Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Sounds identical to game 4.

At the end of the day, the Oilers lost. Everything else is irrelevant. Give full credit to the Canucks. Their best players were their best players. Oilers best players were their worst. So much for the Oilers running away with this series. They are on the cusp of being eliminated from these playoffs, again.
That was the whole point.

He insisted vehemently on this after game 4, but now that the shoe is on the other foot I suspect that's suddenly not how he sees it anymore.

Reactions: MikeK

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
After watching the game again, I think McDavid is right, Canucks just got a few lucky bounces.

Canucks need to regroup and refocus if they want any shot at winning this series, if they don't, Oilers will take the series Saturday night.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mcdrai looked gassed last night. All the mins and hits finally catching up?
van def looked like the better team. Was hoping for a rope a dope undeserved win on the road but it wasn't in the cards.

At least I don't have to blame poor goaltending this summer. Pickard has been great.

Reactions: Bgav

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know if the Oilers group had so much confidence in Pickard that they thought they could win with 2 goals or what. Everyone begging for Oilers goaltending to just make a couple big saves and or timely saves, and then when we get them the team just doesn't respond.

Props to Nucks really took it to the Oil last night.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
After watching the game again, I think McDavid is right, Canucks just got a few lucky bounces.

Canucks need to regroup and refocus if they want any shot at winning this series, if they don't, Oilers will take the series Saturday night.

Huh? The Oilers had possession of the puck maybe 20 percent of the time for the second and third periods. They could barely enter the zone. What I saw was the Canucks dominating for two full periods, and Pickard nearly stealing a game.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I think you got the teams inverted in your post

Huh? The Oilers had possession of the puck maybe 20 percent of the time for the second and third periods. They could barely enter the zone. What I saw was the Canucks dominating for two full periods, and Pickard nearly stealing a game.

But according to McDavid and Knoblauch, they played great.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingRentFree

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not going to comment on specific calls, but I will say I think the Canucks got the short end of the stick last night by the refs. It was nice that they put their whistles away towards the mid point of the 3rd though.

Canucks were notably the better team for the last 40 minutes of the game. It didn't really seem to matter who was on the ice, they would turn it up quick and start pressuring. Obvious Edmonton still had their chances, but they looked spent.

With that said, that means nothing going in to Game 6. Canucks looked pretty spend in Game 4, and they managed to pull it together nicely for Game 5 after an abysmal start (partially due to penalties). I am hopeful the Canucks can end this in 6, but, if I put my neutral fan hat on for a moment, I have a feeling this series goes 7.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Vancouver leads the series despite the Officials attempts to gift Edmonton copious opportunities with the brutal act that they call officiating. The NHL needs to address the idiots in black and white.
I always gain so much more respect for posters that whine about officiating

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015

What’s going on in this post?

Reactions: Tralfamadore

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
That's why you don't throw 4-1 leads down the drain. You won't be better every game, so you need to win the games you are better in.

The mental/performance issues this team has, I'm half a mind to not care if we lose in 7 anymore. Now this just feels like a race to get swept in the next round. Turned a fairly easier series into a slog and most likely a loss.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
That was the best I've seen a PK play against our PP in consecutive attempts in a long time. Very aggressive, active sticks, props to them. The game probably changes if we pot on our two on our early PP chances, then Vancouver took over the game. Pickard played very well to keep it close, I thought we might've been able to steal that game but the better team won last night. Onto game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad