Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
The Edmonton oilers have only scored 2 goals without Drai/McD on the ice in all the playoffs. They are a two man show. Look at the ice times tonight. Even if they somehow get by the Canucks does anyone think they can win a cup like this? The Oiler larping media outlets have convinced everyone this is what a cup favorite looks like:

If you’re gonna play those guys literally half the game - then why not just go with a 11/7 lineup?

I gather the EDM org doesn’t have great defensive depth. But you never know, certain guys might work better for particular matchups. You can at least try to do something to changeup the abomination that is the Nurse - Ceci pairing; and lessen Bouchard’s mins a bit.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Overplaying McDrai has been the same issue every single year. After all these years, they are still looking at a team that only has two guys and a bunch of chumps.

They've only stacked that line after Draisaitl has been banged up, but I agree, need to find a solution to get better depth. I'd split them back up for game 4 and take my chances. Draisaitl is still good enough to drive his own line.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Why would a team with such insane depth compared to the Canucks like the Oilers be playing their top forwards 30 mins a night? Did their coach not read the articles about how good and deep his team is?
Yea before the series started edmonton supposedly had better depth than vancouver. We also have a third string ahl goalie who hasn't played much this year. Now we got some oiler fans saying Bouchard is better than hughes due to production even though we played Nashville.

Somehow with all this depth, we are still up in the series. Even if we weren't up, the games shouldn't even be this close. You got two of the best players playing 30 mins a night

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
McBaby f***ed around and found out.

Not even close to being a suspension. No intent, no injury.

Was amazed at how quiet that building was in the 3rd period despite Edmonton carrying the play.

I thought we talked about this, I want some creativity from these nicknames. 0/10, just lazy.

Reactions: RedRocking

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
If you’re gonna play those guys literally half the game - then why not just go with a 11/7 lineup?

I gather EDM doesn’t have great defensive depth. But you never know, certain guys might work better for particular matchups. You can at least try to do something to changeup the abomination that is the Nurse - Ceci pairing; and lessen Bouchard’s mins a bit.
They've got Stecher, I'd be willing to bet he's better than Ceci or Desharnais

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

Was amazed at how quiet that building was in the 3rd period despite Edmonton carrying the play.
Not real fans, basically a bunch of bandwagoners because they have the best player in hockey. Rogers Arena was louder and the game wasn't even being played there.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yea before the series started edmonton supposedly had better depth than vancouver. We also have a third string ahl goalie who hasn't played much this year. Now we got some oiler fans saying Bouchard is better than hughes due to production even though we played Nashville.

Somehow with all this depth, we are still up in the series. Even if we weren't up, the games shouldn't even be this close. You got two of the best players playing 30 mins a night

Bouchard has been better than Hughes through the very limited 3 head to head games they've played so far. I'd still take Hughes over him, but he's been really good so far.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They've only stacked that line after Draisaitl has been banged up, but I agree, need to find a solution to get better depth. I'd split them back up for game 4 and take my chances. Draisaitl is still good enough to drive his own line.
Their depth isn't healthy either, which is probably why they're loading up more than just Draisaitl being banged up.

Henrique was a 1st line winger who only gave up like 2 high danger chances the entirety of the first round and now he's barely playing.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Bouchard has been better than Hughes through the very limited 3 head to head games they've played so far. I'd still take Hughes over him, but he's been really good so far.
Does that have anything to do with playing with McDrai?

Bouchard has made a lot of careless plays in his own end this series too, but has yet to be punished that I can recall.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Bouchard is playing with McDavid and Hughes is defending against McDavid.

Bit of a different context there. If you put Evan Bouchard on the ice against Connor McDavid, the results would not be pretty.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I mean, it's pretty accurate.

I've watched a lot of sports for a long time and I've never seen such a miserable, unlikeable, ceaselessly whining star player.
Are you familiar with JT Miller? Think you could dig up some pretty juicy posts on this forum from Canucks fans if you go back like a season.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Except that one guy near the glass with the white tee-shirt who stood the entire 3rd, gesturing and screaming at everything. :huh:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Does that have anything to do with playing with McDrai?

Bouchard has made a lot of careless plays in his own end this series too, but has yet to be punished that I can recall.

I don't recall any careless plays, which is usually his downfall. Both Eckholm and he have both been excellent, at 5on5 and on the PP. They are are responsible for 5 of the goals for so far, and are a combined +7.

pomx

May 15, 2014
The only emotional group I really see around here at the moment is the Oilers bitching about their goalie shitting the bed and how goaltending is the reason why McDavid/Draisaitl aren't on their quest for back-to-back cups lmao. The crowning achievement of this generation of the Oilers, with 2 generational talents and 4 1st overall picks in the 2010s, is getting swept in the conference finals at the hands of the Avs. I'd be emotional too if that was the only thing my team has accomplished in the last near decade of having McDavid/Draisaitl, and 4 1st overall selections in RNH/Hall/Yakupov/McDavid.
OOOOOOOOOOOOF

Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I don't recall any careless plays, which is usually his downfall. Both Eckholm and he have both been excellent, at 5on5 and on the PP. They are are responsible for 5 of the goals for so far, and are a combined +7.
Had a terrible giveaway in this game where he just handed it to a Canuck on the half wall… was sometime in the first period but yah… didn’t pay so I don’t remember.

Ekholm actually gave it away on the same shift.

Then he’s just soft on the puck far too often.

Bouchard is great offensively, but benefits so much playing with McDrai.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Are you familiar with JT Miller? Think you could dig up some pretty juicy posts on this forum from Canucks fans if you go back like a season.

Miller is a bit of a spaz and had some bad body language when the team stunk and everyone was frustrated a couple years back but he's a funny guy who also seems to be having lots of fun when things are going well and is definitely not the permanently-miserable McDavid moaning to the refs at damn near every play stoppage.

Anyone that insanely good at hockey should look like they're having a bit more fun playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad