Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Vancouver is that team this year and Skinner doesn’t move he’s just kinda a mini wall and Vancouver is picking the insides posts off him.

McDavid season sunk again by bad goaltending. Don’t think Oilers can win, just seems Vancouver has found the trail and they’ll just stick to it until the bell rings

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Vancouver is that team this year and Skinner doesn’t move he’s just kinda a mini wall and Vancouver is picking the insides posts off him.

McDavid season sunk again by bad goaltending. Don’t think Oilers can win, just seems Vancouver has found the trail and they’ll just stick to it until the bell rings
Also some below average defence in front of Skinner, Ekholm is the only blue liner who seems to care

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Watched the last period and it was baffling how uninspired Oilers were despite being down 2 goals. I mean where's the passion, where's the fight? Couldn't believe my eyes, it's like they were not really interested at all.

Also, if you get a PP with 5 mins to go and you're down 2 goals, why not pull the goalie then instead of the last 2-3 minutes?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Oilers fan should be more angry with the fact that there was absolutely no response to the end of game scrum from their own players. It cleared up pretty easily and quickly and there was no pushback from any Oilers players. Are the Oilers not a tight group?

If any other team had their leader and best player in the middle of that there would have been an all out war and it would have been mayhem out there. Oilers look like individuals out there. The Canucks look like a team.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Any word on a possible suspension for Foegele? He punched Zadorov from the bench while Zadorov was putting Kane into the bench. Interference from the bench is an automatic misconduct under rule 8.4.

Looking at the replay of that massive hit, I was more interested in whether or not the league would look at Kane kicking Zadorov in the back of the head with his skate as he was trying to get upright.

You hope it was accidental, obviously, and perhaps it was but still lucky that wasn't worse.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lol Oilers just shooting from everywhere and anywhere thinking it’ll go in on a 3rd string goalie haha. Don’t let the perimeter shots fool you, the Canucks shoot to score, the Oilers shoot to warm up the goalie.

Other stats:

Faces-offs
38-28 in favour of Canucks

Hits
53-32 in favour of Canucks

Powerplay
2-3 Van
2-4 Oil

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Any word on a possible suspension for Foegele? He punched Zadorov from the bench while Zadorov was putting Kane into the bench. Interference from the bench is an automatic misconduct under rule 8.4.
Thing is, we don't want Foegele suspended. He's a not so secret weapon for the Canucks. Amore appropriate penalty would be to force the Oilers to play him more.

Reactions: nucks88

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Buying out Nurse is.

Campbell buyout saves you at max 3.9m next season. Not gunna move the needle much. You'd have to just use that money on a goalie anyways.
3.9 is a lot of money. Should have been done last year.

Nurse is making too much and trading to a cap floor team with retention might be an option.

Get Bennington. Spend all the draft capital

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Looking at the replay of that massive hit, I was more interested in whether or not the league would look at Kane kicking Zadorov in the back of the head with his skate as he was trying to get upright.

You hope it was accidental, obviously, and perhaps it was but still lucky that wasn't worse.
I thought the same thing. You want to think there was no intent, but you never know. Kane is a douchebag.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Can't imagine what we'd be seeing if that was Hughes or Pettersson getting crosschecked instead of McDavid at the end. He popped back up so he's okay but we would be seeing the stretcher come out if it was a canuck player. People on here were suggesting McDavid purposely slashed Hughes in game 2 so this should be along the lines of attempted murder if we're going by that ridiculous logic.

And Tocchet preaching about embellishment before this series has been quite ironic considering he has a handful of players dropping dead for 5 seconds like they've been shot in each game trying to get calls.

I liked the oilers game outside of goaltending. Had some defensive lapses in the first then locked it down on the backend and just couldn't buy another goal. Not too concerned going into next game if we play like that and Skinner sits. We also need to stay out the box. The refs have been inconsistent all series and have boned both teams with missed and weak calls. It would be nice to see some consistency but that's wishful thinking.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Something that stood out to me:

How much the bench was celebrating the Zad penalty for tossing Kane over the boards. It’s almost like they knew it’s the only way to score and they had achieved a way to balance the scoring.

Then the reaction to the bench minor and all of them complaining when they realized they had to score 4 on 4 or 5 on 5.

No more smiles. Insane team culture.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m surprised by how soundly the Canucks are winning the physical battle. They’re out hitting the Oilers consistently. That scrum at the end when they responded to the two handed slash by McDavid and then no Oiler defended McDavid is the series in a microcosm. I’m so used to the Canucks being the ones intimidated but this years team has some big physical players especially on defense.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
This post is extremely ironic after a game where the Canucks were indeed the masters of PDO.

Sure be nice if we could get a save though.
Haha I am fully aware of how the game went. I'm laughing at the fools that thought they could beat the PDO destined Canucks.

You should try putting your 3rd stringer in.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Everyone except Oilers management could see that Skinner isn't a cup contending goalie. Samsonov is a step above him. Just why ? Regardless if they win or lose this series, why did Oilers management do this to themselves
They must see something in him the rest of the world doesn't. I don't even think he's a good NHL goalie. Hes so damn slow, gets beat up high, can't play through any kind of a screen, plays the puck like a grenade, and he falls on his ass more than any other goalie I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad