough to contain playoff McDavid. He will feast.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Colorado and Vegas are/were signifigantly harder tests than Vancouver and McDavid/Draisaitl were not the problems in those series.
Sure. And they’d be significantly harder tests for the Canucks than the Oilers too.
Two pretty evenly balanced teams imo despite the Canucks having more points.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Nashville laid 167 hits, average of 28 hits a game.
LA laid 212 hits, average of 42 a game.
Edmonton had an intensely physical series.

You see some of the hits Zadorov laid, and some of the double teams on Hughes. Not all hits are created equal. Yes your right LA was definitely physical but as far as every inch of open ice & every lose puck being a life or death battle, I feel like Nashville did a better job than LA.

The only times at 5 on 5 Nashville wasn't perfect around their crease it lead to game winning goals. You gotta give them credit.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
He just played 3 in a row including flying over 4000 miles return and looked fantastic tonight.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
You keep refering to jets vs. Avs. Avs have a championship pedigree and winning culture that Edmonton lacks. Why you think Oilers still havent gone to finals? Avs can turn it on at will, Oilers arent even in the same stratosphere as Avs or K

So true, Nashville was a way tougher team than people here give them credit for. They are much better than LA and they had the 2nd best record in the league after christmas break. LA was a terrible team after christmas break and almost missed the playoffs
They were more frustrating than LA….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad