Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I'd be surprised if they re-sign him with all the other free agents they need to sign with limited cap space. The OEL buyout is about to start cutting into their cap space a good bit the next few years as well. 2.35M next year and then 4.8M each of the 2 seasons after.
Filip Hronek turned down a $6.5M AAV deal after the ASG and reportedly wants $8M.

I think this management group likes Lindholm. Rutherford would not have hesitated to flip him at the trade deadline if they were that concerned about his post-trade slump, he has done that before. I would bet that they extend an offer before July 1st.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
"Some other team in another league won the Cup over 100 years ago but since our team has done nothing but lose in the Finals a few times over 50+ years of futility we're going to take credit for it"

It might be a bit too long to fit on the banner :sarcasm:

It's even worse than that because the real sad part about it is that other team likely wasn't even good enough to win the cup in that other league if all the prime talent wasn't halfway across the globe in an allied trench in WW1.

That's like. Wow. Levels to that copium.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
too bad the mods and admins can not reveal infraction and bans for this thread. 30 fan bases against the canucks fan base.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Ah yes

Two more goals than Vegas
One more than Florida
Two more than Boston

So I guess they were better than those teams, right? What a riot

Can you let me know where I said they were better than those listed teams?

Just flagging the suggestion of the Preds being arguably the worst offensive team in the playoffs seems odd, when they’ve produced more offence than nearly half the playoff teams over an 82 game sample.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Ok, he's an ok defensive player who was once heralded as an elite defensive player, which he never was. That was the point im getting at. He's not shutting down any top players like the post I responded to was asking.

No, you said he's not good defensively, never has been. Own your shit

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He's fire, straight up top 5 PBP right now after Forslund and that Bob Wischuen bloke on ESPN who is the best PBP in the game of hockey.

No problem mate, I just don't understand why Oiler fans don't listen to me. I'm right like 98% of the time.

He straight-up misses plays. I don't even think he is trying to biased here, he cannot follow the play. I think Oilers fans are familiar with this. Sometimes he just does not understand what is happening on the ice. I'd rather have the other Oilers guy do PBP, that guy is twice as biased but at least he's a damn f***ing good commentator.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can you let me know where I said they were better than those listed teams?

Just flagging the suggestion of the Preds being arguably the worst offensive team in the playoffs seems odd, when they’ve produced more offence than nearly half the playoff teams over an 82 game sample.
Nashville's problem the last several years has been the offence they've been able to produce once the playoffs start, which is a more relevant sample than an 82 game regular season imo.

He straight-up misses plays. I don't even think he is trying to biased here, he cannot follow the play. I'd rather have the other Oilers guy do PBP, that guy is twice as biased but at least he's a damn f***ing good commentator.
Let's not get crazy. Jack Michaels also regularly misses plays; not because he can't keep up, but because he's busy talking about Rocky or whatever.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Nashville's problem the last several years has been the offence they've been able to produce once the playoffs start, which is a more relevant sample than an 82 game regular season imo.

Let's not get crazy. Jack Michaels also regularly misses plays; not because he can't keep up, but because he's busy talking about Rocky or whatever.
But still Jack Michaels >>>> Harnarayan Singh

IDK why Shorthouse wouldn't be doing games over Singh since he is seniority, and Vancouver is a bigger market than Edmonton.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Silovs already has more playoffs “experience“ than Desmith and with 2 more games played will match Demko. Has also played more playoffs game with a crowd than both Demko and Desmith.

We’ll see how this series go but this kid is making the most of this opportunity and making a name for himself.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
But still Jack Michaels >>>> Harnarayan Singh

IDK why Shorthouse wouldn't be doing games over Singh since he is seniority, and Vancouver is a bigger market than Edmonton.
Personally hoping the Leafs lose so we get Cuthbert or I'll be able to find a TNT feed.

Reactions: WTG

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I expect a long series (six or seven games), but I think the Oilers will win out. (And no, I won't be changing my mind if the Oil lose game one.)

Even if we call their top-end scorers about even, I think the Oilers have more gritty, veteran-type guys (Kane, Ekholm, Perry, Ryan... if he plays) than Vancouver, and I think the experience and grit will be a factor in a series like this with such high-pressure on the teams.

The Oilers' top guys are also really, really hungry and desperate for another crack at getting through the final 4. I think the Canucks' mentality is more like, 'Thank God we got through the first round with our back-up goalies'.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I never said mortgaged a lot of futures. I said they've traded futures for rentals which they did. I didn't say they emptied the farm for this run.

The point I'm making is the Canucks should expect more than to just be happy to be in a series with the Oilers if you're trading 1st round picks for rentals. Some Canucks fans are acting like if they get swept by the Oilers they've already exceeded all expectations. If that was the expectations, why are you trading 1st round picks for rentals? You don't see Washington trading their 1st round pick for rentals this year.

The Canucks gave up very little and the team was first in the league when they made those deals.

This Canucks season has bought a lot of good will from the fanbase. The Canucks already have exceeded all expectations, they were a bubble team, then a team with a hot start, then a team on a PDO bender, then a team with a lucky first half, then a team clearly regressing, then a bunch of frauds who can't score in tight games, then a sure fire upset in the first round, then a team that will definitely lose to the Oilers in their game 4, then a team who has no chance against a hot Preds team, then a team who can't win 4 games when they only take 15 shots, then a team who stands no chance against the Oilers. Who knows how far they can go.

You make those trades because who knows what can happen in the playoffs.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I never said mortgaged a lot of futures. I said they've traded futures for rentals which they did. I didn't say they emptied the farm for this run.

The point I'm making is the Canucks should expect more than to just be happy to be in a series with the Oilers if you're trading 1st round picks for rentals. Some Canucks fans are acting like if they get swept by the Oilers they've already exceeded all expectations. If that was the expectations, why are you trading 1st round picks for rentals? You don't see Washington trading their 1st round pick for rentals this year.

Honestly dude, the last time we were in a second round was 13 years ago, that was the 2011 cup run. Those prospects got us through the first round with Lindholm and Zadorov both scoring game winning goals. I’d take that any day. Imagine not doing anything and getting bounced in the first round, now its anybody’s game.

Those first round picks and prospects are worth it, we’ve waited long enough and a late round pick isin’t gonna make a difference now.

We are not the Buffalo Sabres churning prospects every damn time, the rentals are worth it, our core players are already at their prime. Now its about getting then a good supporting cast, not some late round pick 18 year kid that won’t likely make it.

I think you of all people as a Leafs fan know how hard it is to get out of the first round. You make the moves so you get that chance to advance. Imagine if the Leafs had made a move for a goalie or a defensemen during those straight first round elimination days. Prospects don’t mean shit anymore, let alone late round picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I expect a long series (six or seven games), but I think the Oilers will win out. (And no, I won't be changing my mind if the Oil lose game one.)

Even if we call their top-end scorers about even, I think the Oilers have more gritty, veteran-type guys (Kane, Ekholm, Perry, Ryan... if he plays) than Vancouver, and I think the experience and grit will be a factor in a series like this with such high-pressure on the teams.

The Oilers' top guys are also really, really hungry and desperate for another crack at getting through the final 4. I think the Canucks' mentality is more like, 'Thank God we got through the first round with our back-up goalies'.
as long as skinner can hold the fort, edm should win this. Their pp alone will be a massive advantage unless edm’s pk also collapses.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Vancouver can't score goals. They lost their number 1 goaltender. They are about to face a pumped up offensive juggernaut that must go deep this year. There is no way they win this series.

I went with Edmonton in 6 but I'm being very conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad