Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Actually your team has done jack squat for 34 years, thats before the 2000s. Well, being draft lottery champs doesnt count. Only reason i brought up the division title was your super powerhouse team hasnt even managed to win one - as a bare minimum - after being gifted a guy that is being put in the same conversation as Gretzky. Thats embarrassing. But hey maybe if they keep playing him and his angry side kick for 30 minutes a game to cover up your trash roster - they might win a few more games here.
Really comparing the heights of acorns here... Oilers have been shit for decades and were cursed with 2 of the worst GM performances ever in the McDavid era but let's not act like the Canucks aren't at the top of the list for futility in league history. If the Blue Jackets didn't exist they might be #1.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The Oilers first line is great but besides that dominant line there’s no one else, the 2 other forwards I noticed tonight besides the big line were Kane & old man Perry.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Are you always this clueless or is that unique to this evening? Nice shot of the aftermath, this is the actual crosscheck. Note the spread hands.
There is no chance the stick is in Soucys left hand, the angle of the stick, the fact Soucy’s elbow is bent and position of his glove. I will admit, I kind of see why you thought it was… but it’s clearly not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Hodgy

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
NHL DOPS

Spear someone in the balls? No problem.
Highstick in the face knowing exactly where it's going? No problem.
Regular post whistle scrum and physicality? SUSPEND SOUCY !!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosscheck was to the neck

g9YeUsM.png

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Check out the shift chart and ice time for the oilers in game 3:

That's just some crazy usage of the Oilers big-5 unit in the third period. McDavid, I believe, played 13:24 in the third period alone.

Reactions: byrath

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
NHL DOPS

Spear someone in the balls? No problem.
Highstick in the face knowing exactly where it's going? No problem.
Regular post whistle scrum and physicality? SUSPEND SOUCY !!

They're always going to take a look into something that resulted in a cross check to the face. Every single time. I suspect nothing will come out of it, but you and I both know that it's far more serious than the other two.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Weird how you guys keep posting the aftermath, not the crosscheck itself View attachment 869742
You just posted another photo thats also in the "aftermath" showing Soucy's gloves making contact with McDavid LMAO.

Or are you seriously saying the inch of the stick Soucy is holding is what made contact with McDavid? If so, Oilers fans please come save your comrade please he's going senile.

EDIT:
if you want a photo of the actual contact itself... here you go:
Screenshot 2024-05-13 000852.png

Even this is actually quite a few frames after the initial contact but I digress. See how Soucy's stick is nowhere near his bottom hand? It means he wasn't even holding it when he "cross checked" McDavid.

Now when you watch the whole sequence, notice how that same bottom hand after the so called "cross-check" ends still isn't holding the stick?

Now once you can admit he is holding the stick with one hand, I'd love for you to share your wisdom and knowledge of what a cross-check is. Could you please enlighten me on how one delivers a cross-check with one hand on the stick?

Last edited:
Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Check out the shift chart and ice time for the oilers in game 3:

That's just some crazy usage of the Oilers big-5 unit in the third period. McDavid, I believe, played 13:24 in the third period alone.

I think that's why the PP looked so bad in the 3rd, they were just gassed. I think McDavid can play those kinds of minutes, but not all in one period.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I got to say though, I wasn't expecting this team to be this good against a contender this early in their rebuild. Even though I hate this kitty bar the door tactic once they take a lead, they've pretty much played their game successfully against a serious team 3 games in, they could've been up 3-0 even.

Reactions: I am toxic

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Pretty much incidental contact. Maybe McDavid shouldn't embellish when he gets a light crosscheck to the back.

You can kind of see it on Soucy's face when he hits him that he had no intention of making contact with the face. That's not embellishment though, that was a pretty good blindside shot from Z.

Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I think that's why the PP looked so bad in the 3rd, they were just gassed. I think McDavid can play those kinds of minutes, but not all in one period.
It's the equivalent of using your ace starting rotation pitcher as a late inning reliever to hold a baseball game.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You can kind of see it on Soucy's face when he hits him that he had no intention of making contact with the face. That's not embellishment though, that was a pretty good blindside shot from Z.
Yah, he took two nasty cross checks and a light shove. Wonder if that’ll teach him to not two hand slash someone after the game.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You just posted another photo thats also in the "aftermath" showing Soucy's gloves making contact with McDavid LMAO.

Or are you seriously saying the inch of the stick Soucy is holding is what made contact with McDavid? If so, Oilers fans please come save your comrade please he's going senile.

EDIT:
if you want a photo of the actual contact itself... here you go:
View attachment 869745

See how Soucy's stick is nowhere near his bottom hand? It means he wasn't even holding it when he "cross checked" McDavid. Since you're so wise and know what a cross-check is, care to explain how one delivers a cross-check with one hand on the stick?
This post would be fantastic if it wasn’t his left hand.

Reactions: Canuck Luck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad