Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
For the record, I don’t think there’s any bias and bad calls have gone both ways. Not just in this series. I do think the officials are woefully incompetent and among the worst in professional sport. And game management absolutely exists.

I do think that this Soucy incident is trial by media at its worst, and that the likes of Button, Spector and Seravalli have put pressure on the league with hyperbolic statements like ‘they wouldn’t be doing their job if there’s no suspension’, while remaining quiet about other incidents that merit discussion.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Spittin chiclets is so unbearable.

Pat McAfee is everything they aspire to be but Pat is actually good
I actually like listening to Biz and Whitney pretty funny guys that Murls guy is a turd however, but this series is war with us Canucks fans and Spittin Chiclets after Whitney’s call out. When he takes care of his family matters (honestly family comes first) it’s back on after that.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Is overplaying the Oilers’ top guys going to backfire on them? I don’t think McDavid really got into top-gear for the entire 3rd period last game: which is understandable has he was played over 13 minutes. Those guys must already be exhausted in this series.

Royal Puck

Mar 6, 2015
I'm a neutral hockey fan but follow the Canucks the closest due to location... but can someone explain to me why Hyman/Ryan get zero discipline? Both outcomes had worse consequences than the McDavid crosscheck.....

Not to mention well known-scumbag Evander Kane who swung his foot like he was kicking a soccer ball, that just happened to be the back of Zadorovs head. Loved seeing those pearly whites turn into a frown. I hope big Buff tossed up 2 middle fingers at you watching that shit.

This league is wack.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Is overplaying the Oilers’ top guys going to backfire on them? I don’t think McDavid really got into top-gear for the entire 3rd period last game: which is understandable has he was played over 13 minutes. Those guys must already be exhausted in this series.

Canucks had this conundrum early in the Luongo era vs the Stars. AV didn't have a lot of firepower so instead of having a balanced 2 lines with Naslund and the Sedins, he put them all together.

It worked, but, it should be noted, the Canucks were a lot more defensively sound vs the Oilers.

But the Oilers might be able to run and gun their way through, still. Series is still early.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I'm a neutral hockey fan but follow the Canucks the closest due to location... but can someone explain to me why Hyman/Ryan get zero discipline? Both outcomes had worse consequences than the McDavid crosscheck.....

Not to mention well known-scumbag Evander Kane who swung his foot like he was kicking a soccer ball, that just happened to be the back of Zadorovs head. Loved seeing those pearly whites turn into a frown. I hope big Buff tossed up 2 middle fingers at you watching that shit.

This league is wack.
Good question. Would love to hear a Oiler fans explanation .

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I'm a neutral hockey fan but follow the Canucks the closest due to location... but can someone explain to me why Hyman/Ryan get zero discipline?

The league has to protect their star players. If McDavid was the modern day equivalent of (EDIT: wow, brainfart) Ryan Smyth I doubt there'd be anything made about this.

I'm not saying that this is an Oilers thing, either. If it happened to Matthews, Ovechkin, etc. same thing would be happening. The top-tier players get treated differently.

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

This league is wack.

You do not sound like a neutral hockey fan in the slightest.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Don't you know, Jay Woodcroft was forcing them to play badly! And McDavid was hurt for the division crown game.... nevermind that the Canucks have had their backup in for 5 out of 7 of those games

They played their backup? Against the Oilers?

I've never heard anything like that happening before.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Good question. Would love to hear a Oiler fans explanation .

Because McDavid could have been killed!! I thought it looked more glove than stick, but only watched it once or twice. Zadorov needed stiches, turns out Hoglander might not be able to have children anymore... but you know man McDavid.

The Evander Kane foot swing was the most dangerous thing by far. I'd love to see a slow-mo on that one. Damn near attempted murder on the Russian.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The league has to protect their star players. If McDavid was the modern day equivalent of Jason Smyth I doubt there'd be anything made about this.

I'm not saying that this is an Oilers thing, either. If it happened to Matthews, Ovechkin, etc. same thing would be happening. The top-tier players get treated differently.
Would be nice if it applied to this years Norris winner too.

Royal Puck

Mar 6, 2015
You do not sound like a neutral hockey fan in the slightest.

Sorry I worded it wrong, neutral fan, follows the Canucks the closest and HATES the Oilers with a passion.

But... I'm pretty sure I'm like anyone in the world, who isn't an Edmonton local, or a star player bandwagoner. At least Edmonton natives don't really have a choice, the latter have to be dumb to think they'll ever win with that core/depth.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Would be nice if it applied to this years Norris winner too.

Hughes is great and all, but

- he hasn't won the Norris yet (although he's prolly the most likely candidate)
- he's not the 'marketable face' of the league. Maybe he gets there. But he's not in the tier of guys like Crosby or whomever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad