Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Pretty crazy that 5 on 5 both teams had less than 2 expected goals for and that the high danger chances were even. Edmonton generated ONE high danger chance in the third at even strength. Lots of shots from the outside, not a lot of slot chances or second opportunities. TONS of possession that didnt actually end with a high danger chance. Everything they generate is on the PP or 6 on 5.

5 on 5 they really arent that scary at all. 5 on 4 and 6 on 5 they might be the best Ive ever seen but 5 on 5? I think Nashville was better (and definitely had better goaltending and defense).

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I watch both teams (Canucks fan first, Oilers second).

This isn't the Oilers A game. They usually feast on teams that panic (hence when the Canucks did it, they got scored on) because their defense tends to pinch down the wall and hold the zone. Canucks are aware of this, but also playing a risky style of handing the puck back over and testing their luck. However, with that said, there's a lot of no-shows from the Oilers. Now a lot of that is on the Canucks as their depth is very defensive oriented, however the Oilers are also not capitalizing on a lot of their chances as well. A lot of missed nets, lots of posts, etc.

Canucks are pulling a Nashville on the Oilers essentially. They're making them look worse than they are despite looking like a weak team. Canucks are lucky that Skinner (who was halfway decent this year in net during the reg season) isn't playing well and the Canucks have returned to form on capitalizing on their chances that they couldn't do at all against Nashville.

Add in some horrible officiating both ways and we have a 2-1 series with the Canucks up. With that said, objectively speaking based on level of play, I personally feel the Canucks should be down 2-1 in the series. I thought the Canucks were better in game 1, but game 2 and 3 Oilers were the better team but them's the bounces as they say.
Refs are meh. But it goes both ways. In all series. Just gotta go with the flow the best you can.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
you mean after Soucy cross checked him the first time?

It’s funny actually the scummiest play there was Zadorov, you could tell Soucy didn’t mean to hit him in the face and actually looked like he reached down and apologize. Russian Shrek didn’t care though.
You swing your stick like a baseball bat you better expect to get rocked

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
We lost our 3C Henrique, what should I do now? How about I remove our 2C as well?
-Knoblauch

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Edmonton looked pretty ineffective when not on the PP, no contribution from their depth players, and shaky goaltending.

Can someone remind me why they are considered by many as favourites for the cup?
McDavid said cup or bust. Hard to not have them as the favourites after that

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyWooot

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Calvin Pickard has literally never started a playoff game in his life, has a career .904 save percentage and Oilers fans are clamoring for him to start lmao they are so f***ed.
In there defense would you run Skinner back? Silovs for Canucks is a rookie to whose had more games in the playoffs now then regular season. Skinner couldn't even face the media after game he's shaken for sure.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Calvin Pickard has literally never started a playoff game in his life, has a career .904 save percentage and Oilers fans are clamoring for him to start lmao they are so f***ed.
He played way above expectations this year for the Oilers. I thought for sure he was a horrible pickup but he's played quite well in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see him in a playoff scenario but he's stolen a couple games for the Oilers this season. Most of his career he's been ass, but this year might even be his best one yet (at least from what I can tell).

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.
Oooooh that's asking a lot here. Best of luck.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
I shouldn't say I told you so but I told you so Oilers fans. Going with Skinner is a recipy for disaster. 45 shots on goal vs Vancouver's 18 isn't enough when your sorry excuse for a goalie can't catch a beach ball and posts a .733 SV%. Continue down this road Oil guys and the season is over within a week.

The worst starter goalie in playoffs in recent memory. And by recent I mean about 20 years.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I personally like McNuggets.

• Haha
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Only two things about Edmonton are scary
1. McDavid
2. Their powerplay (which is also mostly just McDavid)

5on5 they are average
Defensively they are terrible
Goaltending, Skinner gets hung out to dry by that terrible defence.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Pickard is the Oilers high prized insurance policy in net. I hope Skinner starts next game because he has a .796SV% in this series. lol

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Give us your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad