Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
It is one thing to get beat down in a fight, it is another to get cross-checked in the face....

There are limits to what is allowed in a scrum; we don't want a new Bertuzi incident (and no, I am not comparing this scrum with that incident; I'm just saying that there is a limit to how things can escalate).
Soucy didn't target his face, he hit his face after Zadorov knocked him down. The cross check to the face was unfortunate, and he will get suspended for it. Shit happens.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Soucy didn't target his face, he hit his face after Zadorov knocked him down. The cross check to the face was unfortunate, and he will get suspended for it. Shit happens.
Again, it doesn't matter.

The NHl has always maintained that the stick is a weapon and it is the player's responsibility to always be carefull with it.

As I said few times, Kassian didn't target Gagner's face, he was careless. Yet, he was suspended, and rightfully so... Same thing happens in the real world, "no intent" is not the same as "no responsibility", the intent/intent does influence the severity of the penalty, but does not completely absolve one of fault.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I’ll say one thing, and I’m far from an Oilers fan. We can call him all the cute names we want, but IF McDavid makes it to free agency two years from now, there will be 25+ teams lined up with a max contract offer.

He's the best player in the world, AINEC.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Edmonton fans are paying for the bad vibes they sowed by not cheering for Vancouver in 2011. When all of BC cheered for Edmonton in 2006. That's what I seen at least. Every bar or restaurant had Oilers games on volume. And ppl cheering when they scored.

Reactions: Nopefully

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

The NHl has always maintained that the stick is a weapon and it is the player's responsibility to always be carefull with it.
The NHL literally apologized when Eakin tried a "normal" cross-check on Pavelski but the latter ended up injured because of something Stasny did. Of course that wasn't after the whistle but still, a precedent of sorts.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I’ll say one thing, and I’m far from an Oilers fan. We can call him all the cute names we want, but IF McDavid makes it to free agency two years from now, there will be 25+ teams lined up with a max contract offer.

He's the best player in the world, AINEC.
I think McD might stay on a 4-5 year deal. Draisitle maybe not

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
getting outshot and outchanced to the degree that Soucy's pairing is can only succeed for so long. Edmonton hit five posts last night, maybe next game three of those go in instead and it's a completely different game.

I'm going to propose a unique solution to last night's fracas, let's just agree to suspend Cody Ceci for the duration of the series.
agree but as long as were leading or tied and Tocchet is able to deploy Soucy Myers to do what they are and the Oilers top line doesn't light up Silovs it's a massive success.

The Canucks are perfectly happy to let that duo absorb jabs from the outside in a sound defensive posture while letting their size and strength deliver as much punishment as possible.

It's hardly a shot at Soucy who is a really good defenseman for doing a fantastic job to date. It would be much worse trying to worry about shot metrics and scoring chance trade offs which the other poster was trying to criticize him for and would also rely on the forwards doing more than just dumping and retreating

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Sure, but one of the few scrums where a player gets crosschecked into the teeths...

The Nucks fans should stop looking for excusses for their players, like McD fell into the crosscheck into the face.....
McDavid getting hit in the face wasn't intentional, it was a series of events that not one was egregious but led to him getting hit in the face. Soucy first pushed Hyman away, McDavid was there and Soucy pushed him away too, like a lot of scrums McDavid off balanced reacted, swing his stick but that was not hard or a big deal, Soucy reacted pushed McDavid again and again McDavid was off balance, Zadorov shoved McDavid when he was off balance, which wasn't hard either, it was just unfortunate that when Soucy was gonna shove McDavid the 3rd time he was off balance and falling from the Zadorov shove . Like I said a series of events that not one was harsh but led to this stupid hit in the face which was probably as hard as that McDavid stick to Hughes face. But Soucy will get 1 game for this.
Ryan/Perry should then have got a game for that intentional nut slash as should have Nurse and Myers for those viscous crosscheck/boarding hits that led to both Pettersson and Hyman flying head first into the boards.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

As I said few times, Kassian didn't target Gagner's face, he was careless. Yet, he was suspended, and rightfully so... Same thing happens in the real world, "no intent" is not the same as "no responsibility", the intent/intent does influence the severity of the penalty, but does not completely absolve one of fault.
Nor did I say it matters if you read my post. It's too bad he hit him in the face, it wasn;t the intent, but he will still serve a game for it.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

1715627190394.png

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Canucks really out here making fun of McDavid like they wouldn’t trade half their roster for a chance to have him play for their team. :laugh:
Every teams fan base would trade for McDavid there is not doubt about that, I would too.. But no one would trade half their rooster for him that's ludicrous if they did they'd just be the Oilers 😏

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Trow

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Is that the ex-wife who a judge decided wasn't fit to have custody of her own children? Really setting the bar high with that one, eh?
Yeah. The one with a restraining order that was kicked out of an LA (I think) game earlier in the season because she is INSANE

That scale is accurate

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad