Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
The hockey gods work in mysterious ways and they usually reward premature cockiness with bitter defeat. Hope they’ve got eyes on this thread because holy smokes I’ve never seen a fanbase that’s won two of three one goal games behave like this group.
Hockey gods are too busy dealing with all the oilers calling this series a sweep for them before it started, sorry

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
The hockey gods work in mysterious ways and they usually reward premature cockiness with bitter defeat. Hope they’ve got eyes on this thread because holy smokes I’ve never seen a fanbase that’s won two of three one goal games behave like this group.
the entire national media and every oilers fan predicted oilers would take this easily, nobody is buying this argument LMAO

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He's gotta make one of those saves. When you give a good player high quality looks they are going to put some past you, but you expect a goalie to make the odd save. I don't think he made one difficult save all night.
He hasn't made one all series.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
oilers need to work on their D-Zone coverage.
if they did that, their goalie would look better.
he'd still suck, but he'd suck less.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

Maybe the hockey gods are rewarding the Oilers fans who thought this series wouldn't be close with a lot celebrating Demko's injury.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Respectfully, did you SEE some of the takes from some Oilers fans before the series even started?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm trying not to troll here, but they're putting their hopes of coming back on this series on either Stuart Skinner (Don't need to break down why that would be a miracle if EDM won with him in net), or Calvin Pickard - someone who has been a journeyman goaltender his entire career, barely above a .900 save percentage in his career, has never started a playoff game in his career, and now has the hopes of the team that was the odds on favorite to win the cup hinged on him.
They won 49 games in the regular season (1 back of Vancouver) with that tandem in net. They get average goaltending and they could win this series.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
We've seen Silovs in high pressure environments thrive - he won the IIHF WHC MVP just last year. He just turned 23 so we know that there is room to grow for him. Pickard is nothing but a journeyman, and if your hopes are pinned on him you're hopeless.

Canucks seem to have great goaltending no matter what, since Luongo, they’ve had Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack, Ryan Miller, Jakob Markstrom, Thatcher Demko, Arthur Silovs.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He's gotta make one of those saves. When you give a good player high quality looks they are going to put some past you, but you expect a goalie to make the odd save. I don't think he made one difficult save all night.

He had 0 chance on the first 2, and Id say he had next to 0 chance on the 3rd. The 4th perhaps you need a stop there.

I get theres mounting frustration given hes allowed stinkers in the other games & the guy at the other end is battling to make some bigger saves, but isolating this game the Oilers defending is as much at fault tonight Imo. Including McD on the 2nd one.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Look just because you’re 12 doesn’t mean that there weren’t games before the 2000’s.

Division titles are for losers. Nobody cares about them except for poverty franchises desperate to fill their rafters.
Actually your team has done jack squat for 34 years, thats before the 2000s. Well, being draft lottery champs doesnt count. Only reason i brought up the division title was your super powerhouse team hasnt even managed to win one - as a bare minimum - after being gifted a guy that is being put in the same conversation as Gretzky. Thats embarrassing. But hey maybe if they keep playing him and his angry side kick for 30 minutes a game to cover up your trash roster - they might win a few more games here.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
“We Stylin’” guy thinks someone else is embarrassing themselves? :laugh:

Cross check. Look at his hands on the first “incident”. Take notes if you need to.
Screenshot 2024-05-12 234736.png

The NHL defines a cross check in their Rule 59 as "The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent"

I guess 2 gloves are now the shaft of a hockey stick? Or are you really saying his gloves are not the point of contact when they are clearly well past the butt end of the stick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
View attachment 869741

The NHL defines a cross check in their Rule 59 as "The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent"

I guess 2 gloves are now the shaft of a hockey stick? Or are you really saying his gloves are not the point of contact when they are clearly well past the butt end of the stick.
Weird how you guys keep posting the aftermath, not the crosscheck itself
IMG_6096.png

• Haha
Reactions: Hodgy

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Actually your team has done jack squat for 34 years, thats before the 2000s. Well, being draft lottery champs doesnt count. Only reason i brought up the division title was your super powerhouse team hasnt even managed to win one - as a bare minimum - after being gifted a guy that is being put in the same conversation as Gretzky. Thats embarrassing. But hey maybe if they keep playing him and his angry side kick for 30 minutes a game to cover up your trash roster - they might win a few more games here.

Oilers win in 1990
Canucks make SCF in 1994

Oilers make SCF in 2006
Canucks make SCF in 2011

The timeline lines up, Oilers make SCF in 2024
Canucks make SCF in 2030

Why is everyone so mad? The finals appearances appear to be linked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad