Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
you keep goin on as if this situation is mentioned in the rules. he doesn't jump INTO the player. he jumps as the player is hitting him. it's not outlined specifically in the rules, every media has stated they haven't seen a player with the puck getting a charging call. it is a weird call and a stretch of the rules.

find a single instance of this being called before, and sure, you win, but you're talking as if this is a routine thing. it's not.

there are multiple instances of players jumpin when about to be hit, especially against the boards.. ..like a lot.

buddy dropped and the ref hit the whistle.

It's strange that someone is literally the only one arguing for this call as if he's Ron MacLean on TV.

I would be less surprised on a stick measure penalty than this actual "charging" call.

That is how outrageous this call seems to be for me.

Reactions: bcbill

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
PLease tell me exactly what he should have done there in that split second??

He stays on his feet and leans in for a nice reverse hit and he's perfectly fine, Foegele still goes tumbling, and everyone on here can quit all the whining about the penalty for a little while.

You can certainly tell who won the game last night just by doing a scan of who is posting. You wouldn't be showing your face in here for 2 days had they lost.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Not. Leave. His. Feet… that is all he did wrong.

Just because he is about to get lambasted does not allow him to initiate a reverse hit WHILE LEAVING HIS FEET PRIOR TO CONTACT and it be legal because he was in a position to get hit.
McDavid left his feet when he dove. Guess he should be called for 2 penalties, charging and diving. You also dont seem to get that Perersson jumped straight up and never initiated contact. So i guess referees will call boarding penalties on the victims now instead of the hitter if the hitter gets hurt. This is some topsy turvey theory by an Avs fan.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
you keep goin on as if this situation is mentioned in the rules. he doesn't jump INTO the player. he jumps as the player is hitting him. it's not outlined specifically in the rules, every media has stated they haven't seen a player with the puck getting a charging call. it is a weird call and a stretch of the rules.

find a single instance of this being called before, and sure, you win, but you're talking as if this is a routine thing. it's not.

there are multiple instances of players jumpin when about to be hit, especially against the boards.. ..like a lot.

buddy dropped and the ref hit the whistle.
I’m not looking to “win”. I am stating why I understand the call and think it was deserved.

Counterpoint, show me all the charging penalties and that this has never happened. You rightfully wont, it’s a waste of time as would it be for me to look through every charge to find an exact instance to this. Your asking for something I and no other person would do.

I’ve already addressed the “skating into” point you are trying to make. You can skate into a player, you cannot jump into them. He meant to hit the player and he jumped, I’ve said this multiple times yet keep getting mid-quoted.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He stays on his feet and leans in for a nice reverse hit and he's perfectly fine, Foegele still goes tumbling, and everyone on here can quit all the whining about the penalty for a little while.

You can certainly tell who won the game last night just by doing a scan of who is posting. You wouldn't be showing your face in here for 2 days had they lost.
Even when Canucks lost, i still showed my face because i know that Canucks didnt play well when they lost unlike how others would make excuses.

Reactions: bcbill

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I’m not looking to “win”. I am stating why I understand the call and think it was deserved.

Counterpoint, show me all the charging penalties and that this has never happened. You rightfully wont, it’s a waste of time as would it be for me to look through every charge to find an exact instance to this. Your asking for something I and no other person would do.

I’ve already addressed the “skating into” point you are trying to make. You can skate into a player, you cannot jump into them. He meant to hit the player and he jumped, I’ve said this multiple times yet keep getting mid-quoted.

You cannot possibly find another instance of a player being called this penalty by just jumping vertically and not going in any directions.

When you see McDavid coming you best get out the way.

Two minutes minor penalty for diving!

• Haha
Reactions: crazychimp

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
McDavid left his feet when he dove. Guess he should be called for 2 penalties, charging and diving. You also dont seem to get that Perersson jumped straight up and never initiated contact. So i guess referees will call boarding penalties on the victims now instead of the hitter if the hitter gets hurt. This is some topsy turvey theory by an Avs fan.
cool, I can see youre thinking rationally by integrating a presumed dive into the conversation. Mcdavid didn’t attempt body contact, there’s no world where either is comparable.

One last time,
- PETTERSON initiates a reverse hit
-PETTERSON leaves his feet prior to the hit

There is no “well he was gonna get hit so whaddayado”! Hits happen all the time, take the hit or do the same thing WITH YOUR FEET PLANTED!

Last edited by a moderator:

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

Can’t believe Miro got away with this egregious charge

You must be relatively new to hockey. Don’t know what a “reverse hit” is? It’s a check where the intended “hittee” hits the intended “hitter”. Usually the “hittee” has puck posession. This sequence is neither. As well, the “hitter” did not leave their feet when initiating the contact.

In summary, these are not comparable,it appears obvious now why you are confused.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You must be relatively new to hockey. Don’t know what a “reverse hit” is? It’s a check where the intended “hittee” hits the intended “hitter”. Usually the “hittee” has puck posession. This sequence is neither. As well, the “hitter” did not leave their feet when initiating the contact.

In summary, it appears obvious now why you are confused.
He left his feet, he “initiated” contact as much as Petey did.

https://youtube.com/shorts/x2B8GbTnav4?si=ijBzdsCA1tS8NJ41

Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I don't think you could find a more dissimilar play if you tried.
That was the point tbh, find a hit with the same stupid criteria “he jumped!” Where someone else was the one moving towards the player who jumped.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The mental hoops that some people are jumping through to justify that absolutely terrible call are ... something.

It's not a penalty by how the rule is written. It's not a penalty by how the rule has ever been interpreted. End of story.

Jumping when you're standing still is not 'charging'.

At the end of the day, it's a penalty. We can argue semantics on it being called a Charging penalty, but it's still a pretty obvious call using Interference, Elbowing, Hit to the head, a number of other names. You can't just jump into a hit, or if you're going to do it, make it less obvious.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Seems pretty clear to me which coach has got his team executing their gameplan and getting buy in throughout the roster. Oilers have had a real tough time breaking out of their zone this series minus game 4. They've got two D that can make a good breakout pass, Canucks have had the right idea forechecking the shit out of this blueline rather than the Kings who tried to sit back in the 1-3-1.

Vancouver winning the physical battle wasn't really what I expected though, goes to show the value of having some big mobile beef on the backend in the playoffs.
Tyler Myers has been a revelation this season. He’s actually using his size and stick length properly. The biggest criticism of Myers before this season has been his inability to effectively use his size to his advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad