Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
What's the actual standard for that play? Seems like a horrible call at a glance but it doesnt happen often with a jump so could be by the rule book?
Honestly I’m not 100% certain, how I interpret it is if a player leaves their feet while initiating a hit it is interference, that is in the first paragraph. The next one then mentions a travelling distance. I’m sure a jaded nucks fan will post it, I don’t care enough to lol. To me, any time a player leaves their feet to initiate a hit it should be a penalty.
people keep posting one line from the rulebook and missing the part that defines charging as needing distance travelled

it was a completely ridiculous penalty and one of the worst this playoffs.
See above. Regardless, “one of the worst” is complete overreaction and overly dramatic.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Man I really thought the Oilers would win this series but since game 1 it's been clear this isn't going to go the way I thought.

The goalie problems, blown leads, inability to follow up a great game and take a stranglehold of the series.. it's like last year all over again.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
McDavid left his feet too, but he didn't get a charging call, he got a power play
Honestly I didn’t see this one. Was it leaving feet to initiate a hit and left feet feet prior to contact, like Pete’s? I wouldn’t be overly surprised if only one was called either way.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
people keep posting one line from the rulebook and missing the part that defines charging as needing distance travelled

it was a completely ridiculous penalty and one of the worst this playoffs.
The way it was called it wasn’t Kronwall like either. I don’t think a single member on this board has ever seen a penalty like that called on a small forward in a playoff game no less. What was he supposed to do in that case other than brace for it the way he did? The only other option would be for him to get rolled.

The rule also states if the charge is “violently” made then it’s considered a penalty.

What part of that was violent in any way?

Last edited:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Honestly I’m not 100% certain, how I interpret it is if a player leaves their feet while initiating a hit it is interference, that is in the first paragraph. The next one then mentions a travelling distance. I’m sure a jaded nucks fan will post it, I don’t care enough to lol. To me, any time a player leaves their feet to initiate a hit it should be a penalty.

See above. Regardless, “one of the worst” is complete overreaction and overly dramatic.
He didn't initiate the hit so even "to you" it shouldn't be a penalty.

One of the worst was already moderating it. It's the second-worst call of the playoffs so far after the Bennett no-call, that luckily did not affect the outcome of the game.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Knoblauch: I am paid to relay what McDavid wants, and to get fired in a few years.
Wait until McDavid leaves. Edmonton is wasting the careers of two generational talents and it’s incredible to see. I love Chiarelli and Holland so much as an outside fan xD

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
He didn't initiate the hit so even "to you" it shouldn't be a penalty.

One of the worst was already moderating it. It's the second-worst call of the playoffs so far after the Bennett no-call, that luckily did not affect the outcome of the game.
Fake news. He was clearly attempting a reverse hit. He wasn’t trying to move out of the way lol.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Game 5 penalty recap:

Suter GI - pushed in, BS call
Hughes DOG - legit
Cole holding - soft for playoff standards and Garland got held pretty much the same amount on the Oilers' 2nd goal, BS call
Myers roughing - if they just called the holding the stick penalty on Janmark this wouldn't have happened, BS call
Pettersson charge - get rekt
Joshua interference - McDavid with a swan dive, BS call

Hymen HTS - moronic penalty, clear as day
Janmark - not much of a hockey player, should maybe take up acting
Foegele Int - idiot penalty by an idiot player, good call
Kane slashing - see above
Kulak tripping - "can't do that"

So that's 4 BS calls on the Canucks plus multiple dives by the Oilers.

Add in the BS suspension, the missed high-stick double-minor, the missed slew foots, the missed suspension on Hymen's high-stick, the missed suspension on Kane's high-stick, and it's a miracle the Canucks are up in this series.

Incredible.

Remarkable.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Fake news. He had literally just played the puck. He's not required to move out of the way from a place he was already inhabiting for several seconds before he was hit.
That is why it was a reverse hit. It wasn’t because he hit him while skating backwards!

I guess he wasn’t trying to hit him? Players that are inhabiting ice always jump around, that’s normal?

If you can’t even admit he was attempting to hit then we should just move on lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Red

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I see Petey got called for charging when he got hit in the numbers.

I think the league and the refs need to hide their biased agenda against the 'nucks a bit better. The posts decrying "conspiracy" are the ones looking tinhat foolish.
If you ask Oilet fans here it's a legit penalty. During the game however it was a different story. Both teams coaches, the players, and the colour guys were confused as to what the penalty was.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Fake news. He was clearly attempting a reverse hit. He wasn’t trying to move out of the way lol.
Agreed. It looked weird in real time. And Petey leaving his feet like that for a reverse hit is just an unusual sight.

But, whatever you want to call it - charging, interference, elbow, roughing - it doesn’t matter. You can’t leave your feet and hit someone high. Period.

Thankfully it had no effect on the outcome, so I don’t know why fans can’t just drop it.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Had McDavid thrown that reverse hit, Oilers fans would be excited.

Had Pettersson dove like McDavid, Oilers fans would be mad there wasn't a diving call made.

Homer glasses needs to be less tinted for a lot of people IMO.

"Missed calls" happens on the ice for and against both teams. But bad and horrible calls needs to be called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad